Author Topic: Disaster and massacre in Norway  (Read 27191 times)

Offline wacko

• Ledge!
  • General Member
  • More poubelle
Re: Disaster and massacre in Norway
« Reply #750 on: Wednesday 25 July 2012, 01:31:22 AM »
I've never really understood the concept of a memorial concert.

Are the bereaved supposed to come to the concert and say, "yeah, that concert was totally worth losing my mum for"?
Just realized you aren't Dave, dick. Now I gotta actually do s***.

Offline Fenham Mag

• General Member
« Reply #751 on: Wednesday 25 July 2012, 01:35:23 AM »
eh?

It's just a nice way to say they are remembered.
I really like Fenham Mag. Great guy and a very good poster.

Offline wacko

• Ledge!
  • General Member
  • More poubelle
« Reply #752 on: Wednesday 25 July 2012, 02:09:24 AM »
In that case, they should build statues.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #753 on: Wednesday 25 July 2012, 02:17:28 AM »
In that case, they should build statues.

Naaah, it's about the shared experience, and coming together as a group/community.

Music can be an intensely emotional thing. On a small level, I know my Dad would rather we all got p*ssed and listened to Dylan when he died, rather than build a little model of him to stand in the garden :lol:
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline High Five o/

• Toon_Norway
  • General Member
  • MultiTalentEntertainer.
« Reply #754 on: Wednesday 25 July 2012, 07:47:48 AM »
I've never really understood the concept of a memorial concert.

Are the bereaved supposed to come to the concert and say, "yeah, that concert was totally worth losing my mum for"?

:facepalm:

Isn't you a Liverpool fan, this should be your domain.

Anyway, you are missing the point really, its not about the concert, or who plays at it.

This was a very special day for the people affected, and the country as a whole. Its natural that you think about this tragic event that took 77 people away, and injured hundreds for life exactly 1 year ago. Then i can be very comforting, and nice to have a gathering, where people can meet, talk & sheer some grief. Music is a powerful tool, comforting, and give meaning at the same time. They say when your happy you enjoy the music, when your sad you understand the lyrics, and i think its true in many ways.
You are always haunted by the idea that you are wasting you life.
Frame it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/highfive83/

Offline wacko

• Ledge!
  • General Member
  • More poubelle
« Reply #755 on: Wednesday 25 July 2012, 06:32:48 PM »
I'm a Liverpool fan, but I'm not a Scouser. Very important difference when it comes to what you're talking about …

Anyway, it was a (stupid) joke. I understand why they held a concert. Hopefully they raised some money, too. They can build a statue with it.

Offline High Five o/

• Toon_Norway
  • General Member
« Reply #756 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 09:14:29 AM »
Today he received his sentence. They are doing the judgment now.

He have been deemed not insane, and will face regular prison.
Sentenced to 21 years, +10 year "forvaring"
So after 21 years, he will get 10 more.
Then after the 10, he will be evaluated.
If they want to keep him, they can for 10 new years.
Then a new evaluation, 10 new years etc.

He will be in prison for life basically.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #757 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 09:16:05 AM »
He should be kept alive for as long as possible in prison.

Offline Lenny

• General Member
« Reply #758 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 09:26:51 AM »
I misread initially, thought it said he would get 21 years, serving a minimum of 10 years :lol:

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • Want a hug?
« Reply #759 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 09:21:36 PM »
A buttload people crying foul in FB and other media places about this guy getting released after only 21 years :facepalm:
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #760 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 09:42:41 PM »
A buttload people crying foul in FB and other media places about this guy getting released after only 21 years :facepalm:

Tbf the only thing I have seen on this today is a report of him getting a maximum of 21 years.

palnese

« Reply #761 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 10:09:33 PM »
Foreign papers in not having a clue about the Norwegian law shocker.
We knew from Day 1 that this man would never be a free man ever again.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #762 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 10:16:21 PM »

Totally stupid and ridiculously obvious question but I'm still curious enough to ask (so no offence intended): What's the general mood amongst your friends and family today about all this? Justice served as far as Norway concerned?
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline DeNiroMole

• General Member
« Reply #763 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 10:18:00 PM »

Tbf the only thing I have seen on this today is a report of him getting a maximum of 21 years.

I'm pretty sure they can hold him indefinitely if they deem him a threat to society. 

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #764 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 10:21:55 PM »

I'm pretty sure they can hold him indefinitely if they deem him a threat to society. 

Not disputing that at all, was just saying the only report I have seen today made out that it was a maximum of 21 years which is what I believed he had got until I read this thread.

