Author Topic: Ace posts  (Read 198075 times)

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
Ace posts
« on: Friday 2 March 2012, 12:35:11 am »
This may seem a bit pointless and annoying to some but I'm not arsed.  When it comes to the end of year awards and we're asked about great posts from the last 12 months, well I'm f***ed if I can remember them off the top of my head.  This reminds me, I really have neglected the Baba thread, sorry.

Anyway, this thread can be somewhere to whack a great post as and when you see it, whether it's a daft post in GC or one that hits the nail on the head in Football, or otherwise.  As I say, use it or don't, who cares - I'll probably use it now and again so I don't forget the best stuff.

Note from HansDownerpantz, would be cool if we could stick to this to best serve the purpose of the thread, cheers:

People should just quote the post in question (so you can go to the specific post in it's original thread by clicking the hyperlink) and leave any discussion out of the thread to make it easier to look through and laugh in the future. As tempting as it is to congratulate the poster for their contribution to banter in here it sort of ruins the concept of the thread imo. f*** knows.
« Last Edit: Friday 2 March 2012, 08:09:13 pm by Interpolic »

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
Re: Ace posts
« Reply #1 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 12:35:56 am »
And to set the ball rolling...

Made a monumental word plays today. Had to send a guitar back to Fender because of some fret issues. Stuck it in a box, wrote on box in black felt tip: Return to Fender: fret dress unknown. Felt like a god.

Quality.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 12:43:59 am »
Ah, there was one the other day, but I've it forgotten already. :lol: Must be tons of deserving posts from earlier in the year get forgotten about by the time the awards roll by.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #3 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 01:02:52 am »
This thread will either die or its arse or be populated by unworthy contenders and people ripping the p*ss.

You're definitely a genius when it comes to this malarkey, IP. :thup:
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 01:06:29 am »
Not the one the one I was thinking of (which is still bugging me), but this deserves a mention too.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91633.msg3527177.html#msg3527177
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #5 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 01:10:08 am »
This thread will either die or its arse or be populated by unworthy contenders and people ripping the p*ss.

You're definitely a genius when it comes to this malarkey, IP. :thup:

:lol: Yeah it'll work out one way or another, I'm easy either way.  Once I get bored or people don't bother posting owt I'll probably quote the most mundane s**** I can find, similar in concept to Harry Hill's "TV HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!"  Certain posters will feature prominently if I go down this road.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #6 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 01:11:29 am »
Not the one the one I was thinking of (which is still bugging me), but this deserves a mention too.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91633.msg3527177.html#msg3527177

I missed this one  :lol: brilliant  :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #7 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 01:34:05 am »

I missed this one  :lol: brilliant  :lol:

:clap:

Bloody amazing.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 01:35:09 am »
One of the mods needs to quote it before the awards board gets deleted.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #10 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 02:03:42 am »
 :lol: is just quality, a neesy translator.  :lol: still though bluestars FTM post takes some beating.

On this subject, didn't we have a post of the day thread?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 08:24:29 am »
I laugh every time I read that, man. :lol:

Offline oldtype

• Trailer Wanker
  • General Member
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #12 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 08:26:02 am »
I wish I could quote that post on immigrants in the old Sunderland thread I made early last year.

Was proper pleased with myself for a day :lol:, somebody mentioned "early candidate for post of the year...."

Then of course everyone forgot all about it :okay:

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #13 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 10:09:55 am »
I wish I could quote that post on immigrants in the old Sunderland thread I made early last year.

Was proper pleased with myself for a day :lol:, somebody mentioned "early candidate for post of the year...."

Link me to it and I'll quote it :)

Offline Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 10:52:20 am »
Keefaz's movie ideas tbh.

« Reply #15 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 12:41:56 pm »
MW's turd burger and/or mate falling through the ceiling
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Sifu

• General Member
  • Too many smileys.
« Reply #16 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 02:43:08 pm »
Most of MW's posts are golden tbh.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #17 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 02:48:27 pm »

Aye, not forced either. He's like Karl Pilkington.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 02:51:50 pm »

Aye, not forced either. He's like Karl Pilkington.

3rd group of people I've heard that from :undecided:
AS9

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 03:00:13 pm »
:lol:

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 03:39:41 pm »
:lol: An Idiot Online.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #21 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 03:57:21 pm »

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #22 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 03:58:48 pm »
MW's actually quite bright though, isn't he?  Has a degree in something proper like Maths or something.

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 04:08:30 pm »
MW's actually quite bright though, isn't he?  Has a degree in something proper like Maths or something.

mmyes finance
AS9

Offline oldtype

• Trailer Wanker
  • General Member
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #24 on: Friday 2 March 2012, 04:22:39 pm »

Link me to it and I'll quote it :)

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,68418.msg2742722.html#msg2742722

:)