Author Topic: Your Football  (Read 38322 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
Re: Your Football
« Reply #775 on: Wednesday 6 March 2019, 10:17:03 am »
Need to be a team player mate, it’s not all about the goal record ;)

Offline Belfast Boy

• General Member
« Reply #776 on: Saturday 23 March 2019, 01:56:31 pm »
https://www.uefa.com/womensunder17/season=2019/matches/round=2000936/match=2025759/index.html?iv=true

First time I have seen her name on an official uefa line up. France are going to muller them, probably for the best that shes only the sub keeper!

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #777 on: Thursday 5 September 2019, 11:40:26 pm »
I got a very deliberate and highly disproportionate elbow to the head at 5-a-side this evening, followed by a "fuckin prick" and a "f*** off" when challenged by a teammate. No apology from the player, including at the end of the game, and no comment from the ref. I was niggling at him a bit, like, but it was literally just a couple of nudges to try and unbalance him when he was shielding the ball. Genuinely nowt in it. This bloke is 6'4 and circa 20 stone, I'm lucky to not need stitches cos I play in my specs (Edgar Davids style) and they smashed against my eye socket. The whole thing is very casual; lads pay ~£40 a month to have a competitive kickabout.

Just wondering how much of a wetty I would be to pursue some action about this one way or another? If he apologised, I'd have let it go, regardless of the fact it was deliberate - but I got absolutely nowt and, in my current state, with a headache, a cut eyelid and a fair amount of swelling - I'm pretty keen to see the f***er made an example of. f***ing psychopath.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #778 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 12:32:21 am »
That's mental mate, hope you're OK. Some people take amateur football way too seriously.

I'd say take whatever action you want, guy is obviously in need of a visit from the police.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #779 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 12:57:15 am »
We all know the type,  desperate to throw their weight around and can't stand being challenged. Have a word with the organiser? Or key his car.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #780 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 09:03:35 am »
Yeah he's exactly that. No skill, just mass and toe punts. Which is absolutely fine when you're not getting totally radged and swinging your two stone elbow at people's heads with full force. I'm alright, like, couple of cuts and easily the best shiner I've ever had.

In supposed to be going on tele today though. :lol: I mean, come on.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #781 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 09:21:46 am »
Just run it off you wimp
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #782 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 10:11:26 am »
:lol: I played on, like.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #783 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 10:27:19 am »
Yorkie Butcher.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #784 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 10:29:46 am »
That’s why I don’t play leagues, too many players out to just smash someone and I’m the type who will end up chinning someone or more likely get myself chinned :lol: I can be rough, but not intentionally or with malice, just a desire to get the ball and compete. Just take it on the chin Yorkie I guess.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had