Author Topic: The Metro - Upgrades, issues, hundreds of billions  (Read 64883 times)

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
Re: The Metro - Upgrades, issues, hundreds of billions
« Reply #1225 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 12:34:05 PM »
Howay, Stifler's not said a lot wrong here.  He's being told one thing in his training and the Metro drivers are seemingly being told another, how's pointing that out arrogant?
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1226 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 12:40:49 PM »
Howay, Stifler's not said a lot wrong here.  He's being told one thing in his training and the Metro drivers are seemingly being told another, how's pointing that out arrogant?

There not being told though, they can by law and by the working directive be allowed to work 12 days in a row. It's got f*** all to do with training, that's the legal acceptance on the hours they can work.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #1227 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 12:43:22 PM »

There not being told though, they can by law and by the working directive be allowed to work 12 days in a row. It's got f*** all to do with training, that's the legal acceptance on the hours they can work.
They have been told differently to what I have been told in training, training where it is compiled by government agencies.

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #1228 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 12:43:29 PM »

Aye, Stiffy covered that in his post:

Either way, one lot of workers are being deceived.

If I know the Stifmeister he'll probably go back and bring this up with the folks doing his training and get to the bottom of it.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1229 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 12:46:47 PM »

They have been told differently to what I have been told in training, training where it is compiled by government agencies.

There not being told man it's a legal agreement when they sign their contracts that they can work 12 days. Nexus is a public company operated within government legislation and audited by government officials. Get your facts right.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1230 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 12:49:46 PM »

If I know the Stifmeister he'll probably go back and bring this up with the folks doing his training and get to the bottom of it.

Let him do that and again it's f*** all to do with how they are trained. He's been totally wrong on everything he has stated about Nexus and the operation of the Metro, as Madras stated he shouldn't be forming opinions unless he has the full facts at hand.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
« Reply #1231 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 12:57:21 PM »

There not being told man it's a legal agreement when they sign their contracts that they can work 12 days. Nexus is a public company operated within government legislation and audited by government officials. Get your facts right.
Are you not reading what I have said?
I have said in my training and many others involved with HGV’s and busses, they are getting told differently. All I have said is that theirs being two different messages put to two different sets of workers by the same people.

Online loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #1232 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 12:59:21 PM »
Quick internet search turned this up:

The WTD makes provision for various rest periods and breaks for workers, including the entitlement to a period of 24 hours uninterrupted rest within a seven day reference period.

In the recent case of Maio Marques da Rosa v Varzim Sol the ECJ considered whether the WTD allows for the 24 hour weekly rest period to be given on any day in the seven day reference period or whether it requires the rest period to be granted on the seventh day following six consecutive working days.

The interpretation is important as, if it is the former, a worker could technically be required to work for 12 consecutive days, subject to the employer complying with the other requirements of the WTD.

Stifler, maybe it's different for your industry as they're working longer hours or something?

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
« Reply #1233 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 01:00:38 PM »

Let him do that and again it's f*** all to do with how they are trained. He's been totally wrong on everything he has stated about Nexus and the operation of the Metro, as Madras stated he shouldn't be forming opinions unless he has the full facts at hand.
Aye mate. I was totally f***ing wrong when a family member of mine who works at Wabtec said that Nexus wee focussing in materials aspects of the Metro train refurbishment programme over mechanical aspects and that would lead to not all trains being refurbished.
Word spread, Nexus had to come out and sent it. What happened? They ran out of funding and not all Metro units could be refurbished.

TOTALLY f***ing WRONG THERE!

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
« Reply #1234 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 01:02:04 PM »
Quick internet search turned this up:

The WTD makes provision for various rest periods and breaks for workers, including the entitlement to a period of 24 hours uninterrupted rest within a seven day reference period.

In the recent case of Maio Marques da Rosa v Varzim Sol the ECJ considered whether the WTD allows for the 24 hour weekly rest period to be given on any day in the seven day reference period or whether it requires the rest period to be granted on the seventh day following six consecutive working days.

The interpretation is important as, if it is the former, a worker could technically be required to work for 12 consecutive days, subject to the employer complying with the other requirements of the WTD.

Stifler, maybe it's different for your industry as they're working longer hours or something?
👍🏻
Though that omits what other requirements those who don’t apply WTD are required to take in.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1235 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 01:03:05 PM »

Are you not reading what I have said?
I have said in my training and many others involved with HGV’s and busses, they are getting told differently. All I have said is that theirs being two different messages put to two different sets of workers by the same people.

