Author Topic: NOFC vs Forever Bury A/B - Saturday 17th September [before Villa(a)]  (Read 14311 times)

Offline QBG

• General Member
Re: NOFC vs Forever Bury A/B - Saturday 17th September [before Villa(a)]
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 12:57:36 PM »
Well done lads :thup: Don't give them that as a friendly. If you are properly prepared you bring both boots and trainers.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
NOFC vs Forever Bury A/B - Saturday 17th September [before Villa(a)]
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
as far as I'm concerned, it's 3G which is a whole different ball game to AstroTurf - they were even the ones to say at the start that they'd prefer to play on it as they "play a lot better on that kind of surface" - I didn't hear any of their lads complain about footwear before the match or even during it. Didn't see anyone falling over because of the surface.

The issues about the ref, which in fairness they haven't complained about his decisions (post match), I wasn't aware of - someone said he played 40each way but if the second half was shorter, he was only being kind to them.

Haven't replied yet, if only because Bury have been a good set of lads in our previous games and I imagine they must have had a pretty s*** day to travel all that way, get thumped and then see a non-performance by their senior team at Hartlepool. Will speak to him after the weekend and sort it out.

Kev, I need the full names of the lads who played so I can submit the match report.

Nut, what's Danny's last name? He was class - good find :)

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #52 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 09:35:42 PM »
Wasn't there, so perhaps I shouldn't comment, but that seems pretty poor. They played without complaint up here on a frozen pitch, I'd hate to think they're poor losers.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Monday 19 September 2011, 12:04:59 AM »
Robinson.
?s=21

Offline bowlingcrofty

• General Member
  • "Croft - steaming in once more"
« Reply #54 on: Monday 19 September 2011, 07:12:23 PM »
I'm sure Bury A were the team before who threatened to "Do the achilles" of Nixons younger brother during the game. It was the one where they beat us 2-1 in the last minute on the frozen pitch.

The lads who spanked us 7-1 at their place (Bury B I believe) were much better lads. Although, I suppose it's easier for them to be nice to people when they're winning.
The View from the ShiteSeats: http://www.shiteseats.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/shiteseats
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shiteseats

It's where we were when we were s***...

Offline Dr Venkman

• General Member
  • Alreet pet?
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 06:05:17 PM »
well done lads