Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Series Discussion  (Read 428826 times)

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
Re: Game of Thrones - Series Discussion
« Reply #12600 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 10:06:55 PM »
I assumed it was 'a' prequel not 'the'  prequel.
Bearings Straight!

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Here's that Portuguese wizard battle you ordered.
« Reply #12601 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 10:15:01 PM »
easter egg: bran in the background having a cheeky timewank during nudie scenes

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #12602 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 10:34:47 PM »
Prequel pulled by HBO  :sad:

They should take whatever coin they had set aside for that nonsense and give us an entirely new 8th season instead.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #12603 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 10:35:08 PM »

Didn't say either just prequel, sounds reading between the lines the pilot was terrible and a feel of Downtown Abbey set in the middle ages. Got a feeling HBO want Martin involved after season 8 fiasco and maybe moving on to the Targaryen version with Martin at the helm. Hasn't helped that DB&DW admitted yesterday that they had lost the plot and didn't know what was happening.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #12604 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 10:37:18 PM »
Prequel pulled by HBO  :sad:

They should take whatever coin they had set aside for that nonsense and give us an entirely new 8th season instead.

Maybe an idea, I personally thought season 8 was ok but certainly rushed. Think unless Martin is at the helm from start to finish they may actually pull the plug full stop as HBO are certainly running scared after the criticism from season 8.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #12605 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 10:38:34 PM »

Didn't say either just prequel, sounds reading between the lines the pilot was terrible and a feel of Downtown Abbey set in the middle ages. Got a feeling HBO want Martin involved after season 8 fiasco and maybe moving on to the Targaryen version with Martin at the helm. Hasn't helped that DB&DW admitted yesterday that they had lost the plot and didn't know what was happening.
I meant you're right, I just saw the headline. I know at one point they had multiple options but reading the story it's the main one that got approved.
Bearings Straight!

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #12606 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 10:39:17 PM »

I meant you're right, I just saw the headline. I know at one point they had multiple options but reading the story it's the main one that got approved.

O0

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #12607 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 10:59:27 PM »
Fire and Blood is perfect for a tv adaptation.  It's written like a history, so all the main plot points are there already, all they need to do is fill out the character development, etc.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #12608 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 11:08:27 PM »
Fire and Blood is perfect for a tv adaptation.  It's written like a history, so all the main plot points are there already, all they need to do is fill out the character development, etc.

Agree or (which they won't as be hard to fit in younger versions of characters) the Mad King/Robert Baratheon Rebellion (War of the Usurper)

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #12609 on: Wednesday 30 October 2019, 12:59:23 AM »
This is why the other thing got cancelled:

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #12610 on: Wednesday 30 October 2019, 10:34:07 AM »
Sapochnik :sweetjesus:

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #12611 on: Wednesday 30 October 2019, 02:35:28 PM »

:lol:  Can't believe they announced it literally an hour after I made this post.  If you're listening HBO, another season of Deadwood would be great.

D&D fired from Star Wars and GRRM-led spinoff announced on the same day.  :sweetjesus:

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #12612 on: Wednesday 30 October 2019, 03:37:12 PM »
ooh eventual dance of the dragons