Author Topic: Dogawful Premier League/Championship/English Officiating  (Read 165481 times)

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
Re: Dogawful Premier League/Championship/English Officiating
« Reply #3200 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:38:13 PM »
Players do and will influence a game, if a ref is 50/50 a mass appeal is bound to help him make his mind up. Unfortunately it is part and parcel of the modern game.
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #3201 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:54:28 PM »
Mike Dean gets off on turning down player appeals anyway.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #3202 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 09:02:34 PM »
Did Bournemouth players appeal much for their pen?

Just had a look there, not a single appeal.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #3203 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 10:13:52 PM »
Apparently Mike Dean has given a combined 18 Red cards+Pens in just 23 Premier League games this season :spit:

Surely when the FA saw him go on his run of 6 Red cards in 6 games this season they must of thought this amount can’t be right?

The man is nearly on his 100th Red card for god sake :lol:

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #3204 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 10:39:54 PM »
I'm celebrating when he retires tbh.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #3205 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 11:32:18 PM »
Changed my mind about dean's performance.  Clear pen on yedlin, I'd say it was an orange card challenge but it's a clear pen.

Same as the one Burnley didn’t get though (Ritchie)

Can't remember which team it was but wasn't one given for the same thing the weekend before the burnley game. The problem with the referees in the premier, is that there is no consistency whatsoever. Mind the likes of Dean and Mason are just incompetent full stop.

Isn't it a bit of coincidence that he was 4th official at the Everton game and was seen getting the wrath or Rafa. I have no doubt he doesn't like our club or Rafa or both  :whistle:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3206 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 11:40:51 PM »
The passback was the worst decision for me.

He prevented a goal as well so it should have been a red. No penalty to argue double jeopardy as the punishment is an indirect free-kick.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3207 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 11:42:37 PM »
Changed my mind about dean's performance.  Clear pen on yedlin, I'd say it was an orange card challenge but it's a clear pen.

Same as the one Burnley didn’t get though (Ritchie)

Can't remember which team it was but wasn't one given for the same thing the weekend before the burnley game. The problem with the referees in the premier, is that there is no consistency whatsoever. Mind the likes of Dean and Mason are just incompetent full stop.

Isn't it a bit of coincidence that he was 4th official at the Everton game and was seen getting the wrath or Rafa. I have no doubt he doesn't like our club or Rafa or both  :whistle:

Inconsistencies between different refs I could almost accept, but this is blatant inconsistencies from the same refs.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #3208 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 12:16:24 AM »
Surely Dean is about finished, he's been around for ages.

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #3209 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 09:23:09 AM »
Surely Dean is about finished, he's been around for ages.

His controversial and bent decisions on Saturday which ultimately led to the scenes at the end will only encourage the horrible little t*** to carry on being the centre of attention. He loves it.

firetotheworks

« Reply #3210 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 10:33:51 AM »
Honestly think most people have based these views of the decisions based on it being Mike Dean making them. He completely f***ed us over against Wolves, but I don't think there was a great deal wrong to complain about on Saturday.

Even the 3 neutrals on Goals on Sunday (one of them Darren Bent) said NUFC were hard done by on Saturday.

Hard done by, probably, but not to the level that people are going on about it on here. Just read some of the posts following yours.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #3211 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 04:48:21 PM »
Honestly think most people have based these views of the decisions based on it being Mike Dean making them. He completely f***ed us over against Wolves, but I don't think there was a great deal wrong to complain about on Saturday.

Even the 3 neutrals on Goals on Sunday (one of them Darren Bent) said NUFC were hard done by on Saturday.

Hard done by, probably, but not to the level that people are going on about it on here. Just read some of the posts following yours.

We were hard done by no doubt about it. The pen that they got you rarely see given this season, by the same token we could have had 2 pens but they would both have been softish as well imo. Also they should have had a player sent off if the referee really wanted to enforce the letter of the law. The blatant back pass was another bad decision. All fairly marginal which can go either way (except the back pass which was obvious) but every single one of them went against us. Anyway it's done now and we ended up coming away with another crucial point.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #3212 on: Sunday 31 March 2019, 04:04:51 PM »
Honestly the state of officiating in this country has gone downhill massively these last few years, seems like every weekend there are several awful decisions in multiple games atm.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #3213 on: Sunday 31 March 2019, 04:05:39 PM »
That was so bad it looked like a fix.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...

Offline Cronky

• General Member
« Reply #3215 on: Monday 1 April 2019, 07:22:25 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47766796

Clearly a wrong decision, but you could see how it happened. In real time, it didn't look offside because the attacker was moving away from the goal at the same time as the defender was moving towards it, and they crossed before he headed the ball. With the linesman unsighted by another player, the problem was compounded.

Yes, it was a decision that VAR could have comfortably reversed, but if Cardiff go down, one thing I won't miss is Neil Warnock and his self-righteous rants.
People generalise too much.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #3216 on: Monday 1 April 2019, 09:34:01 AM »
Nowhere near the worst officials, should see some the decisions in Europe.

Offline 1964

• General Member
  • It's all about the tone
« Reply #3217 on: Monday 1 April 2019, 10:12:35 AM »
I can only come to the conclusion that some of the dreadful decisions this season are deliberate so we all think VAR is a step forward.  Not sure why warnock is calling for it tho, it’s not going to be in the championship

Offline morpeth mag

• General Member
« Reply #3218 on: Monday 1 April 2019, 10:29:00 AM »
But I thought Warnock voted 'Britain is best' Brexit. Surely we have nothing to learn from Jonny Foreigner.

Offline Rebellious

• General Member
« Reply #3219 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 06:23:06 AM »
Mike Dean makes 100 Reds, surprised we are not top of his list.  I never knew this little fact either -18 years after his first Premier League dismissal (Nolberto Solano of Newcastle).

Teams Dean has shown most red cards to
Teams                       Red cards
Chelsea                          9
Manchester City                  9
Newcastle United          7
Arsenal                          6
Stoke City                          5
Tottenham                          5
West Brom                  5
Birmingham                 4
Charlton                         4
Manchester United        4
Sunderland                4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47795794

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #3220 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 07:54:39 AM »
I bet we would be top of that list if we hadnt been relegated twice during his time as a Premier League Ref
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline mickthemagpie

• General Member
« Reply #3221 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 12:50:54 PM »
Wonder how far down Liverpool are.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #3222 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 04:09:01 PM »
Clicked on page 1 of this thread by mistake and it goes back to 2011. Mike Dean getting it right in the neck. 8 years and 100 odd pages later and nothing's changed. Not fit to referee.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #3223 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 04:11:31 PM »
Clicked on page 1 of this thread by mistake and it goes back to 2011. Mike Dean getting it right in the neck. 8 years and 100 odd pages later and nothing's changed. Not fit to referee.

:lol:

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #3224 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 05:04:03 PM »
That first page is so spookily correct  :lol: