Author Topic: The Great Outdoors  (Read 123115 times)

Offline Varadi

• General Member
Re: The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1775 on: Saturday 14 March 2020, 03:24:58 PM »
Also just noticed Open C isn’t with us anymore :(

He's on Instagram if you miss his pics

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
  • Kent
« Reply #1776 on: Saturday 14 March 2020, 05:15:40 PM »
Definitely worth a follow. Some incredible shots.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #1777 on: Sunday 26 April 2020, 02:23:03 PM »
Just got back from a walk I've planned for about a decade and which there has never been a better time to do: Simonside and back from my front door. I don't live in Rothbury so it turned what is a trivial dog walk of a hill into a bit of an expedition; came in at around 15 or 16 miles in the end, and took about six hours. Really enjoyed it.. a lot of it is on roads which are fairly quiet at the best of times but pretty much dead now, which helped to keep the pace up and the walking easy.

It's not quite in the spirit of staying home and saving lives but I only saw two or three other folk the whole way and when I came to any gates or stiles I used a glove so I couldn't really have been more responsible.

Some landowners are getting f***ing ridiculous though; had a farmer this morning who was just about to let her cows into another field change her mind and drive them straight at me instead, thinking I'd be scared of them (I'm not) then coming over to berate me for interrupting her while she was moving cattle. I saw her deliberately turn them around and drive them at me, and I told her so, and reminded her that I was on a public footpath, and she f***ed off shouting and waving her pitiful farmer fists. When I got back to the field five hours later, quelle surprise they were in the field she was originally putting them in before her weird little flex. It's pathetic and it does my f***ing head in, the get orf my laaaand thing still going on in this day and age.
« Last Edit: Sunday 26 April 2020, 03:37:50 PM by OpenC »

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #1778 on: Sunday 26 April 2020, 03:33:36 PM »
Pictures from the day, featuring Simonside getting marginally closer as the series progresses :lol:  95% just stuff I noticed during the walk in and out, really, rather than the hill itself which I've climbed a million times and looks the same as it ever did.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #1779 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 10:35:34 PM »

Awesome hike yesterday.

Pikes Peak (14,116ft / 4302m) the snow capped one on the left in the distance.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Amartya Sen, motherfucker
« Reply #1780 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 01:47:04 AM »

Awesome hike yesterday.

Pikes Peak (14,116ft / 4302m) the snow capped one on the left in the distance.

:thup:

Even though the four years I spent in Colorado Springs were bad ones, I could never complain about walking out the door and seeing Pikes Peak every day.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #1781 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 05:20:38 AM »
Nice :thup: is it a huge and remote day out or can you get close by car? And did you take any pictures??

It looks a bit like Scotland, which is the finest compliment I can pay it :)
« Last Edit: Monday 25 May 2020, 05:51:14 AM by OpenC »

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #1782 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 06:09:12 AM »
Pikes is really accessible for sure. You can drive to the top. There’s only one peak in America that is taller that you can drive to and that is Mt. Evans - highest paved road in America.

In the Springs though, Pikes just towers over the city. It’s absolutely beautiful down there.

That hike I took is about 20-25 minutes from Denver which feels like a world away.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