Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Series Discussion  (Read 398930 times)

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Game of Thrones - S8E5 - F*ck off Kaizero
« Reply #11800 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 05:55:13 pm »
I didn’t get why Jon was gutted he couldn’t go with Tormund, his life was miserable up there. But I agree that he will go back there after dealing with Dany. Sansa will be Queen of the North or whatever. That leaves Gendry to be King with the onion as his hand.
why would any of the lords (major or lesser ones which there are a lot of) accept some random b****** as king? They'd accept Dany much like they accepted Aegon ie they have no choice she's clearly the strongest but Gendry? He has no troops and his entire legitimacy depends on Dany's reign as queen being legal otherwise her legitimizing him has no legal basis. Also the lords are a bunch of snobby assholes

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #11801 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 05:56:42 pm »
Not sure Gendry’s claim is that strong - can you be legitimised by an illegitimate queen?

If the lords of Westeros don’t accept Dany then Tyrion as Cersei’s brother is next in line.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #11802 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 05:58:00 pm »
Not sure Gendry’s claim is that strong - can you be legitimised by an illegitimate queen?

If the lords of Westeros don’t accept Dany then Tyrion as Cersei’s brother is next in line.

Gendry is the son of the former king. Canny legitimate, like.

Not that it matters in a world where everyone kills each other with Dragons and s***.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #11803 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 06:03:30 pm »
Lords of Westeros are pretty thin to be honest.

Right now the Reach, Dorne, Riverlands, Storms End, Casterly Rock, Dragonstone, Iron Islands and even to an extent the North have all had fundamental changes to the line of succession which would all be fairly insecure in reality. The lesser lords aren’t doing much better either.

Online Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #11804 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 06:03:56 pm »
I don’t disagree with any of that, but I suppose the other option is everyone going their own way. I think Tyrion is a dead man.

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #11805 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 06:04:16 pm »

Gendry is the son of the former king. Canny legitimate, like.

Not that it matters in a world where everyone kills each other with Dragons and s***.

He is a b****** he isn’t legitimate

Online godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #11806 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 06:46:30 pm »
I don’t disagree with any of that, but I suppose the other option is everyone going their own way. I think Tyrion is a dead man.

Only thing that may save him (and it's unlikely) is if Jon boy kills her before she does. He does like Tyrion, and his look of disgust at what she was doing during the battle could be telling.

Online godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #11807 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 06:58:11 pm »

Only thing that may save him (and it's unlikely) is if Jon boy kills her before she does. He does like Tyrion, and his look of disgust at what she was doing during the battle could be telling.

Just thinking will Davos not be getting executed also, as wasn't he the one who took him to King's Landing. If that's the case could well see Jon boy killing her.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #11808 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 07:04:53 pm »
Didn't realize the last two seasons have been shortened just due to the two show runners and that HBO, GRRM and everyone else involved wanted it to be extended, and the only reason it's at its current rate is because the the two guys whated to move on, but didn't want to hand over the reigns. But cuntish.

Online godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #11809 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 07:19:37 pm »
Didn't realize the last two seasons have been shortened just due to the two show runners and that HBO, GRRM and everyone else involved wanted it to be extended, and the only reason it's at its current rate is because the the two guys whated to move on, but didn't want to hand over the reigns. But cuntish.

Doing a future Star Wars fim, but I agree they come across as arrogant tossers and HBO should have replaced them to either give full 10 episode seasons for the last two, or even to extend it beyond.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Nobody bothers me, either!
« Reply #11810 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 07:24:54 pm »
Somehow David Benioff got Amanda Peet to marry him, which makes his face just that much more punchable.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #11811 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 08:37:17 pm »

Ah man.  Thought it was more of a collective thing than that.

Offline tmonkey

• General Member
« Reply #11812 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 08:59:57 pm »
Rumours are that D & D are going to be paid $50m+ by Disney for the 3 Star Wars movies, not sure if that's true, but wouldn't be unreasonable.

Wonder if the strong feminist undertones to the last few seasons was effectively them auditioning for the Star Wars trilogy, which is very blatantly feminist these days. /Incel

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #11813 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 09:22:48 pm »
Shame. the new Star Wars films are s****

SS2 Paul Dummett - power level - over 9000

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #11814 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 01:23:35 pm »
Watching some scenes from previous season and still mad about how they decided to quickly and stupidly end the Night King's story :lol:

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #11815 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 01:47:42 pm »
Watching some scenes from previous season and still mad about how they decided to quickly and stupidly end the Night King's story :lol:

That’s a bigger outrage than Dany flicking the switch, for mine.
Looking after Charles Freck's artifacts

Online Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #11816 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:01:39 pm »
I love how there was years of speculation about who the Night King was, because there had to be something more to him than just a thing that wants everyone dead. He wasn't even difficult to kill, one little dagger in his belly. Compare that to Jorah and Jaime.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #11817 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:04:23 pm »
Oh yeah, definitely the worst error so far.

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
« Reply #11818 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:17:26 pm »
I'm not hater of this season but it is just falling flat to me, the Night King story after such a long build up comes to an abrupt end with no real explanation. All that build up of hate for Cersei and she goes out like that.

Last episode in my mind after Tyrion "convinces" Dany stop once the bells ring she nods to Grey Worm, in my head that was her way of saying you know the "real plan right" and Grey Worm acknowledging that they are going to f*** s*** up, however, apparently the show runners have suggested only at the stage when the bells ring does Dany decide to destroy everything? I could buy her being so f***ed off with things that her and Grey Worm hatch a plan to smash everything up regardless, however, I don't buy her snapping at that moment. So many better ways to make her snap. Even keeping Rhaegal alive until last weeks episode and just as the Lannisters are surrendering they kill him, I could buy that as a reason for her to go 'mad'.

I can't see a ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, like a few have said, I can see rulers of particular regions, Jon to go beyond the wall with Tormund and Ghost and just before a fade to black some glowing blue eyes! Nothing amazing about the prediction and nothing new to what people have already said. Can't see that many more major deaths other than Dany and Grey Worm.

"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Offline Jackie Broon

• General Member
« Reply #11819 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:24:01 pm »

Just thinking will Davos not be getting executed also, as wasn't he the one who took him to King's Landing. If that's the case could well see Jon boy killing her.

Half of E5 was dedicated to ramming home the message that Daenerys is now on Arya's list. She'll most probably be the one to do her.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #11820 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:24:34 pm »
Annoyingly I think they were deliberately vague with the Night King story because of the prequel that's coming.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #11821 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:29:53 pm »

Half of E5 was dedicated to ramming home the message that Daenerys is now on Arya's list. She'll most probably be the one to do her.

It'll be Jon.  He's done literally nothing else this season.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
Re: Game of Thrones - Final Episode
« Reply #11822 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:53:31 pm »
GOT Fans < Rick & Morty Fans

changemymind

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #11823 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:59:51 pm »
I always take a title change to mean people have already seen it.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #11824 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 03:02:42 pm »
I always take a title change to mean people have already seen it.

:lol: I mean, we're closer to the next one than the previous. This has been an eight year match thread, in a way.