Author Topic: What mood are you in?  (Read 603843 times)

Online B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Amartya Sen, motherfucker
Re: What mood are you in?
« Reply #17225 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 01:31:21 PM »
Pretty s***, wife went for another scan after the last one when there was one fetus developing nicely and one not so but now both are gone so she will miscarry in the next week or 2.

Oh man, so sorry to hear that.

Online Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #17226 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 01:33:55 PM »
So sorry to hear that. Thinking of you.

Offline Hoogen

• General Member
« Reply #17227 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 01:38:17 PM »
Pretty s***, wife went for another scan after the last one when there was one fetus developing nicely and one not so but now both are gone so she will miscarry in the next week or 2.

So sorry to hear this Gorilla. Look after each other as best you can, that's really the best advice I can give. There's plenty of support from people in similar situations online too, so hunt that out if you think hearing other people's stories might help you. It really helped us feel like we weren't at fault and that we weren't alone, and it's eye-opening just how many people have been through this before you.

We lost our first little lad to Edward's Syndrome (Trisonomy 18) at the latest stage possible for a medical abortion (which they fudged and which had to be re-done), and had a pretty awful pregnancy the second time around where we were gently encouraged to terminate again at the 20 week scan due to an abnormality that was discovered. We decided against it and now have a cracking little lad of 19 months, although he does have a fairly significant sight issue/deformity in one of his eyes, he's happy as anything and progressing fantastically. Most stories you read have a perfectly fine pregnancy second time around, which we always took great hope from. We don't have any genetic defects ourselves, we're just massively f***ing unlucky, which sadly seems to be the way for most people.

If we can survive what we went through with everything else that was s*** for us at the time, I'm 100% sure you and your partner can. Just make sure you both try to deal with it in the here and now rather than burying anything that could come back later, you need to try and face it and just get the tears out whenever you can. It took us a good few months to get over that stage, but it bonded us closer together. You can't blame yourselves, that's the key thing, just rage against the unfairness of it all.

Hope this has helped in some small way, and that you know everyone on N-O is here for you.

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #17228 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 01:52:13 PM »

Really sorry to hear, man.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #17229 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 01:54:18 PM »
Thanks everyone, @Hoogen I went through something similar before with my ex wife however that was Patau syndrome. Truly awful. She's 10 weeks so it's not too far a long so hopefully shouldn't be too bad. Going to take the rest of the week off so I can look after the little one.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #17230 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 01:56:34 PM »

Really sorry to hear this mate.

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #17231 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 01:58:37 PM »

Horrible news, so sorry for you and your wife.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline wormy

• General Member
« Reply #17232 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 02:04:15 PM »
Can only echo all of the above, Gorilla. My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #17233 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 02:32:13 PM »
Can only echo all of the above, Gorilla. My thoughts are with you and your wife.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #17234 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 03:10:47 PM »

So sorry to hear this Gorilla. Look after each other as best you can, that's really the best advice I can give. There's plenty of support from people in similar situations online too, so hunt that out if you think hearing other people's stories might help you. It really helped us feel like we weren't at fault and that we weren't alone, and it's eye-opening just how many people have been through this before you.

We lost our first little lad to Edward's Syndrome (Trisonomy 18) at the latest stage possible for a medical abortion (which they fudged and which had to be re-done), and had a pretty awful pregnancy the second time around where we were gently encouraged to terminate again at the 20 week scan due to an abnormality that was discovered. We decided against it and now have a cracking little lad of 19 months, although he does have a fairly significant sight issue/deformity in one of his eyes, he's happy as anything and progressing fantastically. Most stories you read have a perfectly fine pregnancy second time around, which we always took great hope from. We don't have any genetic defects ourselves, we're just massively f***ing unlucky, which sadly seems to be the way for most people.

If we can survive what we went through with everything else that was s*** for us at the time, I'm 100% sure you and your partner can. Just make sure you both try to deal with it in the here and now rather than burying anything that could come back later, you need to try and face it and just get the tears out whenever you can. It took us a good few months to get over that stage, but it bonded us closer together. You can't blame yourselves, that's the key thing, just rage against the unfairness of it all.

Hope this has helped in some small way, and that you know everyone on N-O is here for you.

Thanks for sharing this @Hoogen, we've been through something similar, our little girl has a chromosome abnormality, a deletion somewhere in her genetic code and a duplication somewhere else, entirely unique to her. Wasn't picked up until she was about six months old, some physical abnormalities were spotted and they ran blood tests.

As it's unique, we don't exactly know how it will affect her long term but at this point it seems unlikely that she'll be able to talk. You've just got to deal with it by focusing on the short term because thinking too far into the future would drive you mad.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Hoogen

• General Member
« Reply #17235 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 03:25:03 PM »
Thanks everyone, @Hoogen I went through something similar before with my ex wife however that was Patau syndrome. Truly awful. She's 10 weeks so it's not too far a long so hopefully shouldn't be too bad. Going to take the rest of the week off so I can look after the little one.

