Author Topic: The Metro - Upgrades, issues, hundreds of billions  (Read 59264 times)

WashyGeordie

Re: "Years of disruption" for Metro.
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 20 September 2011, 05:54:25 PM »
Goes through some proper s*** holes! :lol:

Come on... Glebe's a lovely place! ............

Offline Sifu

• General Member
  • Too many smileys.
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 20 September 2011, 06:03:10 PM »
Sounds good like, wouldn't mind the Metro being extended to the West End :thup:

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 20 September 2011, 06:08:58 PM »

Has needed to happen for years, good transport links is the best way to bring it into the 21st century. It also baffles me how we've never had a metro line for the metro centre :lol:

Would be amazing if those proposals came off; however, the vast majority of those stations won't come to light. A station at Silksworth would be handy, as would the link between North and South Tyneside.

Offline Sifu

• General Member
  • Too many smileys.
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 20 September 2011, 06:15:23 PM »

Has needed to happen for years, good transport links is the best way to bring it into the 21st century. It also baffles me how we've never had a metro line for the metro centre :lol:

Would be amazing if those proposals came off; however, the vast majority of those stations won't come to light. A station at Silksworth would be handy, as would the link between North and South Tyneside.

:nods:

Offline Ryan_Taylor

• General Member
  • James Perchenbauer
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 20 September 2011, 11:59:44 PM »
Stop at Harton would make my life easier :lol:
Sports Direct Signature
'Billionaires apply within'

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 07:49:08 AM »
Rather than look at that map and think 'Ooh, look at all of those places we could get to, easier'....we need to think 'urgh, look at all those places that could get to us, easily!" :undecided:

Some proper inbred places at the end of the lines.

Yeh, PONTELAND...I'm talking to you! :rant:

Nah...just kidding. It all looks great :shifty:

The stop "Pity Me" looks particularly depressing (like).
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Mucky01

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
that expansion map is ridiculous, it’d cost hundreds of billions.

They’ll build half a dozen new stations tops in the next 20 years.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 12:18:23 PM »
They can't even maintain and look after the ones they've got already, this is a terrible idea.

It's like a single mam of 4 living off benefits getting pregnant with twins and happy about it due to get some more money out of us all.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 01:29:47 PM »
They can't even maintain and look after the ones they've got already, this is a terrible idea.

It's like a single mam of 4 living off benefits getting pregnant with twins and happy about it due to get some more money out of us all.

Don't extensively use the metro these days, but whenever I've needed to, the stations have been fine...occasionally needing a paint job (out towards the coast) but nothing major.

Biggest complaint would be the lack of a facility to pay without coins. Pretty ridiculous that they haven't got card facilities and then have inspectors galore.

Went the 'long way round' from Monument to Tynemouth on Monday and the stations all looked decent.

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 01:54:19 PM »

Hundreds of billions. :lol:
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011
Winner:  AliGupter
Runner-up:  Nobody even came close

Offline Sifu

• General Member
  • Too many smileys.
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 01:56:15 PM »

Gazillion? :laugh:

Offline fraz77

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 03:14:42 PM »
That map is incredibly audacious, looks like a dot to dot gone wrong

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 03:16:31 PM »
I like the random circle track to link the inner city. Can't wait till we have to pay £10 to travel 1 zone.

Mucky01

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 04:23:37 PM »

hundreds of billions is a correct term, gazillion is fictitious.

the tram build cost in Edinburgh is getting close to one billion £’s for 23 stops.

you dickheads care to take an estimated cost?

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 04:26:02 PM »

the tram build cost in Edinburgh is getting close to one billion £’s for 23 stops.

I've not even seen the plans, but I know that there is no way it'll be hundreds of billions. :lol:

Also, don't get so touchy over it, hundreds of billions ffs. :lol:
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011

Offline S.S.R.

• Photoshop King
  • General Member
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 04:29:45 PM »
Can't wait to see the flying metro that leaps from Walker across the Tyne.

Mucky01

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 04:32:35 PM »

I've not even seen the plans, but I know that there is no way it'll be hundreds of billions. :lol:

there’s a map on the bottom of page 2 marked as a spoiler, the plans are vast.

come back to me with your ball park figure.

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 04:37:10 PM »

You're still sticking with the "hundreds of billions" prediction? :lol: Unbelievable.

I've had a quick look, and I'll say a billion, because I have absolutely no idea, yet I can still give you a cast-iron, Gupter Guarantee that I will be an awful lot more accurate than you. :lol:

Biggest Fraud 2011

WashyGeordie

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 04:41:32 PM »
Surely the expansion to the darkside didn't cost hundreds of billions? And that's still pretty recently built.

I'd say at a guess that the map won't get done soon, there's just too many to build for one expansion, but even if it's done one by one is progress and say, they built a few more in the next 5 years for what need's one, ie. Metro Centre, West End and maybe the Shields connection etc etc.

Mucky01

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 04:56:13 PM »

You're still sticking with the "hundreds of billions" prediction? :lol: Unbelievable.

I've had a quick look, and I'll say a billion, because I have absolutely no idea, yet I can still give you a cast-iron, Gupter Guarantee that I will be an awful lot more accurate than you. :lol:
you must have trouble reading as well as doing sums — as I’ve already pointed out the tram build cost in Edinburgh is getting close a billion for only 23 stops. As on that same post on page 2 it stated “Last year the service was awarded £300m by the Government for upgrade work” — that’s nigh on a third of a billion for upgrade work only.

that plan has loads of new stations and several bridges. A billion wouldn’t even scratch the surface.

You just stick to p*ss taking smiley faces etc eh?

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 05:00:04 PM »

you must have trouble reading as well as doing sums — as I’ve already pointed out the tram build cost in Edinburgh is getting close a billion for only 23 stops. As on that same post on page 2 it stated “Last year the service was awarded £300m by the Government for upgrade work” — that’s nigh on a third of a billion for upgrade work only.

that plan has loads of new stations and several bridges. A billion wouldn’t even scratch the surface.

You can't see the difference between £300m or £1bn and "hundreds of billions"? f***ing hell man. :lol:

Do you know what the entire planned expenditure by the Government in the latest budget was? About £700bn, you're expecting what, half that on the f***ing metro? You are phenomenal. :lol:

Biggest Fraud 2011

Mucky01

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 05:05:56 PM »

You can't see the difference between £300m or £1bn and "hundreds of billions"? f***ing hell man. :lol:

Do you know what the entire planned expenditure by the Government in the latest budget was? About £700bn, you're expecting what, half that on the f***ing metro? You are phenomenal. :lol:
clearly that was my point — the whole plan is ridiculous, try reading it again, if you can.

A billion and a third of a billion for next to nothing would multiply into hundreds of billions for that sort of expansion — that’s why the plan is ridiculous.

penny dropping yet?

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 05:14:15 PM »
You need to get a grip, not on this planet would that planned expansion cost "hundreds of billions", for crying out loud.

I've never heard such an absolutely preposterous estimation, I originally gave you benefit of the doubt and assumed it was grossly exaggerated, but no, you are carrying on with this ridiculous notion.

You have cited the Edinburgh build as an example, it's nearing on £1bn for 23 stops you say, let's apply the comparison literally (silly I know), I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (again), and assume you only meant £200bn, that would mean 4600 stops, I've only had a quick look at the plan, admittedly, but I don't see 4600 stops, do you?

It genuinely worries me that you believe it would cost "hundreds of billions" to implement this, it really does, I find it shocking and a little bit disturbing.

When you walk into a shop, I bet the people working there have seen you coming from a mile off.

:facepalm:

Biggest Fraud 2011

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 05:18:57 PM »
Hundreds of Billions  :lol:

Tbf, he pays £300 a pint.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 05:19:38 PM »
You need to get a grip, not on this planet would that planned expansion cost "hundreds of billions", for crying out loud.

I've never heard such an absolutely preposterous estimation, I originally gave you benefit of the doubt and assumed it was grossly exaggerated, but no, you are carrying on with this ridiculous notion.

You have cited the Edinburgh build as an example, it's nearing on £1bn for 23 stops you say, let's apply the comparison literally (silly I know), I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (again), and assume you only meant £200bn, that would mean 4600 stops, I've only had a quick look at the plan, admittedly, but I don't see 4600 stops, do you?

It genuinely worries me that you believe it would cost "hundreds of billions" to implement this, it really does, I find it shocking and a little bit disturbing.

When you walk into a shop, I bet the people working there have seen you coming from a mile off.

:facepalm:

:lol: Gupter got serious.

Kid can joke around about the worlds most f***ed up s***, but if you give him inaccurate estimations of potential public transport expansion costs, kid gets mad.