Author Topic: What mood are you in?  (Read 539582 times)

Offline leffe186

• General Member
Re: What mood are you in?
« Reply #16475 on: Monday 10 December 2018, 09:57:39 pm »
I just agreed to something utterly mad. I will be filming the first female led expedition across the Empty Quarter of Oman. Only thing is I have to leave Thursday and it is a 36 day trek across the desert. f***ing hell.

Wat. What kind of logistical support will you have?
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #16476 on: Monday 10 December 2018, 10:13:13 pm »
Land Rover is providing the logistical support.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #16477 on: Monday 10 December 2018, 10:21:48 pm »
Land Rover is providing the logistical support.

It sounds amazing, but risky, and I just hope all the ducks are lined up. What an incredible opportunity though.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
« Reply #16478 on: Monday 10 December 2018, 10:59:28 pm »
I think it is pretty well prepared. Always risk involved with these endeavors. Scorpions, snakes, and a generally inhospitable environment, but it sounds like they are very well-supported. I talked to Land Rovers representatives last night, and they are absolutely on board and amped about the project.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #16479 on: Tuesday 11 December 2018, 05:16:20 pm »
Slightly depressed at the moment.  A year since my mother died which has affected my mood and I'm struggling to decided what I want to do career wise since my postgraduate degree recently.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #16480 on: Tuesday 11 December 2018, 05:33:10 pm »
Slightly depressed at the moment.  A year since my mother died which has affected my mood and I'm struggling to decided what I want to do career wise since my postgraduate degree recently.

Chin up pet. You've done amazingly in the last year and you don't need to rush into anything. :)

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
« Reply #16481 on: Tuesday 11 December 2018, 06:48:30 pm »

:( Sorry to hear that, man.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #16482 on: Tuesday 11 December 2018, 08:39:37 pm »

Take strength from what you’ve achieved mate and all the possible wonderful opportunities ahead of you going forward 👍
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #16483 on: Tuesday 11 December 2018, 11:22:02 pm »
Every ending is strange, especially when you can’t quite decide what to do next. But focus on what you’ve achieved, it’s mint :thup:

« Reply #16484 on: Tuesday 11 December 2018, 11:57:40 pm »

Mate it's a hard time and you're going to feel like this, so don't feel bad about it. You're a young lad with lots of knowledge and you're in a good position. Deciding is good, even if you don't know, it's not something to cause you worry. I'm 33 and I have f*** all idea, but it's sound. You have loads of opportunities you'll knock out the park. You're good where you are at the minute and you have s*** loads of time to explore whatever takes your fancy whenever.
Thoughts to you and your family mate.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #16485 on: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 12:48:58 am »

You couldn’t be doing her more proud mate. World is your oyster, it’s hard but don’t get bogged down in the sort term.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #16486 on: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 11:57:36 am »

Mate it's a hard time and you're going to feel like this, so don't feel bad about it. You're a young lad with lots of knowledge and you're in a good position. Deciding is good, even if you don't know, it's not something to cause you worry. I'm 33 and I have f*** all idea, but it's sound. You have loads of opportunities you'll knock out the park. You're good where you are at the minute and you have s*** loads of time to explore whatever takes your fancy whenever.
Thoughts to you and your family mate.

Thanks, I just think it's probably the time of year as well with xmas.  I think I'm trying too hard to not make the mistakes I've done in the past regarding with my next move.  I have decided that I'm trying for jobs abroad.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #16487 on: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 12:23:24 pm »
Nees, I heard about a service called Jobbatical on the radio this morning, take a look.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #16488 on: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 12:25:21 pm »
Nees, I heard about a service called Jobbatical on the radio this morning, take a look.

Yeah I know about them.  Not that good for It development jobs.

« Reply #16489 on: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 01:26:19 pm »
You want a dev job change your status to job searching on linkedin and you'll be bombarded by recruiters.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #16490 on: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 02:13:52 pm »
You want a dev job change your status to job searching on linkedin and you'll be bombarded by recruiters.

I know that.  It's mainly where I want to do it, I'm desperately in need of a change of scenery as well.

« Reply #16491 on: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 02:56:04 pm »
You aint got a s*** load of choice for dev jobs, mate. London, Leeds-ish. Edinburgh... Maybe Manchester but not heard it being a specific hotbed. Obviously dev jobs everywhere but places with a high concentration probably limited to the above.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #16492 on: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 02:59:17 pm »
You aint got a s*** load of choice for dev jobs, mate. London, Leeds-ish. Edinburgh... Maybe Manchester but not heard it being a specific hotbed. Obviously dev jobs everywhere but places with a high concentration probably limited to the above.

There's dev jobs everywhere.  I'm getting contacted for roles from Glasgow to Cornwall.

Anycase I'm looking abroad as Ireland has loads in my domain, similar with Netherlands.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
« Reply #16493 on: Thursday 13 December 2018, 10:39:22 pm »
Off to Oman. See you guys next year.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #16494 on: Thursday 13 December 2018, 10:49:43 pm »
Off to Oman. See you guys next year.

Enjoy.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #16495 on: Thursday 13 December 2018, 10:58:44 pm »
Good luck with it QM!

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #16496 on: Thursday 13 December 2018, 11:13:53 pm »
Oh man, have a great trip man. Stay safe.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #16497 on: Thursday 13 December 2018, 11:26:19 pm »
Stay safe, sounds an amazing opportunity.
Bearings Straight!

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #16498 on: Thursday 13 December 2018, 11:42:11 pm »
Enjoy, QM! Stay safe!

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #16499 on: Friday 14 December 2018, 01:03:51 am »
Good luck. Watch out for the camel spiders!