It's not messages man it's LAW that they can, you said Nexus were breaking the law and you were told by me and other they are not. HGV's and buses are not rail as you have been told countless times.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1236 on: Tuesday 24 December 2019, 01:05:34 PM »

Aye mate. I was totally f***ing wrong when a family member of mine who works at Wabtec said that Nexus wee focussing in materials aspects of the Metro train refurbishment programme over mechanical aspects and that would lead to not all trains being refurbished.
Word spread, Nexus had to come out and sent it. What happened? They ran out of funding and not all Metro units could be refurbished.

TOTALLY f***ing WRONG THERE!

Who even mentioned that  :crazy2: Pity then you didn't know a single thing about the operation of the Metro trains and the duties of a driver. YOU WERE WRONG IN EVERY ASPECT THERE  ;D ;D

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #1237 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 10:28:22 PM »
?s=20

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, EU
« Reply #1238 on: Saturday 11 January 2020, 12:13:01 AM »
:lol: Like regular commuters need to see how brilliant the system is. Got forced off at SGOS tonight cos the train was suddenly told to go to REGC instead of the coast and to use buses from there. f*** that, got on the next train, it went to the coast no problem. I know they do their best, but they shouldn't give out wrong information, just say "wait" rather than use buses instead.

Meh, first world problems innit.
:) As you were.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1239 on: Tuesday 14 January 2020, 07:35:18 PM »
Doc on ITV starting now.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
« Reply #1240 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 09:42:39 AM »
Stadler have won the contract to build the new trains.
I think they have also recently won the Mersey rail contract.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #1241 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 11:14:03 AM »
Pics of new train design

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #1242 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 12:07:01 PM »
I wish they would run longer trains. Some platforms would need extending but its a super simple way to add capacity.

Also all the angry people on that tweet going on about how the trains should be built locally, even though Hitachi pulled out of the bidding...

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #1243 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 12:25:42 PM »
Be mad using the Metro and it not being utterly s***.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #1244 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 12:37:58 PM »
Livery is very black and white.

Will the mackems still be happy using the Magtro.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #1245 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 01:59:42 PM »
I see the mayor for Tees Valley is booting off that the contract wasn’t just given to Hitachi without a second thought.

Did he express such outrage when it was announced the Brexit passports would be made in France?
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
« Reply #1246 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 02:14:11 PM »
Livery is very black and white.

Will the mackems still be happy using the Magtro.
Livery has yet to be determined.
In all honesty I can’t see it changing much past the current one. A number of them will be full on advertisements as well.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
« Reply #1247 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 02:16:32 PM »
I wish they would run longer trains. Some platforms would need extending but its a super simple way to add capacity.

Also all the angry people on that tweet going on about how the trains should be built locally, even though Hitachi pulled out of the bidding...
The new trains will be as long as the 2 cars units that are often used right now.
The system was built with longer cars in mind and all platforms are capable of handling cars double the length they are now. I think for some underground stations this means the removal of a partitioning was, which is easily achieved.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #1248 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 03:17:09 PM »

The new trains will be as long as the 2 cars units that are often used right now.
The system was built with longer cars in mind and all platforms are capable of handling cars double the length they are now. I think for some underground stations this means the removal of a partitioning was, which is easily achieved.
Fairly sure two twins was the norm till the Sunderland expansion.

Also there'll be a lot more to it than just platforms etc if the trains were longer, sighting of track circuiting for example could alter the running of the system if not moved, where possible to take longer trains into account.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
« Reply #1249 on: Tuesday 28 January 2020, 03:27:48 PM »

Fairly sure two twins was the norm till the Sunderland expansion.

Also there'll be a lot more to it than just platforms etc if the trains were longer, sighting of track circuiting for example could alter the running of the system if not moved, where possible to take longer trains into account.
I’m pretty sure everything was set up from day 1 for longer trains. Like I said all the infrastructure is in place for longer. Some stations may need railings to be taken out, but I’m pretty sure everything else is set to go and they could run them tomorrow if they could.

All this is fairly mute in anyway. 99% of the time there is no justification for longer trains, even at rush hour the city centre gets a train every 3 minutes.
The only time you could say it would be justified would be for events/match day. That is only for short periods of time though.
The new trains will have linear seating, which allows for more standing space. Overall the new trains will have a larger capacity than the existing ones. Unless Newcastle see’s a dramatic increase in population, I can’t see it being needed as part of a regular schedule.