Author Topic: Your Football  (Read 38323 times)

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
Your Football
« on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 03:55:43 pm »
Obviously all football fans, but how many of us used to/still play football? What positions do you all play? If you used to play but have stopped now, what were your reasons for stopping?

I joined my first team when I was 8, only had 1 year out since then and now (I'm 22 now), which was during my first year of uni. Used to play left wing, but I've moved into centre mid this season with my new team. Currently 2nd in our league and still in 2 out of 3 cups so our season's going pretty well this year.

How's everyone else doing/done in the past?

Online Greg

• General Member
Re: Your Football
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 03:56:30 pm »
Get yourself over to http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/board,68.0.html or www.nofc.org.uk

If you ever don't have a game on the day of one of ours get involved.  :thup:

Offline Mag in Aberdeen

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 04:38:05 pm »
Play for Banchory u17s in the Aberdeenshire and district league, currently last in the league and out of all the cups. Not a disaster though, we're in the A league and playing against the best teams in NE Scotland.
As we have no left footers I play at left back as a right footer, which is good because I can try to play like José Enrique   :smitten:  which has worked as I was POTS last year.   :snod:

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 04:48:15 pm »
Play for Banchory u17s in the Aberdeenshire and district league, currently last in the league and out of all the cups. Not a disaster though, we're in the A league and playing against the best teams in NE Scotland.
As we have no left footers I play at left back as a right footer, which is good because I can try to play like José Enrique   :smitten:  which has worked as I was POTS last year.   :snod:

Played for the same team at u8s level :lol: (several years ago..!)

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 06:13:12 pm »
I stopped playing competitively at about 16 due to horrid coaching sapping any enjoyment out of the game. Started to play with NOFC, but really feel it.

Offline ZeRoE

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 06:35:56 pm »
I stopped playing competitively at about 16 due to horrid coaching sapping any enjoyment out of the game. Started to play with NOFC, but really feel it.

Where did they touch you?

If you could show us on here
:lol:

Offline Mag in Aberdeen

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 06:36:35 pm »
Played for the same team at u8s level :lol: (several years ago..!)

:lol:  sweet

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 06:44:49 pm »
Used to play up until I was 18.
I was s****, but fought hard, played CM. Basically Alan Smith.

Sam

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 07:24:33 pm »
 I'm f***ing terrible at football, always wished I would be better, even so I could I could play Sunday league or 5 a side in work competitions. Unfortunately, I am f***ing dire.

Fifa though..... :pow:

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 07:35:27 pm »
Used to play, gave up when I was about 14 as we had a t*** of a coach who thought no lass should want to play football unless they wanted to play professionally. I regret spitting my dummy over it and quitting the team but he was a total cock and took all the fun out of it.

Offline Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 07:39:17 pm »
Always played 5s/6s since I was about 14, had a brief foray into 11 a side when I was about 13 but hated it, so just moved to small sided games.

These days I have chronic ankle trouble so I can barely get through a game without being in pain, pretty depressing considering I'm 22.

Offline Bowie

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 09:58:02 pm »
I stopped playing competitively at about 16 due to horrid coaching sapping any enjoyment out of the game.

This. Played for Walker Central from the age of about 7 until I was 16, rarely enjoyed playing for them due to them just being complete dicks. Was the captain of my school team, played for the county and a few teams at Wallsend Boysa throughout this time as well though which I really enjoyed.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 10:00:12 pm »
Play 6's every week now, really enjoying it.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 10:04:51 pm »
played for the middle school (3 years), didn't even try for the high school (hated going there when i had to let alone on my days off), 2 years kickabouts with the lads and helping out in youth leagues etc. then a little while for the magpie but got sick of the kickings (talent to get past anyone but not enough pace to keep away) then eldon square 5-a-side leagues till i was 30 put paid by torn ankle ligaments.

had a trial for the city boys when 12 but it coincided with a toon home game so i never went. i knew the kid who was the city left back and knew i'd never get in. wasn't confident enough at that age. i was taking the p*ss out of him when helping out in end of season games when i was 17.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Online Greg

