Author Topic: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here - Coming to Iran soon!  (Read 130907 times)

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
Re: Syria, Iraq & Islamic State related atrocities all here
« Reply #4050 on: Saturday 14 April 2018, 07:14:57 PM »
Kuennsberg, just now on the BBC, outlining the unanswered questions.

She was the first person to be given the opportunity to probe May, this morning.

As the national TV channel i would have thought that was standard practice.

:yao:

I dunno, BBC the state TV  :lol:

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #4051 on: Saturday 14 April 2018, 07:15:54 PM »

Wants a bomb dropping on his own heed for needlessly capping up "military" and "accomplished" tbh.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4052 on: Saturday 14 April 2018, 07:40:42 PM »

Describing Trump as "quite clearly disturbed" has made my evening. :lol:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #4053 on: Saturday 14 April 2018, 09:13:36 PM »
Carnt we slip a footballers weekly pay packet into the pockets of are brave solejaz and put troops on the ground instead? xxxx
World cup year pet, not enough money. Greedy footballers.
Bearings Straight!

Offline polkaDot

• General Member
« Reply #4054 on: Saturday 14 April 2018, 09:45:56 PM »
It's all about opinions ofcourse, and mine is that using the Syrian governments flag rather than that of the opposition shows support for Assad.

And I feel that's just a load of twisting s****.  Yeh, let's use the flag that represents the great opposition to Assad, the heart eating (FSA), beheading psychos, that's much better. My opinion, of course.  :thup:

The SNC (red stars) flag was used throughout Syria at the very begining of the uprising, which began as a relatively peacefull afair until Assad released thousands of islamists from his jails, beginning the long descent into the horror that Syria now finds itself in.

Anyone currently using the government flag (green stars) is, pretty much, an Assad appologist.

« Last Edit: Saturday 14 April 2018, 09:59:02 PM by polkaDot »

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #4055 on: Saturday 14 April 2018, 10:14:48 PM »
It's really hard to feel any sympathy towards his Assad, his father burned whole opposition villages to the ground back in his day and he carried on doing just the same, and almost burnt his whole country down because people opposed him, what initially started as protests escalated to one of the worst civil wars in history and he is largely to blame for this, the Free Syrian Army and all the other radical groups around them are obviously just as bad but they only appeared as a reaction to his actions.

And now his people are claiming that they are close to "winning" ..against who? his own people, after turning his own country to ruins, and pretty much a platform for proxy wars from around the region. inviting Iran and Hezbollah (who they long had good ties to with) to come and make his country their own, really sad to see what Syria has turned into.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4056 on: Saturday 14 April 2018, 10:47:43 PM »

She was the first person to be given the opportunity to probe May, this morning.

Forgive me, but I thought the job of a journalist was toget answers to questions, not just remind us of the questions.

I mean it's bad enough she was paid for failing to get any answers, but then she's paid for reporting on her own failure.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #4057 on: Saturday 14 April 2018, 10:59:44 PM »
I'm not a fan of Kuenssberg, but I don't think there's a journalist alive who could get Theresa May to answer a difficult question.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4058 on: Saturday 14 April 2018, 11:45:52 PM »
I'm not a fan of Kuenssberg, but I don't think there's a journalist alive who could get Theresa May to answer a difficult question.

Oh. Well that makes my dissatisfaction just seem churlish. Sorry guys, as you were.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4059 on: Sunday 15 April 2018, 12:44:28 AM »
Starting to think May has perhaps played this better than originally thought.  I think the initial idea that there was going to be a regime change agenda galvanised a lot of the Stop the War type folks, and that would have gradually led to months of protest.  But with it being one-off, and as of now pretty much over, the protest(s) is going to fall flat on its arse.  They'll probably end out pissing people off, especially if people really see the Syrian national flag as a "pro-Assad" flag.  And it the message is "Stop the bombing of Syria", then it's f***ing stopped you morons.

She'll get a spanking in Parliament, but it's hardly the first time she's wanting to bypass them, the Brexit vote comes to mind. 
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #4060 on: Sunday 15 April 2018, 01:40:15 AM »

Forgive me, but I thought the job of a journalist was toget answers to questions, not just remind us of the questions.

I mean it's bad enough she was paid for failing to get any answers, but then she's paid for reporting on her own failure.

Think we have crossed wires mate, i was just saying i always thought the BBC got to ask the first question in a press conference as the state TV company. Other than that i had no idea what you were talking about in regard to the questions etc.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4061 on: Monday 16 April 2018, 05:26:21 PM »

Although I'll wait for him saying this before believing the above.  But people will have a harder time making out he's someone to doubt. 

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4062 on: Monday 16 April 2018, 06:45:11 PM »
aw man imagine if there was no chemical attack, jesus christ
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4063 on: Monday 16 April 2018, 07:18:20 PM »
To some degree though, the way it's been described (as long as those are his words), you could imagine just about everyone managing to save face.  Although I'm sure it'll be met with silence, just as it will be on this forum from everyone that was oh so sure. I mean the tweet doesn't really match what he's (apparently) said.  A false flag would be an actual chemical attack carried out with the pretence that it was Syria.  Going by what he has, again, apparently said, it's more of a sort of shouting "fire fire fire" in a cinema and every c*** bolting assuming it was a fire, or if I were to stop waffling on, many thinking it really was gas and taking the steps just in case. 

