Author Topic: Members pets- show off your beasts  (Read 86891 times)

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
Re: Members pets- show off your beasts
« Reply #1625 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 11:40:02 PM »
Aye sorry to hear that mate.

Offline ste_ne24

• General Member
« Reply #1626 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 12:16:46 AM »
My beloved 19 year old cat, Jessie, died on Wednesday. She's been ill since June, but it's hit me like a hammer blow.
We'd only been married a couple of years when we got her, it's been her, the wife and me for 19 years, so it feels like I've lost a family member.
I literally can't look anywhere in the flat that doesn't remind of her, or the laughs she gave me.
I hope this feeling doesn't last long, or I'm not gonna be able to function.
sorry for your loss mate. i have 3 elderly cats and i know for a fact i'll be exactly the same

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #1627 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 11:00:33 AM »
Samoyed/husky cross. Amazing temperament as well somehow, despite both those breeds being a bit on the mad side.

He was diagnosed with aggressive mouth cancer and I was in bits. However, as the months went on he seems to not be suffering any ill effects.

This was 8 months ago now. It's probably still there, but I've learned to cherish all the time I get to spend with him as it won't last forever. A part of me still holds out hope they made a mistake.

He's still going! The lump in his mouth grew back but apparently hasn't spread into the jaw. I'm hoping it's just a recurring, localised epulis we just need to treat every year or so.

He's in no pain and in the happiest and best shape of his life :aww: also a great help during lockdown.

I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #1628 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 11:01:11 AM »
My beloved 19 year old cat, Jessie, died on Wednesday. She's been ill since June, but it's hit me like a hammer blow.
We'd only been married a couple of years when we got her, it's been her, the wife and me for 19 years, so it feels like I've lost a family member.
I literally can't look anywhere in the flat that doesn't remind of her, or the laughs she gave me.

Sorry to hear that mate :( must feel terrible, 19 is a hell of an age though and sounds like a good life.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #1629 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 11:08:16 AM »
Samoyed/husky cross. Amazing temperament as well somehow, despite both those breeds being a bit on the mad side.

He was diagnosed with aggressive mouth cancer and I was in bits. However, as the months went on he seems to not be suffering any ill effects.

This was 8 months ago now. It's probably still there, but I've learned to cherish all the time I get to spend with him as it won't last forever. A part of me still holds out hope they made a mistake.

He's still going! The lump in his mouth grew back but apparently hasn't spread into the jaw. I'm hoping it's just a recurring, localised epulis we just need to treat every year or so.

He's in no pain and in the happiest and best shape of his life :aww: also a great help during lockdown.

Really pleased to hear that, mate, seems like a cracking dog.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #1630 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 11:13:01 AM »

Sorry to hear that mate :( must feel terrible, 19 is a hell of an age though and sounds like a good life.

Thanks for all the replies guys.
Yes, still devastated. We didn't realise how much of a hole she would leave in our lives.
She'd did have a great life, but losing her after all that time together has really floored me.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #1631 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 04:06:23 PM »
Finally caved into the pressure from the wife and kids and we've got a Beagle puppy coming in 6 weeks time......here she is at 2.5 weeks.

Online relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #1632 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 07:15:00 PM »
My wife won't let me get a dog.  It's really pissing me off, I'm 38, we have a 5 bedroomed house and a large garden.  She says it'll be too much hard work.

They aren't easy but they enrich your life is my argument but she isn't having any of it.  I might just get one.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #1633 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 07:31:33 PM »
They're canny hard work like, and can be a nightmare in a house when one party doesn't want one. It's harsh on the dog to bring it into a house where not everybody can be bothered with it.

Can you not borrow one for a bit? Always a good start.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1634 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 07:19:34 AM »
My wife didn't want our dog. Absolutely loves him now but since he's massive and can be a bit of a dick at times it's caused some arguments. :lol:

I'd recommend fostering first.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #1635 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 09:27:35 AM »
Finally caved into the pressure from the wife and kids and we've got a Beagle puppy coming in 6 weeks time......here she is at 2.5 weeks.

