Author Topic: IFA Cup 2011/12 - Round 1 Draw: Ayr (h) Sat 3rd Dec - PLEASE READ RULES IN OP  (Read 25337 times)

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
IFA Cup 2011/12 - Round 1 Draw: Ayr (h) Sat 3rd Dec - PLEASE READ RULES IN OP
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday 6 December 2011, 06:11:42 pm »
As Venkman says, the mistakes or poor play up front aren't as noteworthy as they usually don't lead to goals - we weren't very good all over the park in the first half, but the goals were something else...it seemed as though the full backs were turning around expecting the ball to sail up the pitch and instead, Nick was picking the ball out of his net! :lol: I was gash in the first half - just not as noticeable.

Thought you had a much better second half Colin, some solid keeping and not a lot you could have done for the goal once one of our own players headed it out of your hands..! My fault for coming off the post, although it was the third or fourth phase of play O0

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
IFA Cup 2011/12 - Round 1 Draw: Ayr (h) Sat 3rd Dec - PLEASE READ RULES IN OP
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday 6 December 2011, 06:15:47 pm »
Apologies, but I didn't edit this so there are a few typos/poor phrasing.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
Re: IFA Cup 2011/12 - Round 1 Draw: Ayr (h) Sat 3rd Dec - PLEASE READ RULES IN OP
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday 6 December 2011, 06:31:39 pm »
that back pass certainly wasnt intentional, i was gonna take another touch and simpson it up the pitch and he picked it up off my toes  :D

Colin's got a point, you lot weren't doing us any favours but then again we didn't cover ourselves in glory. Mistakes were made all over the pitch but only the defensive ones were highlighted, that's football for you though.

That's a good write up though Stu, i do wonder how you manage to remember so much from every game.

Yeah, I'm not saying we were any good like. I can put blame on myself for three of their goals. The first one I probably should have tried to clear with my head rather than swing a leg at it on the line, my back header was too soft - although Nick said after the game he thought he should have got to it, and the one where I lost the ball in the left back position was just ridiculous. I took way too much time on the ball and should have just got rid, although in mitigation after I played the ball back to Nick there was no way I wanted it back and when I did get it I had a load of statues in front of me all being marked which didn't help. I guess that is 10% Nick's fault, 10% the rest of the outfield and 80% me.

One thing that really narks me though, is the attitude that just because somebody played a 50 yard ball to feet absolves them of responsibility from any f*** up. Hollywood passes are fine but if you know the fella you are giving it in to can't make it stick then find another option. Equally hammering one in to the channel for Nixon or big Nick is never going to work is it. And unless people learn to take constructive criticism we are never going to improve.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
Re: IFA Cup 2011/12 - Round 1 Draw: Ayr (h) Sat 3rd Dec - PLEASE READ RULES IN OP
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday 6 December 2011, 06:57:48 pm »
One thing that really narks me though, is the attitude that just because somebody played a 50 yard ball to feet absolves them of responsibility from any f*** up. Hollywood passes are fine but if you know the fella you are giving it in to can't make it stick then find another option. Equally hammering one in to the channel for Nixon or big Nick is never going to work is it. And unless people learn to take constructive criticism we are never going to improve.

:thup: I thought the attitude and effort of the team improved as the match went on, much better than the attitude against Bury (despite the reverse scorelines!). I don't want to lose but it's a lot easier to take when you feel as though people are actually trying alongside you instead of going through the motions.

I gave you jip for being out of shape Colin, but my fitness was well below standard...back to pounding the streets before our next game :)

Heneage

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday 6 December 2011, 07:42:40 pm »
Any idea when the next game is likely to be? Maybe a pre-christmas Red v Blue might be nice.

Online Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday 6 December 2011, 11:17:09 pm »
Nice report Stu, cracked me up :D

Thought we didn't have much of a shape after they scored their first goal, i came on and touched the ball 4 times in 9 minutes at it was all the the kick-off after they've scored! think it was a mixture of lack of match fitness and the fact that a lot of us never played with each other, not to mention the horrible wind and sun in the first half that resulted in them taking full advantage and scoring 5, in the 2nd half we got a bit of a shape and played much better, scored a couple and could've had more but we weren't lucky, have to admit i was far from my best and thought i had a  bad game by my standards,hopefully next time you'll see much more from me.

Offline Ocho

• General Member
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday 7 December 2011, 10:08:32 am »
Good report Stu.

Looking forward to the next away fixture, so I can get a game.

Seems we're going through a drought after being spoilt with away ties against Tranmere, Bury, WBA, Motherwell before/around the new year last year.

GallowgateKev

« Reply #182 on: Sunday 11 December 2011, 11:10:33 am »
All I've got to say is we won the second half. Cut out the first half mistakes which helped! I'm taking no credit for me going back into midfield though... Not even going to mention it, oooooops!

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #183 on: Sunday 11 December 2011, 01:11:08 pm »
Aye, it's not as though you were supposed to be playing in midfield in the first half :lol:

GallowgateKev

« Reply #184 on: Sunday 11 December 2011, 11:53:41 pm »
No I wasnt!