Author Topic: Dogawful Premier League/Championship/English Officiating  (Read 166514 times)

Offline henke

• General Member
Re: Dogawful Premier League/Championship/English Officiating
« Reply #3125 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 04:04:05 PM »
He's got it horribly wrong and it's cost us a chance of getting anything. It's shocking how often we say that about referees.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • hog health status: exemplary
« Reply #3126 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 04:04:49 PM »
The more I watch it the madder I get.

:lol: Saw the Rams win a Super Bowl with that move.
:lol: I'm watching this on a dodgy Russian stream and I could easily pick out the thunderous incredulity in a language I don't even understand.

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #3127 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 04:06:44 PM »

:lol: I'm watching this on a dodgy Russian stream and I could easily pick out the thunderous incredulity in a language I don't even understand.
:lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • GET THE F*CK OFF THE STAGE!
« Reply #3128 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 04:15:33 PM »

:lol: :lol:

It's on CNBC, btw.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #3129 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 04:17:04 PM »
Clear fouls on our players not given 😞

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #3130 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 04:30:40 PM »
There’s f*** all accountability for these w*****s. It’s an absolute p*ss take.

Offline midds

• Administrator
  • In omnia Paratus
« Reply #3131 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 04:37:05 PM »
Had that been Dubravka then he would have walked for that. He’d have been off and no one would have batted an eyelid.

f***ing scandalous. Again.
The club comes first.

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #3132 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 05:18:34 PM »
Thanks to the ref, tbf. Pickford is s****, with a different GK there I honestly don't think we would have won

Offline Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #3133 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 10:26:53 PM »
Wasn't the Zouma tackle on Almiron a clear two-footed lunge which should result in a red card too?

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #3134 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 10:30:26 PM »
Wasn't the Zouma tackle on Almiron a clear two-footed lunge which should result in a red card too?

That picture is all I've seen from that tackle, but going from that aye that's a red.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #3135 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 10:50:22 PM »
Not shown on MOTD. Despite losing to an offside goal, and possibly having a penalty, they still got off very lightly.

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #3136 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 11:54:58 PM »
Was nowt in that, he didn't dive in and feet weren't off the ground/studs up. Looks way worse on the pic

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #3137 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:09:49 AM »
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a deliberate handball offence the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

In other words the referee simply did not know the rules. No other way of viewing it.
If it wasnt intentional it was certainly reckless and could have injured the player. Either way completely a red for me. Not sure why there is an argument or more pundits agreeing. Le tissue is the only pundit I have seen that said it could have been red.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #3138 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:13:20 AM »
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a deliberate handball offence the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

In other words the referee simply did not know the rules. No other way of viewing it.
If it wasnt intentional it was certainly reckless and could have injured the player. Either way completely a red for me. Not sure why there is an argument or more pundits agreeing. Le tissue is the only pundit I have seen that said it could have been red.
They said it was a red on MOTD too

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #3139 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:01:52 AM »
Didn't stop the game for a head injury for their 2nd either

Offline TooonDoom

• General Member
« Reply #3140 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:06:40 AM »
Didn't stop the game for a head injury for their 2nd either

Been saying this for games on end.  Refs do not stop the game when we get a head injury. They do when the opposition does. It’s just bizarre.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #3141 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:08:38 AM »
Was nowt in that, he didn't dive in and feet weren't off the ground/studs up. Looks way worse on the pic

Eh, the pic shows its a two footed challange. :lol:

Red.

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #3142 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:46:44 AM »

Maybe so, but there wasn't even a foul given for that 2-footed challenge where Almiron was running at speed where 1 foot would have sufficed given he'd almost over-ran it anyway.

It was dangerous play but not 'uncontrolled' so maybe a red may have been too harsh, but it was without doubt a foul and a yellow at least and you've certainly seen players sent off for that. Maybe I'm only saying that because Almiron got up and played on after a bit of rolling about. If he was indeed injured, it's a simple straight red as you just can't go in 2-footed like that.

The refereeing performance was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #3143 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:51:28 AM »

Red.
The pic is misleading, like I said. You can watch it back uh.. online  :shifty: and see it yourself if you really want

Offline Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #3144 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:56:59 AM »
Still pics are often misleading but I don't know about that on this one. It's illegal to have your body in that position while tackling and it doesn't matter if he gets the ball or not.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #3145 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:00:48 PM »

Red.
The pic is misleading, like I said. You can watch it back uh.. online  :shifty: and see it yourself if you really want
I am in shock :lol:
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #3146 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:04:19 PM »
Still pics are often misleading but I don't know about that on this one. It's illegal to have your body in that position while tackling and it doesn't matter if he gets the ball or not.
Wasnt in that position though for the full tackle, his right leg was planted up until the moment Almiron got there at which point the contact made it come up looking like the pic you posted

Offline Nattfare

• General Member
« Reply #3147 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:08:19 PM »

Online Flip

• General Member
« Reply #3148 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:08:55 PM »
Yet another massive mistake. That's three massive mistakes this weekend already. Two of them which could affect the winner of the PL.
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

Offline matta

• General Member
  • Walk hard
« Reply #3149 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:18:06 PM »
Quite similar to wolves last goal against us when dubravka was blinded+impeded. Shocking refreeing standard.

These happenings are so common we can't call them mistakes anymore. The ref actually think he is correct.