Author Topic: Dogawful Premier League/Championship/English Officiating  (Read 162730 times)

Offline thenige

• General Member
Re: Dogawful Premier League/Championship/English Officiating
« Reply #3150 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:28:40 pm »
Was just so bad on so many levels. In fairness Everton should be blowing too as they were screwed by a couple of pretty stonewall decisions.

Two footed tackle from Zouma on Almiron - nothing
Pickford stopping a clear goalscoring opportunity making no attempt to play the ball - Not even a yellow
Head injury during a build up of a goal - play on
Yedlin making full contact late on a player in the box - no penalty
Rondon clearly offside - not given

Really was bloody awful across the board. Evened out his shitness and a trip to the Championship for the ref and assistants beckons surely.

Online Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #3151 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 04:13:57 pm »
Not the first time I've sat watching one of our games wishing death upon Mike Dean. Absolute arsehole.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #3152 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 04:17:20 pm »
Not the first time I've sat watching one of our games wishing death upon Mike Dean. Absolute arsehole.

Agreed.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #3153 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 04:42:41 pm »
f***ing disgrace that Mike Dean is allowed to referee, every fan of every club hates him.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #3154 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 04:52:43 pm »
Abysmal.

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #3155 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 04:57:58 pm »
Appalled at Mike Dean. Aperplectic, in fact. Should have won today, against 10 men, with at least a penalty in our favour. The man is obviously bias as f***.

Offline taxfree

• General Member
« Reply #3156 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:25:36 pm »
You can't give away cheap penalties when you're inconsistent with it. f*** off Dean.

Offline Greg

« Reply #3157 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:44:48 pm »

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #3158 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:49:04 pm »
It’s soft, but also daft from Fernandez. I don’t actually mind if penalties are given for shirt/arm pulling, holding etc.

What I can’t have. Is Dean not returning the favour for one that was as much of a pen on Rondon. Or the most blatant one of the lot, where Yedlin was wiped out. Yedlin got away with a similar one last week on Digne and I feel like if he didn’t spoon his cross. It would have been a more obvious foul.

All that said. It’s not like Dean to make it all about him and try and be controversial.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
« Reply #3159 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:55:43 pm »
Ban/fine for daring to say a referee gave a poor performance. Question the players, the manager, the owners, the fans, even stadium staff, but you can’t question a match official.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #3160 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:56:05 pm »
It’s soft, but also daft from Fernandez. I don’t actually mind if penalties are given for shirt/arm pulling, holding etc.

What I can’t have. Is Dean not returning the favour for one that was as much of a pen on Rondon. Or the most blatant one of the lot, where Yedlin was wiped out. Yedlin got away with a similar one last week on Digne and I feel like if he didn’t spoon his cross. It would have been a more obvious foul.

All that said. It’s not like Dean to make it all about him and try and be controversial.
Tackles like that one on Yedlin are rarely given in the box, actually thought the other player had deflected the ball in real time
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #3161 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:58:00 pm »
Refereeing over the last 5 years seems to have really deteriated. Think top level officiating g these days is at the same standard 2nd tier officiating was 10 years ago

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #3162 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:00:42 pm »
Mike Dean obviously gives that penalty today but doesn't see Ayoze get taken out by Boly vs Wolves at home

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
« Reply #3163 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:06:36 pm »
Refereeing over the last 5 years seems to have really deteriated. Think top level officiating g these days is at the same standard 2nd tier officiating was 10 years ago
The vast majority of them are the same referee’s. They are near or past the age of 40. They have had decades of being told that they are the best, even rules brought in so the media and club officials can’t question them. They have been able to hide behind the fact that the majority of the time MOTD would have not shown the errors they made and no one had the stats on their performances on hand.
Now games are broadcast world Lexie in HD or better. UK viewers can stream those games, watch more than before on love TV, and have access to more highlights and can calculate the stats themselves. Social media has made it so decisions and incidents go viral.
The referee’s have probably got more less physically capable of keeping up with the game and arrogant by being able to hide from it, in general though they are the same level of s***, but we can just see it more.

Unless you were a Man Utd fan then every fan has been saying the same, thing is Man Utd boas turned into top 4 bias then top 6 bias. The rest of have to deal with total incompetence. No one listened to the fans when they said the refereeing in this country was bad, no one is listening now.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #3164 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:11:09 pm »
Apart from pen didn't see much wrong with deans performance tbh.  That wouldn't be overturned btw with VAR.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #3165 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:12:03 pm »
Lerma red card?

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #3166 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:25:56 pm »
Would people who watch other leagues regularly care to weigh in on how the pl compares to continental refs in terms of quality? Feel like I've regularly read things along the lines of "yeah our refs are crap but you should see what they put up with in la liga/serie a/ligue un/etc."

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #3167 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:30:15 pm »
Would people who watch other leagues regularly care to weigh in on how the pl compares to continental refs in terms of quality? Feel like I've regularly read things along the lines of "yeah our refs are crap but you should see what they put up with in la liga/serie a/ligue un/etc."
Serie A and La Liga have VAR now so hard to compare really
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #3168 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:46:40 pm »

PL is easily the best still.  Spanish refereeing is a joke.

Offline Theregulars

• General Member
« Reply #3169 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 07:08:56 pm »
The crew paid off by the Emiratis did great stuff for City today
You're going to pay. In fear dollars.

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #3170 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 08:42:47 pm »
Mike Dean never goes a game without making himself the centre of attention/the source of some controversy. He’s desperate for an invite on I’m a f***ing Celebrity. The sooner he goes there, the better, the f***ing tumour of a referee.

Online Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #3171 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 08:57:32 pm »
He's s*** and a c*** too, couldn't wait to give that pen the smug f***ing prick.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #3172 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 09:01:19 pm »
The pen is technically a foul, but they are never given.  Agree with the Mike Dean being centre of attention stuff though, very dislikeable person.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #3173 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 09:16:21 pm »
The pen is technically a foul, but they are never given.  Agree with the Mike Dean being centre of attention stuff though, very dislikeable person.

If it's a foul then so is the one on Rondon which was even worse, the bloke gives bad decisions just about every game. How he gives that and yet gives nothing for a blatent forearm smash in the face against Wolves. Think the bloke is an absolute joke and should be nowhere near Premier League level.

I disagree with you about the standard of referee in the Premier league, IMHO it's an absolute joke and it was no wonder none were selected for the world cup. The only 2 decents referees there has been the last few year are unfortunately for us Newcastle fans.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #3174 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 12:11:33 am »
Just seen the Yedlin one from the first half, another clear pen not given.

What is there left to say.