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 10:06:32 pm »
played for the middle school (3 years), didn't even try for the high school (hated going there when i had to let alone on my days off), 2 years kickabouts with the lads and helping out in youth leagues etc. then a little while for the magpie but got sick of the kickings (talent to get past anyone but not enough pace to keep away) then eldon square 5-a-side leagues till i was 30 put paid by torn ankle ligaments.

had a trial for the city boys when 12 but it coincided with a toon home game so i never went. i knew the kid who was the city left back and knew i'd never get in. wasn't confident enough at that age. i was taking the p*ss out of him when helping out in end of season games when i was 17.

We are still waiting for you to make your NOFC debut following your performance in the Reds v Blues game.

Offline Foluwashola

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 10:06:50 pm »
I stopped playing competitively at about 16 due to horrid coaching sapping any enjoyment out of the game.

This. Played for Walker Central from the age of about 7 until I was 16, rarely enjoyed playing for them due to them just being complete dicks. Was the captain of my school team, played for the county and a few teams at Wallsend Boysa throughout this time as well though which I really enjoyed.

Arr man, Walker Central were a proper dirty bunch of c***s  :angry:

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 10:08:41 pm »
Played all the time up until under 18s for my local team in the Western Isles league in Scotland. Was under 14s player of the year. Starting smoking dope and drinking around the age of 15 and joined a band and didn't have time for it after that really as I preferred those past times. Occasionally play 5 asides indoors these days, really enjoy it when I do. Tried a less serious 11s league where I live but it was completely s**** playing with s*** players who don't know how to play 11s properly so gave it up.

Offline Bowie

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 10:09:31 pm »

:lol: Aye. Who you play for?

Offline Foluwashola

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 10:10:21 pm »

:lol: Aye. Who you play for?

Crammy Cobras. We played the Barcelona way.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 11:18:45 pm »
Started playing 11-a-side when I was 6. Played consistently until I was 28 when I knocked it on the head due to other commitments.

Spent most of my time playing at Centre Back and have played for Reserve Teams at Ryman League level and first teams in Combined Counties and Hellenic League. I did occasionally get paid a few quid for playing which was nice. Played in goal for Middlesex County FA Rep teams from the age of 10 to 15. Played top level local Sunday league as well winning plenty of cups, and banged in a few goals playing up front at a lower level.

Nowadays I only turn out for NOFC when I can make the games, and the odd kickabout at Goals.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 11:24:00 pm »
I am appalling, was rarely ever good but these days I'm shocking. Can occaisionally mask it in 5/7 a-side as I have a footballing brain and a semblance of a first touch occasionally but this is massively exposed at 11 a-side due to my chronic lack of fitness.

Offline midds

• Administrator
  • In omnia Paratus
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 11:24:48 pm »
I'm absolutely f***ing s*** at football. Got no skill, pace or technique whatsoever. I basically run about a bit, make a few tackles and get rid of the ball as soon as it comes near me.
The club comes first.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 11:26:34 pm »
I'm absolutely f***ing s*** at football. Got no skill, pace or technique whatsoever. I basically run about a bit, make a few tackles and get rid of the ball as soon as it comes near me.
Hmmmmm, let me think. you are alan smith ?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline midds

• Administrator
  • In omnia Paratus
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 11:29:17 pm »
Hmmmmm, let me think. you are alan smith ?

Nah, I'm better than that c***.
The club comes first.

Offline John P

• General Member
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 9 February 2011, 11:49:55 pm »
Played up until the age of 18, then went to uni and got through the first trial for the uni team, but couldn't be arsed to go to the second trial. Just played a bit of 5 a side since then but want to get back into playing 11 a side if I can. Played for the Leicestershire county schools side for a few years between the ages of 14 and 16. If anyone needs a full back (left or right, naturally right footed but pretty decent with my left too) or a ball playing central midfielder give me a shout!