Author Topic: Yohan Cabaye retires  (Read 1269884 times)

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
Re: Yohan Cabaye retires
« Reply #20725 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 07:58:50 PM »
Definitely our best midfielder of the ashley era. The midfield of Cabaye and Tiote was an unbelievable combination in hindsight, could have really been something special. Seemed to have lost something from PSG though, never looked anywhere near his best for Palace.
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #20726 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 07:59:42 PM »
Hendrick and Shelvey is more proper, steel.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #20727 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 08:04:15 PM »
Never been replaced. Quality player, but was a bit of a shithouse too, which was nice.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #20728 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 08:04:28 PM »
If we’d had Enrique 12 months later & Debuchy 12 months earlier we’d have finished 3rd in 11/12.
?s=21

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #20729 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 08:05:37 PM »
He was a touch of class, like. Lovely footballer. Deserved better than us. Made a mistake going to PSG but what was he going to do.

Him, Ba, Cisse and HBA, man. Pardew's a c***. :lol:
Prime Colo, Prime Krul, and Tiote being a beast, the fact we never pushed on is criminal, that team was another CB, RB and Winger away from being class.

Debuchy was quality

Offline Lenny

• General Member
« Reply #20730 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 08:07:00 PM »
He was a touch of class, like. Lovely footballer. Deserved better than us. Made a mistake going to PSG but what was he going to do.

Prime Colo, Prime Krul, and Tiote being a beast, the fact we never pushed on is criminal, that team was another CB, RB and Winger away from being class.

Debuchy was quality

Pretty sure he was referring to prior to his signing.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #20731 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 08:07:15 PM »

Debuchy was quality
Yeah he was class, I may have my timings wrong, but we got him a year after the 5th season didnt we? After the Europa campaign and we finished 16th?

Offline astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #20732 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 08:20:46 PM »
Could of chose a better goal to fit the tweet-Villa Stoke Everton Liverpool Man u all better

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #20733 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 08:22:35 PM »
Don't think I'll ever forget that game against Reading where Pards took him off and we lost :lol:
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #20734 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 08:24:54 PM »

Farewell sweet prince
Jesus the players on that team.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #20735 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 08:25:39 PM »
Just watched his goal compilation for us on Twitter. Bar a penalty, a deflection and a header right on the line. They’re basically all gorgeous finishes or top corner.

WHAT. A. PLAYER.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #20736 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 08:28:06 PM »
Could of chose a better goal to fit the tweet-Villa Stoke Everton Liverpool Man u all better
Probably just because of the timing and who we play on Sunday.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don't. "
sackpardew.com

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #20737 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 10:09:46 PM »
Don't think I'll ever forget that game against Reading where Pards took him off and we lost :lol:

Remember it well. It was my 35th Birthday and the day before my son was born.  We were winning 1-0 (Cabaye) and then Reading equalised with about 20 mins left. Pardews response was to take Cabaye off and replace him with Bigirimana. Reading went and scored again almost immediately after the substitution and we lost 2-1. Don't think I've ever been so annoyed at the match. Had a fight with the bloke in front of me cos he was defending Pardew and I ended up getting kicked out by the stewards and had my season ticket confiscated.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #20738 on: Saturday 20 February 2021, 12:49:54 AM »
One of the most intelligent 65min player’s to play for us. Stamina was always his weak link followed by lack of pace.

Offline Amir_9

• General Member
« Reply #20739 on: Saturday 20 February 2021, 01:06:45 AM »
4.7m, what a steal. One of my favourite players, he was in red hot form when he left us for PSG

Really should have never left, form and career went down the pan afterwards.

Offline BlackandWhite

• General Member
« Reply #20740 on: Saturday 20 February 2021, 01:19:55 AM »
Ah yes. The dreamboat. Fond memories of him playing for us. Don’t blame him for leaving a Pardew team. It was too late for his sake, though, as he’d already been Pardewed like Cisse, Santon, and a few others as it turned out. He was never as good again.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #20741 on: Saturday 20 February 2021, 02:18:02 AM »
Ah yes. The dreamboat. Fond memories of him playing for us. Don’t blame him for leaving a Pardew team. It was too late for his sake, though, as he’d already been Pardewed like Cisse, Santon, and a few others as it turned out. He was never as good again.

Santon went on to play for Inter and is now playing for Roma, don't really feel his career got Pardewed.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #20742 on: Saturday 20 February 2021, 04:57:29 AM »
Just seeing some of those highlights. Like it happened at a different club.

Sad he has called it a day. What a player. Definitely starts in the team of the past decade or so.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #20743 on: Saturday 20 February 2021, 06:15:07 AM »
Probably just because of the timing and who we play on Sunday.

Only winning goal we’ve had away to Man Utd since 1972 as well.
?s=21

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #20744 on: Saturday 20 February 2021, 12:34:02 PM »
its where we are as a club under ashley. pardew asked him to sign for us on the promise he could use it as a stepping stone to a bigger club.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #20745 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 02:15:46 PM »

Really nice comments from Palace fans on this video.

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
« Reply #20746 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 03:49:40 PM »
he could probably walk right into our midfield today

Offline OoOGazOoO

• General Member
« Reply #20747 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 07:09:29 PM »
What a player, so, so classy! Will always remember that free kick against Man Utd that he scored!