Author Topic: Your Football  (Read 38288 times)

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
Re: Your Football
« Reply #50 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 01:40:49 pm »
Aye that's another thing. I essentially don't have a left foot.

Fitness is abysmal too, since I started playing 7-a-side a couple of months ago I was stunned at how quickly I was gasping for breath.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #51 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 02:07:06 pm »
So many people never use their left foot. At the age of about 12 I realized that it'd be advantageous not to have to lug around a piece of dead weight on the end of my left leg, so I actually started practicing with my left foot as often as I could. I don't really understand why everyone was so accepting that their left foot would just be this useless limb that should never be used.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 02:07:52 pm »
So many people never use their left foot. At the age of about 12 I realized that it'd be advantageous not to have to lug around a piece of dead weight on the end of my left leg, so I actually started practicing with my left foot as often as I could. I don't really understand why everyone was so accepting that their left foot would just be this useless limb that should never be used.

Shame you've got two left feet.

:razz:

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 02:11:46 pm »

It's taking years just to become acceptable with my right, man.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #54 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 03:28:19 pm »
I didn't realise how to play football at all until I was at least 18, before that I was beyond awful. I was a late developer physically as well.

You're right about the left foot though, I've never had any actual football coaching but I like to think if I did they would have taught me to use the other foot.

The ability to go both ways and pass off both feet makes you a far, far better player.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #55 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 03:35:23 pm »

... given my post was about how awesome my left foot is, you've just said both my feet are awesome.

Thank you.

And to conclude this post, do you remember that top-corner screamer that I banged past you from 40 yards? :fwap:

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 03:36:36 pm »

... given my post was about how awesome my left foot is, you've just said both my feet are awesome.

Thank you.

And to conclude this post, do you remember that top-corner screamer that I banged past you from 40 yards? :fwap:

I remember your miss from 3 yards when it was easier to score.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #57 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 03:40:37 pm »
haha, untrue was it easier to score, it was awkward.

Anyway, I think my 55 yarder was more memorable tbh.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 03:46:01 pm »
It was a total fluke, you miss-hit it and it went flying into the top corner.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #59 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 03:47:32 pm »
haha sure it was ping pong, sure it was

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 03:51:19 pm »
haha sure it was ping pong, sure it was

You admitted it was a fluke after the game.
 ;D

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #61 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 03:54:00 pm »
I do not recall that.

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
  • Dope fresh outta Africa that never been stepped on
« Reply #62 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:24:31 pm »
Quote from: SEMTEX link=topic=74601.msg2813395#msg2813395 date=12
My feet stick outwards at a very odd angle, so the ball always has a ridiculous amount of spin and curve when I hit it with my left. Occasionally this is useful, but generally it leads to great confusion. Can smack the hell out of it with the right though.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:25:43 pm »
I'm absolutely gash at football. Played for Wideopen for about 3 seasons, we got relegated from the top division to the bottom in straight seasons. I joined basically after all the good players left. Was decent craic like, but we'd get trounced every single week.

I played RB and RM for the most part. Our team was tiny so they tried to turn me into a CB but I'm shocking at heading and jumping for the ball so I was dire there too. RB was probably my best position as I could do the least damage there.

Also used to play 5-a-side at Benwell. That was nawty as f***. Ended up in goal most weeks, liability as usual.

Now I'm playing 7-a-side in Prudhoe, which is decent. I'm still s****.

Your the same as as me aren't you? when were you born, the chances are i might have played against you.

Only asking like cos I remember getting sent off against Wideopen once for blatantly kicking someone in the face like. :lol:

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:35:15 pm »
I'm absolutely gash at football. Played for Wideopen for about 3 seasons, we got relegated from the top division to the bottom in straight seasons. I joined basically after all the good players left. Was decent craic like, but we'd get trounced every single week.

I played RB and RM for the most part. Our team was tiny so they tried to turn me into a CB but I'm shocking at heading and jumping for the ball so I was dire there too. RB was probably my best position as I could do the least damage there.

Also used to play 5-a-side at Benwell. That was nawty as f***. Ended up in goal most weeks, liability as usual.

Your the same as as me aren't you? when were you born, the chances are i might have played against you.

Only asking like cos I remember getting sent off against Wideopen once for blatantly kicking someone in the face like. :lol:

You're 19 in August aye? Think that means you're the year above.

Anyway, nah I don't remember that. You would have played them in Division 1

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:36:19 pm »

You're 19 in August aye? Think that means you're the year above.

Anyway, nah I don't remember that. You would have played them in Division 1

Aye I am. Probably best you dont tbf, not one of my finer moments.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:36:43 pm »
I do not recall that.

You are in denial.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:38:45 pm »
Must have been nasty, getting sent off in youth football is next to impossible from what I can remember, sure the refs didn't even carry cards most of the time. Most I ever got was a yellow for a blatant stamp.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:46:13 pm »
Must have been nasty, getting sent off in youth football is next to impossible from what I can remember, sure the refs didn't even carry cards most of the time. Most I ever got was a yellow for a blatant stamp.

Aye, it was about under 16's like. Wasnt that bad tbf, Think the only time refs carried cards was when it was a proper ref and not just the manager and normally they were power mad cocks. Sent two of our players off I remember like, the other for a handball on the line where most of the time in junior football the ref wouldnt bother.

Cant remeber if I got a fine though. Seen a few players get sent off before, one lad who played for us was sent off and banned for 6 months or something for spitting at someone.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #69 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:46:17 pm »
I scored a left-footed goal at 6's the other week and it was my first one ever, I think. It was a little Viduka-ey laces shot from about 8 yards.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #70 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:49:38 pm »

I got a yellow for kicking the ball away when I was about 16. Got 3 players sent off by winding them up and making them lash out in the same season as well. I was a bit of a prick really.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #71 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:49:56 pm »
Low level refs will consider a yellow if you basically assault someone on the pitch. If you call the ref a c*** however, it's a red card and a hundred quid fine. Stupid c***.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:50:48 pm »

Aye, it was about under 16's like. Wasnt that bad tbf, Think the only time refs carried cards was when it was a proper ref and not just the manager and normally they were power mad cocks. Sent two of our players off I remember like, the other for a handball on the line where most of the time in junior football the ref wouldnt bother.

Ah, I packed it in around U14/15s. Half way through the season, just couldn't be arsed anymore. There were a few lads on the team I just never got along with.

Edit: Aye, U14s, just looked at some presentation night photos and I'm not there :lol:

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #73 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:55:36 pm »
At our 6's they try so hard not to book or send off. A guy firstly hacked down our lad as he was one-on-one and was 'warned' :lol: and then was sin-binned for three minutes for launching into the back of another player (its astroturf and slides aren't allowed). I reckon you'd have to commit murder to get a booking.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #74 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 04:59:52 pm »
Don't see why kids should get away with violent behaviour. Surely they should be treated just as harshly so they'll learn not to do it?