Author Topic: Experiences of depression and anxiety  (Read 135278 times)

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
Re: Experiences of depression and anxiety
« Reply #2325 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 08:12:42 AM »
I've felt absolutely dreadful over the last few weeks.  Anxiety issues etc, I know what it's related to mainly having an identity crisis and loneliness.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #2326 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 10:27:27 AM »
What's your identity crisis Nees, just like what are you doing with your life? I admire the fact you've put yourself out there in Spain, it's obviously gonna be hard and I think sometimes it is luck of the draw when it comes to making mates when you go to a foreign country. Thought about switching jobs to make some new acquaintances?
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #2327 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 10:28:41 AM »
Hit us with it Neesy.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #2328 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 10:52:08 AM »
Yeah, i haven't made many friends out here.  Had hardly any verbal communication with non work people this month, I am looking for a job in a different country now (amsterdam) or I'll just move back.

The other issue is not being able to settle, rent prices out here are ridiculous for the wages so being in shared accommodation is pissing me off now as well.  I'm at the age where I want to buy a place now as well.

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #2329 on: Saturday 1 February 2020, 02:07:32 PM »
Been self-medicating with alcohol a lot lately. Can't shake the feeling that the human race is already past the extinction threshold and all we're doing now is delaying the inevitable. Makes it hard to care about anything. I don't believe in a god or an afterlife, so this is it and it's all crumbling to ruin. It's different than my usual depressive episodes - those are usually focused on my own self-loathing and low self-image. This is mourning an entire planet, and I don't know how to cope with it.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #2330 on: Saturday 1 February 2020, 02:13:18 PM »
Climate anxiety can be really tough. I had to do some reading around it and I still struggle a bit.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #2331 on: Saturday 1 February 2020, 02:36:51 PM »
Enjoying my holiday but hangover anxiety is terrible.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #2332 on: Saturday 1 February 2020, 03:06:25 PM »
Had the best month in probably 2 decades. Nowt much happened, went away with work friends, dads birthday, but really just ordinary stuff but enjoyed it all. Getting up and in to work early, not wishing the hours away, getting on with things which normally p*ss me off. It’s all seems so easy atm, which obviously worries me as to when it’s going to crash  :lol:

Loads more energy as well, I think it’s down to not having to try so hard to be normal, with it happening without trying it’s leaving that additional energy to do other things which in turns keeps me going on that upward spiral.

Therapist meetings are going every other week then looking to let me fly the nest around April ish time. That’s the plan anyway. Been a long journey, but feel a different person than the one in June or the one I had to put up with for 20 years. When I joined the group sessions in august I was 24/27 for depression and 13/21 for anxiety. Yesterday 4 and 2. It all seemed like mumbo jumbo horse s*** as well when I started, thought this isn’t going to make a difference, again though, that’s the depression in you not wanting you to get better, got to shake that off.

Sooooo...it’s either going to continue or at some point or I fall off the happiness wagon. I know I’ll be tested, and have had a few already, but so far so good. Was really hoping for a takeover to cement a new beginning. t***s.  :lol:

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #2333 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 08:13:50 AM »
Is there like a crisis centre in Newcastle? I don’t think I’m going to make it through today
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #2334 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 08:35:08 AM »
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #2335 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 08:50:33 AM »
I feel a bit better after a weekend away, think I know the biggest issue is I don't like living in a large city with the noise, dirt, traffic etc.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #2336 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 09:01:23 AM »
Is there like a crisis centre in Newcastle? I don’t think I’m going to make it through today
What's going on?

Offline gbandit

• General Member
  • Brighton
« Reply #2337 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 09:10:44 AM »
You can go to any A & E, they have a mental health liaison team who can link you in with local mental health services. If you’re feeling suicidal then they should be able to link you in quickly with a team but it depends a bit on where you are. Give me or anyone a shout here if you want to ask anything or just let stuff out

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #2338 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 09:36:50 AM »
:thup: I was sent to A&E when in a bad way once, it's definitely an option to go there.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #2339 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 10:08:38 AM »
Give us an update @ManDoon... hope you're getting help.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #2340 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 11:13:34 AM »
I'm gonna go to a nd e I think, thanks for the answers everyone.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #2341 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 11:16:23 AM »
Take care mate.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #2342 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 12:10:14 PM »
Take care fella, hope you get the help you need.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #2343 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 12:12:15 PM »
Good luck man, thinking of ya.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #2344 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 01:00:56 PM »
I can’t get myself out of the house I think I’m having a breakdown of some sort just say here crying over and over again. Sorry everyone for this

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #2345 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 01:02:10 PM »
Call an ambulance mate, or at least someone in mental health.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #2346 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 01:02:12 PM »
I can’t get myself out of the house I think I’m having a breakdown of some sort just say here crying over and over again. Sorry everyone for this
Phone a friend or loved one and ask them to go with you. Hang in there mate.
Bearings Straight!

Offline gbandit

• General Member
  • Brighton
« Reply #2347 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 01:08:40 PM »
Really good advice there from Si and Ian W. It can be difficult speaking to someone you care about or who cares for you when you’re in a really low place so if it’s easier call 116 123, that’s for Samaritans. Sometimes just speaking out loud even if it’s through tears helps to clear things a little so you can get to a place where you’re better able to access support. 999 is another option if you can’t face getting out of the house. A lot of us have been in really dark places so use this space to write too if that helps you to get closer to making a call

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #2348 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 01:18:53 PM »
:thup: Reach out, whether it's 999 or a friend. Sorry you're going through this mate, been there myself but help is on the way if you get yourself to the professionals. They were very compassionate in my experience and made sure I was alright again before I left.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #2349 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 02:05:57 PM »
You can also ring 111 for advice, my gf's daughter works there (but not for this area) and they are quite used to triaging mental health calls and getting you help asap.