Offline worthy

• General Member
  • f*** off fat b******.
« Reply #765 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 10:25:13 PM »
I don't really feel like justice is served. Lots of tax money went in to this, and very little to the victims and the family's of those who did not survive. I would rather have given him a hole to live in for the rest of his life with just bars on top. He deserves to have it awful for the rest of his existence.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #766 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 10:29:12 PM »
That's really interesting to hear you say that. I get the impression from my mother-in-law (who is Norwegian) that you guys are all proud of being quite liberal and tolerant and not overly vengeful in administering justice. But as far as I'm concerned I'd have that vile c*** tortured daily until he was 86.
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #767 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 10:36:22 PM »
Mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik has apologised to "militant nationalists" for not killing more people during a shooting spree and bomb attack in Norway.

He was speaking after a five-judge panel in Oslo ruled he was sane as he killed 77 people last year and sentenced him to 21 years in jail.

Breivik - who claimed the killings were necessary to stop the "Islamisation" of the country - also said he did not accept the "illegitimate" judgement, but would not appeal the verdict.

"I wish to apologise to all militant nationalists that I wasn't able to execute more," he said before his remarks were cut off by the presiding judge.

Bonkers that they're given a platform like that. What a c***.

Offline worthy

• General Member
  • f*** off fat b******.
« Reply #768 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 10:41:42 PM »
Well, I am proud of that as well, but giving him the opportunity to taunt the victims and mourning with his salutes and what not was awful to watch. My biggest issue is really how he serves, he shouldn't be allowed contact with anyone. As of now he will have it rather decent compared to what he has done. And of course all the money going towards the trial compared to the victims. I do think that everyone deserves a fair trial, but how he will be spending the rest of his life does not compare to the crime.

Offline DeNiroMole

• General Member
« Reply #769 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 10:56:55 PM »

Not disputing that at all, was just saying the only report I have seen today made out that it was a maximum of 21 years which is what I believed he had got until I read this thread.

Gotcha  O0

Offline High Five o/

• Toon_Norway
  • General Member
« Reply #770 on: Friday 24 August 2012, 11:04:39 PM »
That's really interesting to hear you say that. I get the impression from my mother-in-law (who is Norwegian) that you guys are all proud of being quite liberal and tolerant and not overly vengeful in administering justice. But as far as I'm concerned I'd have that vile c*** tortured daily until he was 86.

It safe to say this has been quite a test for the common man in the street in therms of the tolerant/liberal part.
I have wished for his death many times.

But i feel it have been handled well.
The trial have been long, lots of details have been exposed, and he have had the chance to speak his mind.
And i am glad he did, as he have managed to portrait himself as a even bigger loser than expected.
He have gone from a ice cold killing machine, trained for a greater purpose as described in his manifest, to a nothing.
By letting him speak, and humanize him, let everyone see what a weak, pathetic, sick person he is, he have been demystified.
That in contrary to his manifest, and his "grand" view of himself, he is just a boy, who lived with his mother, playing computer, making up relations that no evidence what so ever have confirmed.

If we had silenced him, and put him straight away, there would be so many question left, who was this man? what did he think? How "strong" is he really.
It had been easier for him to be some sort of "cult" hero among the far far right wing people. Now that mystique is gone.

I think we successfully have killed his character, exposed him for what he is. and i think that is victory enough for most of us.

palnese

« Reply #771 on: Saturday 25 August 2012, 12:00:32 AM »

Totally stupid and ridiculously obvious question but I'm still curious enough to ask (so no offence intended): What's the general mood amongst your friends and family today about all this? Justice served as far as Norway concerned?

Nah, it's a good question. I think this sentence is the best for the nation. He's declared sane, meaning there most likely won't be an appeal and another round of media circus. People just want to get on with their lives. The victims will, of course, always be remembered, but every day we see the man in all the papers and on the telly brings back the horrible memories.

I just hope that the media will tone down the coverage now, and let the man serve his sentence and never to be heard from again.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #772 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 01:14:39 PM »
On Saturday some 21 year old guy killed his adopted 17 year old step sister, and then went to a mosque close to his home with two weapons and started shooting. Luckily he didn't manage to kill anyone at the mosque. Got overpowered by two people and contained until police arrived. According to himself he was inspired and instructed by the New Zealand shooter.

First day in court today he agreed to getting his picture taken:

Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #773 on: Monday 12 August 2019, 04:47:14 PM »
I know Norwegian prisons are lenient, but I can't believe they let him out to manage Manchester United yesterday.