EDIT: https://podcasts.spiritradio.ie/robert-fisk-from-douma-syria/ - Pretty sure that is him, so little reason to doubt what's attributed to him.
« Last Edit: Monday 16 April 2018, 07:55:14 PM by BlufPurdi »

Offline Eddy Chibas

• General Member
  • Rent-A-Schmuck
« Reply #4064 on: Monday 16 April 2018, 07:36:22 PM »
Seymour Hersh's (he can be 'hit & miss') take concerning false-flag chemical attacks, as you put it, is interesting to say the least.
"That's where we step in," Alexander says. "We make sure there's order, that people aren't taking off on top of each other. On a wave like Pipe, doing something stupid isn't just not having surfing etiquette. It's attempted murder. Getting dropped in on at Pipe is like someone pointing a gun at your head. And you know, if you point a gun at one of us, well, there are gonna be consequences."

What would happen if someone dropped in on Alexander?

"I wouldn't say much," he says. "Maybe I'd paddle up to you, tell you to go in, or take off your leash. But later I'd find you, or a few of the other guys would, and you'd be taught a lesson."

Well-played Kala, well-played!

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4065 on: Monday 16 April 2018, 07:42:13 PM »
Aye, well he got shunned by most of the Western press after saying the first of all the chemical attacks wasn't Assad.  Can't get published by anyone these, he was saying, short of some outlets in Germany, I think. 

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4066 on: Monday 16 April 2018, 10:15:29 PM »
Fisk article:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/syria-chemical-attack-gas-douma-robert-fisk-ghouta-damascus-a8307726.html

This is the story of a town called Douma, a ravaged, stinking place of smashed apartment blocks -- and of an underground clinic whose images of suffering allowed three of the Western world’s most powerful nations to bomb Syria last week. There’s even a friendly doctor in a green coat who, when I track him down in the very same clinic, cheerfully tells me that the ‘gas’ videotape which horrified the world – despite all the doubters – is perfectly genuine.

War stories, however, have a habit of growing darker. For the same 58-year old senior Syrian doctor then adds something profoundly uncomfortable: the patients, he says, were overcome not by gas but by oxygen starvation in the rubbish-filled tunnels and basements in which they lived, on a night of wind and heavy shelling that stirred up a dust storm.

Ooops.

I suppose it's not cast iron proof, mind, and decisions have already been made.   

Offline Willow

• General Member
« Reply #4067 on: Monday 16 April 2018, 10:26:49 PM »

Describing Trump as "quite clearly disturbed" has made my evening. :lol:

Spot on

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #4068 on: Monday 16 April 2018, 11:05:03 PM »
Stop the war and all that.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4069 on: Monday 16 April 2018, 11:24:50 PM »
Israel launching attacks in Syria. :facepalm:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4070 on: Tuesday 17 April 2018, 12:41:19 AM »
Stop the war and all that.

She's literally foaming at the mouth. :lol:

I'll accept that she's an Assad apologist like. :lol:

Anti-war movements do bring together a wide range of views.  Peter Hitchens seems to be the man of the moment for many for instance, he's no apologist for Assad.  Just doesn't want us wasting resources on war.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #4071 on: Tuesday 17 April 2018, 01:00:36 AM »

Although I'll wait for him saying this before believing the above.  But people will have a harder time making out he's someone to doubt. 

That tweet seems very certain considering Fisk's own headline only reads "one doctor's doubts".

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4072 on: Tuesday 17 April 2018, 01:11:13 AM »
Yes, I said that as well, Troll.  I'll quote it for you:

the tweet doesn't really match what he's (apparently) said.  A false flag would be an actual chemical attack carried out with the pretence that it was Syria.

:thup:

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #4073 on: Tuesday 17 April 2018, 01:22:46 AM »
Eva Bartlett has absolutely no credibility. She has been peddling the recycling of "actors" s*** in Syria for awhile ( among her other shilling of the Syrian regime) the same playbook the right wing have been using with regard to the Parkland shooting, and just about every other gun massacre in the U.S.

She's going to take Fisk's s*** and run with it, no matter what comes out...deep state suppression and all.

Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline IneedAbed

• clean your room
« Reply #4074 on: Tuesday 17 April 2018, 10:08:13 AM »
If assad fell , and I would like to ask for what?, genuinely.
Not debunked reports , multi government reports of wrongdoing before wartime or official global organisation reports like OPCW .
Anyway if assad fell, no government in place to replace him, 2 or more agitating groups of rebels (islamic jihadists and mercenaries lets be fair) the only likely successors and its Libya . Another massive migrant wave crisis will ensue and thousands of atrocities. For what?
Its bad but it could be so much worse.
Cease fire
 isis, al queda, al nusra etc leave, and israel .... no words, uk, us, france just no .
All because of something that hasnt been proven. :frantic:
"He never fails to hit the target. But that was a miss."