Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Series Discussion  (Read 417632 times)

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
Re: Game of Thrones - Series Discussion
« Reply #12475 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 02:54:43 pm »
It's not breathing fire there... It's just having a look about, which is exactly what I said...

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #12476 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 02:58:06 pm »

3:18 son. And when he's breathing fire properly, nothing is coming out the sides. Game over. Good day sir.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #12477 on: Saturday 1 June 2019, 12:59:59 am »
Finished.  Worst part of the entire series is Pod's s***-eating grin when it's revealed he's in the Kingsguard.  That Small Council scene is awful, just putting together the surviving characters for the hell of it.  Sam is grand maester, despite being an oathbreaker and having no maester training.  Bronn is possibly the worst choice for master of coin out of any of the characters in the entire series.  Brienne should be in Winterfell, not King's Landing.  Bran shouldn't be king.  Davos and Tyrion are the only people there who are actually qualified.  :lol:  I'm surprised they didn't give Varys's job to f***ing Tormund or something.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #12478 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 01:34:01 pm »
Watched the finale again and, even after a few weeks, my whole sense is "That's how they chose to end it?" Can't shake the feeling of being conned.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #12479 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 01:43:34 pm »
I had that thought this morning (without having watched it). Still rankles slightly :lol:

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #12480 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 01:57:47 pm »
Stick 'em with the disappointy end.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #12481 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 02:01:01 pm »
 :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #12482 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 02:38:42 pm »
That's great. :lol:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #12483 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 02:40:33 pm »

:lol: :lol:

It is s**** though, like they came up with a basic plot outline then went f*** it that'll do.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Double first choice
« Reply #12484 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 03:40:35 pm »

:lol: Take a bow.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #12485 on: Friday 7 June 2019, 05:51:34 pm »

Bravo.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #12486 on: Sunday 9 June 2019, 01:37:25 pm »
Nice 👍
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline tmonkey

• General Member
« Reply #12487 on: Sunday 9 June 2019, 01:55:22 pm »

Good summary at the end.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #12488 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:46:17 pm »
Pretty cheesy, but also vaguely neat.

Scott Ian's smile when Morello starts soloing. :lol:

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #12489 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 02:06:47 pm »
Enjoyed that :thup:

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #12490 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 02:59:40 pm »
Finished.  Worst part of the entire series is Pod's s***-eating grin when it's revealed he's in the Kingsguard.  That Small Council scene is awful, just putting together the surviving characters for the hell of it.  Sam is grand maester, despite being an oathbreaker and having no maester training.  Bronn is possibly the worst choice for master of coin out of any of the characters in the entire series.  Brienne should be in Winterfell, not King's Landing.  Bran shouldn't be king.  Davos and Tyrion are the only people there who are actually qualified.  :lol:  I'm surprised they didn't give Varys's job to f***ing Tormund or something.

Making Bronn master of coin ffs. :lol:

But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline tmonkey

• General Member
« Reply #12491 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 08:42:28 pm »

Offline tmonkey

• General Member
« Reply #12492 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 09:12:14 pm »

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #12493 on: Saturday 15 June 2019, 12:56:46 pm »
I think it’s time to move on now, it was a great show that lowered itself to being OK. Forgettabbboutit.

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #12494 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 10:27:30 am »
I think it’s time to move on now, it was a great show that lowered itself to being OK. Forgettabbboutit.

I’m struggling to be honest.  I gave them a chance to redeem themselves right up until the last episode but it was such a dumb and s*** ending i don’t think i’ll ever watch the final season again, certainly not the final episode.  It was so bad it almost felt like sabotage.  :rant:
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #12495 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 10:37:52 am »
‘I’m struggling’ ffs  :lol:
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #12496 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 10:41:57 am »
‘I’m struggling’ ffs  :lol:
p*ssed me right off mate  :lol:
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #12497 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 10:51:05 am »
I see HBO nominated the finale for the Emmy’s - fan response has not been supportive of the choice.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #12498 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 01:36:15 pm »

I’m struggling to be honest.  I gave them a chance to redeem themselves right up until the last episode but it was such a dumb and s*** ending i don’t think i’ll ever watch the final season again, certainly not the final episode.  It was so bad it almost felt like sabotage.  :rant:

Oh, I’ll never watch it again, no reason to. It was enjoyable for most of the time though, just failed to become a great show.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #12499 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 01:44:26 pm »
Aye, goes down with Oz for me, in that it's never worth the full rewatch treatment.  The failure at ending ruined both.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.