Ah mate, I'm preaching to the choir then. I didn't realise it had happened before. It's good that she's got you to lean on. :thup:

This has also made me realise that our first loss was due to Patau as well, it was my cousin who lost his first to Edwards. Suppose just another example of how sickeningly common this stuff is.

Offline Hoogen

• General Member
« Reply #17236 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 03:29:24 PM »

Thanks for sharing this @Hoogen, we've been through something similar, our little girl has a chromosome abnormality, a deletion somewhere in her genetic code and a duplication somewhere else, entirely unique to her. Wasn't picked up until she was about six months old, some physical abnormalities were spotted and they ran blood tests.

As it's unique, we don't exactly know how it will affect her long term but at this point it seems unlikely that she'll be able to talk. You've just got to deal with it by focusing on the short term because thinking too far into the future would drive you mad.

Totally with you on that last bit, especially as the prospect of future bullying is the only thing that still gets me upset about the whole situation these days. Having seen him develop to this point I'm of the belief that because it's all he's ever known he's perfectly happy with his lot because he knows no different, and if the worst becomes true for your little one I hope it'll be the same there. However, as long as there's hope they'll each be much better than we fear let's hold onto that while we can.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • Supporting Stilton at the Cheese World Cup
« Reply #17237 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 04:47:39 PM »
Goodness me, some sobering accounts. You're all f***ing amazing.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #17238 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 05:05:59 PM »
So sorry for yous Gorilla, all the best pal :(
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #17239 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 10:20:16 PM »
Thanks to all.

Online Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #17240 on: Friday 12 June 2020, 03:49:16 AM »
Sorry Gorilla that's sad as f*** man, much love.

Obviously people on here seen the thing about my Grandad dying I wrote previously,  well I still haven't got over that but..

About 1 year ago I made a mistake whilst completing a document at work, the document in question gets checked after I generated it 4 times off various levels of hierarchy including at least 1 higher than me.  Unfortunately nobody noticed the error even though each step had the documentation to check it against which would of highlighter the mistake, basically I made a typo that cost 1.3$m

Recently the oil & gas industry is struggling like f***, understandably. My workplace notified us of redundancies 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden I'm under investigation for 'gross misconduct' even though all procedures say the person that generates the document is not to blame if its gets through the checks, obviously the 4 checks are to eliminate the chance that I've made a mistake.

I'm suicidal I've said on here before I've been an impatient at St Nick's prior. 1.3m is alot of money to be blamed for, unfortunately that's what's happening at the min.

I'm sorry for going overboard with Burnsie, I feel like I'm lost. Too many things are adding up. f*** this s*** I'll find out soon what's happening I cant be arsed if I tell the truth.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #17241 on: Friday 12 June 2020, 10:24:28 AM »
Man f*** them.

That's not great advice, but f*** them if there's a system in place and no one else caught it. That's blame shared. Putting it all on you is horseshit.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #17242 on: Friday 12 June 2020, 10:31:51 AM »
Don't see how one individual can be called out in a process with many levels of checks. That must be why the process exists.

Offline gbandit

• General Member
  • Brighton
« Reply #17243 on: Friday 12 June 2020, 10:58:56 AM »
Sorry to hear about what you’re going through Charlies, I’ve not used ACAS before but I know other people have and while it can be a drawn out process, especially if you’re already feeling exhausted by it all on top of the emotional impact of losing your grandad, maybe they could offer some guidance. https://www.acas.org.uk/ wishing you all the best

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #17244 on: Friday 12 June 2020, 11:05:07 AM »
Because this process is in place there is jack s*** they can do to you legally.  What you have explained is not gross misconduct, if they try to do anything you will have very strong legal grounds to take them to court and win.

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #17245 on: Friday 12 June 2020, 11:18:20 AM »
Make sure you've got copies of all the procedures at home just in case.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #17246 on: Wednesday 29 July 2020, 07:53:13 AM »
Delighted. Wife's UK visa has finally been approved. 5.5 months we've not seen each other but the end is in sight now :)

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #17247 on: Wednesday 29 July 2020, 08:25:08 AM »
Delighted. Wife's UK visa has finally been approved. 5.5 months we've not seen each other but the end is in sight now :)

Great news. :)

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #17248 on: Yesterday at 02:31:34 PM »
:lol: Man, it'd be so easy to just pick another soccer team if it weren't for you assholes. I f***ing love you c***s. This is the funniest place online. Why do we have to be f***ing Newcastle fans.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #17249 on: Yesterday at 02:33:52 PM »
:lol: Man, it'd be so easy to just pick another soccer team if it weren't for you assholes. I f***ing love you c***s. This is the funniest place online. Why do we have to be f***ing Newcastle fans.

Could be worse, we could be Americans! Or Football fans. Or Mackems. Life is good for us here N.O folk :thup:
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had