Author Topic: Dogawful Premier League/Championship/English Officiating  (Read 166564 times)

Offline Ikon

• General Member
Re: Dogawful Premier League/Championship/English Officiating
« Reply #3350 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 09:11:27 AM »
And then no shoulder Henderson came and talked s***.

Offline taxfree

• General Member
« Reply #3351 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 09:22:30 AM »
Simon Long is the c*nt of an assistant referee who gave that Fabinho free kick. Remember the name, I guess.

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #3352 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 09:36:10 AM »
That f***ing Fabinho free kick man. Utter disgrace

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3353 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 10:39:02 AM »
This seems to be the worst year ever for poor refereeing. And with every bad decision, comes the repeated chorus "can't wait for VAR". I wonder if the two are linked.

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #3354 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 10:41:19 AM »
Imagine if we still had been in a relegation battle and lost the game like we did.. Not that its the first time we've been f***ed over!

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #3355 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 10:43:02 AM »
This seems to be the worst year ever for poor refereeing. And with every bad decision, comes the repeated chorus "can't wait for VAR". I wonder if the two are linked.
Not at all. The referee’s are just useless and corrupt. Hasn’t one former referee already and came out said he was told that you are deciding what’s entertaining, not a sport?
VAR will change nothing. Last nights goal would still have stood as they either wouldn’t go back and review the free kicks itself, or justify giving it because they sensed intent to foul the player.

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #3356 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 11:15:34 AM »
Something needs to be done, it’s the same referee’s game after game, and not just for us either.
Today he went out and made sure Liverpool were getting the points.

It's so transparent, and realising that us being done by referees so consistently is not just some irrational fan bias but is borne out by hard statistics and facts, makes you wonder if one day the real truth will come out and a massive corruption stink will be discovered ?

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #3357 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 11:18:39 AM »
Because we scored immediately after I can sort of understand the Alexander-Arnold thing, but he should've been booked, but wasn't. The Fabinho dive though, f***ing hell, so bad. Could tell from my seat that it was a dive yet the bald nonce of a linesman 5 feet away couldn't see it. Awful. Warnock was right.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #3358 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 12:37:39 PM »
I’m just sick and tired of points lost this season due to referees blatantly missing fouls, yellows, and clear cut reds. It’s insanity. We likely would be 6-8 pts higher by my quick guess.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3359 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 12:55:53 PM »
Not at all. The referee’s are just useless and corrupt. Hasn’t one former referee already and came out said he was told that you are deciding what’s entertaining, not a sport?
VAR will change nothing. Last nights goal would still have stood as they either wouldn’t go back and review the free kicks itself, or justify giving it because they sensed intent to foul the player.

VAR doesn't have to change anything, it just needs to be implemented for the developers to make their money. They are corrupt through choice, and always have been, but it has spiked this season, resulting in a lot of changed opinions in relation to VAR. It will now be introduced to a footballing public with a welcoming sense of hope, rather than suspicion.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #3360 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 03:41:20 PM »
Will VAR mean every decision will be correct? No.

Will it mean more are correct than now? Yes.

Thank f*** for it tbh, imagine going into next season knowing it would be more of the same :anguish:

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #3361 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 04:10:17 PM »

Nailed it :thup:

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #3362 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 04:12:33 PM »
I’m just sick and tired of points lost this season due to referees blatantly missing fouls, yellows, and clear cut reds. It’s insanity. We likely would be 6-8 pts higher by my quick guess.

Yep

Nailed it :thup:

:thup:

Offline ohmelads

• General Member
« Reply #3363 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 06:02:01 PM »

Thank f*** for it tbh, imagine going into next season knowing it would be more of the same :anguish:

I hope you're right but with all the money in the game right now and the well-known corruption of FIFA and UEFA, I do wonder why they were so desperate to bring it in. If the game is indeed dirty (for now I think it's just refs fearing big clubs and media backlash so they default to giving it the way of top sides when in doubt) then it's simply an extra tool to make sure results go the way they want. Would they have even checked the Fabinho dive? In the world cup final, the biggest game of all with all eyes on them, Griezmann dived for a free kick (no contact whatsoever) and France scored directly off the free kick. VAR simply ignored it.

Things are so bad right now I don't think VAR can make it any worse, but I am sceptical about why proven corrupt organisations wanted it in so badly.

PS. Here's the Griezmann world cup final dive that they just ignored:

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #3364 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 06:05:11 PM »
VAR is only used for penalties, red cards and goals

They’d have to check literally everything if they did it for free kicks too
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline ohmelads

• General Member
« Reply #3365 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 06:11:04 PM »
VAR is only used for penalties, red cards and goals

They’d have to check literally everything if they did it for free kicks too

Fair enough but that of course means that diving outside the box won't change at all next season. VAR's been a mixed bag but has been very well used in some games. What's frustrating is that all these replays haven't been used to retrospectively punish divers with bans. The Premier League for example set up a diving panel and have basically done nothing with it despite so many clear cut cases.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #3366 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 06:43:34 PM »
I wonder how many more points we'd have if it was involved this season.

It will at least stop linesmen giving the benefit of the doubt to the 'big' teams in close offsides etc.

Offside is the main reason it needed bringing in, it's a matter of fact not opinion like penalties and reds.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3367 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 08:16:30 PM »
I wonder how many more points we'd have if it was involved this season.

It will at least stop linesmen giving the benefit of the doubt to the 'big' teams in close offsides etc.

Offside is the main reason it needed bringing in, it's a matter of fact not opinion like penalties and reds.

We’d have had an extra 5 from Wolves alone.
?s=21