:aww:

My favourite breed.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #1636 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 06:50:31 PM »

My favourite breed.

Any experience with them?

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #1637 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 06:52:35 PM »

My favourite breed.

Any experience with them?

Nope, but I believe @Shay's Given Tim Flowers has some.

Online Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #1638 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 07:38:28 PM »
I grew up with them and my sister has one now.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #1639 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 07:57:28 PM »
I grew up with them and my sister has one now.

Ah cool.

Always had labradors when I was a kid, but didn't want such a big dog. My grandparents had one when I was little and he was a right character and lovely with us, so thought why not.

Any owner advice would be welcomed.

• General Member
« Reply #1640 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 08:05:50 PM »
Make sure your garden is secure as they love to escape and wander off. If you’re near any sheep this we problematic as we found out to great expense. Not just a bit secure either, at various junctures we had an electric fence, electric shock collars (triggered by going past a certain point) and then plumped for some serious fencing to replace a hedge. They love to escape and explore for themselves. Temperament wise they are really good but will need there place in the pack established. Can be an issue with children as the dog used to p*ss all over my pe kit as he saw himself in competition in the hierarchy with me. Small children they are fine with but if you’ve got kids in their teens it can be an issue.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #1641 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 09:15:06 PM »
Make sure your garden is secure as they love to escape and wander off. If you’re near any sheep this we problematic as we found out to great expense. Not just a bit secure either, at various junctures we had an electric fence, electric shock collars (triggered by going past a certain point) and then plumped for some serious fencing to replace a hedge. They love to escape and explore for themselves. Temperament wise they are really good but will need there place in the pack established. Can be an issue with children as the dog used to p*ss all over my pe kit as he saw himself in competition in the hierarchy with me. Small children they are fine with but if you’ve got kids in their teens it can be an issue.

Cheers fella, we have a six foot wall in the back garden, so hopefully that should stop any escape plans.....also we went for a female, so hopefully not as much as an issue on the other stuff!

• General Member
« Reply #1642 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 09:31:18 PM »
:thup: the bitch we had was much less bother. Seriously though you’ll be amazed at what they can escape from. May not be so much of an issue if you live in a town but wouldn’t bet against it.

• General Member
« Reply #1643 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 09:31:46 PM »
And it really is a fantastic breed. A great family dog.

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #1644 on: Saturday 16 January 2021, 01:41:52 AM »
Pissing on PE kits aside of course. :lol: Bet you took proper libs on the lost property section.

Online astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #1645 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 04:06:02 PM »
Anyone ever had a dog suffering from Patellar Luxation? That what i presume it is after watching a few videos.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #1646 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 04:08:40 PM »
Anyone ever had a dog suffering from Patellar Luxation? That what i presume it is after watching a few videos.

We got our Bichon Frise cheap because a vet had diagnosed it. Supposedly it's relatively common in small dogs, certain breeds anyway. That said, me and the breeder checked the leg when we picked her up and couldn't find a problem - fair play to him, he gave me the cheap price anyway. Haven't seen any obvious issues since (she's nearly two years old now).
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #1647 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 04:12:13 PM »
IIRC there are varying degrees of severity, but often dogs who have it just get used to popping it back into place. I think one thing you're supposed to do is keep an eye on their weight, as if they get too heavy it puts more strain on the joint. Plenty of info online. Just refreshed my memory and it looks like there are different grades - it would be worth getting a vet to check it out.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Online astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #1648 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 04:51:28 PM »
IIRC there are varying degrees of severity, but often dogs who have it just get used to popping it back into place. I think one thing you're supposed to do is keep an eye on their weight, as if they get too heavy it puts more strain on the joint. Plenty of info online. Just refreshed my memory and it looks like there are different grades - it would be worth getting a vet to check it out.
Seems the best option just hope its not surgery with the costs i've seen