Author Topic: The homeowners' thread  (Read 150917 times)

Online frankpingel

• General Member
Re: The homeowners' thread
« Reply #3150 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 10:07:40 AM »
Never use ours, it was brand new when we moved in. There's only two of us here so rarely takes more than 5 minutes to wash the dishes.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #3151 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 10:08:57 AM »
There's only one of me. The problem is I wait until I've used every dish and pan in the house.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #3152 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 04:12:52 PM »
:lol: They barely take any of the work away anyway. If you don't want it stinking then you have to 'rinse' the plates before putting them in, which in my eyes is 80% of the way to just f***ing doing the dishes anyway. Such pointless shitty machines.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #3153 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 05:22:13 PM »
You'll never experience fully clean dishes without a decent dishwasher. Game changer for families.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #3154 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 06:10:49 PM »
Got my first dishwasher ever here in the States, and I love them. Mind you, having two kids in a year made it so bloody useful. Also my wife is a bit OCD about dishes and cleanliness so it buys peace of mind there too.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #3155 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 08:10:26 PM »
:lol: They barely take any of the work away anyway. If you don't want it stinking then you have to 'rinse' the plates before putting them in, which in my eyes is 80% of the way to just f***ing doing the dishes anyway. Such pointless shitty machines.

Our place had a new one when we moved in 6 years ago. We tried it for a while about a month back.

It's so much extra work, even with the kids creating x10 the amount of dirty cutlery. Weird smell too. No thanks :lol:

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #3156 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 08:15:33 PM »
You'll never experience fully clean dishes without a decent dishwasher. Game changer for families.

:lol: That's just not true. You don't get truly clean dishes unless you clean them yourself, checking each is clean and rinsing with hot water.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #3157 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 08:21:44 PM »

:lol: That's just not true. You don't get truly clean dishes unless you clean them yourself, checking each is clean and rinsing with hot water.

You're wrong Jim. :lol: Sorry. The dishwasher gets them absolutely spotless and sparkling. Likely with hotter water than my wee hands could handle.

They also have a rinse function before doing a proper wash so your previous point in moot as well.

They're unreal.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #3158 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 08:22:18 PM »

Our place had a new one when we moved in 6 years ago. We tried it for a while about a month back.

It's so much extra work, even with the kids creating x10 the amount of dirty cutlery. Weird smell too. No thanks :lol:

You didn't use it for 6 years and you're wondering what the smell was? :lol:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #3159 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 08:45:10 PM »
Don't really understand how anyone can argue it to be more work, unless they're only using 2 plates, or have a f***ing woeful dishwasher. I basically splash the plates with water and shove em in there willy nilly. We make enough dishes that I have to run it every day anyway.

I can get behind someone doing some form of cost-benefit analysis, and saying that it's not *quite* worth it to them. But to the lazier folk among us who know it's either dishwasher or leave-to-rot-in-the-sink-for-a-week, it's a no brainer.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #3160 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 08:50:15 PM »
Blokes talking about dishwashers...  :jesuswept:
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #3161 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 09:04:17 PM »

You're wrong Jim. :lol: Sorry. The dishwasher gets them absolutely spotless and sparkling. Likely with hotter water than my wee hands could handle.

They also have a rinse function before doing a proper wash so your previous point in moot as well.

They're unreal.

I'll concede because I've not had one in about 10 year so I'm assuming the technology has come along, but I used to f***ing hate ours at home. It would just boil food onto the plates that you had to pick off with your fingernails :lol:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #3162 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 09:32:04 PM »
I've been torn but lockdown, working from home and every single meal eaten at home - that's convinced me I need a dishwasher. If only so there's not pots CONSTANTLY on the side, which I hate.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #3163 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 09:32:50 PM »
Blokes talking about dishwashers...  :jesuswept:

It’s 2020 m8.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #3164 on: Tuesday 19 May 2020, 09:45:23 PM »

They're unreal.

I'll concede because I've not had one in about 10 year so I'm assuming the technology has come along, but I used to f***ing hate ours at home. It would just boil food onto the plates that you had to pick off with your fingernails :lol:

If there's s**** on the plates or tough stains you just turn on the intensive wash feature. Eco mode won't get the stubborn stains. Our one had the rinse feature too for clearing s*** off the plates before the proper wash.

But aye. Fill it up. Turn it on. Go back later that evening and everything is clean, dry and sparkling.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #3165 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 06:37:28 AM »
It's partly psychological for me as I consider washing up to be part of the cooking and eating process so I can't sit down and enjoy the rest of the day until I know it's done, and I don't like the thought of having to go back later and empty it.

Online frankpingel

• General Member
« Reply #3166 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 09:53:27 AM »
It's partly psychological for me as I consider washing up to be part of the cooking and eating process so I can't sit down and enjoy the rest of the day until I know it's done, and I don't like the thought of having to go back later and empty it.
Exactly, me too.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #3167 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 07:09:34 PM »

You didn't use it for 6 years and you're wondering what the smell was? :lol:

Nah man we washed the machine thoroughly before we used it. It's pish. Nearly every cycle setting was crazily long too. Glad I tried it for that week or two, but won't bother again.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #3168 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 07:55:57 PM »
I can confirm for you that a weird smell is not normal and there was definitely a problem with your dishwasher. :lol:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #3169 on: Wednesday 20 May 2020, 09:13:54 PM »
Every cycle setting was “long”? It’s not a tv mate. Go do something else. That’s the whole point of the machine.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #3170 on: Tuesday 26 May 2020, 02:40:37 PM »
Done more yard work/gardening in the last fortnight than in the entirety of my life up to that point. Alternating as the worst thing ever and incredibly satisfying. I get the attraction now, although only if you have literally no other obligations in your life (work, kids, puppies, eating, sleeping, Minecraft). Really stressful and annoying if you’re time-constrained, but relaxing and satisfying if you’re not.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #3171 on: Tuesday 26 May 2020, 02:42:25 PM »
Done more yard work/gardening in the last fortnight than in the entirety of my life up to that point. Alternating as the worst thing ever and incredibly satisfying. I get the attraction now, although only if you have literally no other obligations in your life (work, kids, puppies, eating, sleeping, Minecraft). Really stressful and annoying if you’re time-constrained, but relaxing and satisfying if you’re not.

This is why it's best for OAPs.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #3172 on: Tuesday 26 May 2020, 04:44:12 PM »

How the f*** anyone does any gardening south of the Mason-Dixon line I do not know. I'm completely f***ed, going to take a break until this evening now, and it's May in Ohio. There must be a 3 hour window between 4am and 7am when you get everything done.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #3173 on: Tuesday 26 May 2020, 04:48:44 PM »

How the f*** anyone does any gardening south of the Mason-Dixon line I do not know. I'm completely f***ed, going to take a break until this evening now, and it's May in Ohio. There must be a 3 hour window between 4am and 7am when you get everything done.

So do you have mega cold winters then mega hot summers and nothing in between ?
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #3174 on: Tuesday 26 May 2020, 04:57:50 PM »

So do you have mega cold winters then mega hot summers and nothing in between ?

Not usually, it's felt like that this year though. One nice thing about Ohio is that you tend to get all four seasons, and properly too. There's some truth in the saying that Spring in Ohio is like Winter days interspersed with Summer days: you just get fewer and fewer winter days as you go along. Winter is a bit rougher in my part of Ohio because we get lake effect snow off Lake Erie.

It's going to be 90 here in a couple of hours. It was snowing a couple of weeks back.