Author Topic: The Metro - Upgrades, issues, hundreds of billions  (Read 57462 times)

Offline godzilla

• General Member
Re: The Metro - Upgrades, issues, hundreds of billions
« Reply #1050 on: Tuesday 30 April 2019, 12:02:51 am »
:lol: Some lad was saying that they spent all weekend putting up new cables which immediately fell down when used. Plausible, at least. I think they're going to rebuild that bridge between Longbenton and South Gosforth in the summer too, so that'll be extra fun. FFS. Be quicker to walk.

Be gobsmacked by that tbh. I presume you mean overhead line wire, this is replaced either due to maintenance or a fault. In over 30 year I’ve never known one occasion when this has occurred within that short period of time after being‘put up. Can’t swear to it as I don’t work there anymore, but as I said it’s never happened in this way in all my years of experience.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1051 on: Tuesday 30 April 2019, 06:54:36 am »
:lol: Some lad was saying that they spent all weekend putting up new cables which immediately fell down when used. Plausible, at least. I think they're going to rebuild that bridge between Longbenton and South Gosforth in the summer too, so that'll be extra fun. FFS. Be quicker to walk.

Be gobsmacked by that tbh. I presume you mean overhead line wire, this is replaced either due to maintenance or a fault. In over 30 year I’ve never known one occasion when this has occurred within that short period of time after being‘put up. Can’t swear to it as I don’t work there anymore, but as I said it’s never happened in this way in all my years of experience.

aye but some lad said it tho...so there's that
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #1052 on: Tuesday 30 April 2019, 07:30:23 am »
They replaced that bridge just a year or two ago?

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #1053 on: Tuesday 30 April 2019, 08:04:04 am »
Still knackered today.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1054 on: Tuesday 30 April 2019, 09:05:00 am »
They replaced that bridge just a year or two ago?

Yeah they did

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #1055 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 10:39:01 am »
Just been kicked off one metro for an electrical fault at South Gosforth, told there's one 5 minutes behind. Wait it for it, all got on that one, sat there for another 5 minutes, told there's a fault with the windshield on this one and we all have to get off again.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1056 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 12:33:23 pm »
Just been kicked off one metro for an electrical fault at South Gosforth, told there's one 5 minutes behind. Wait it for it, all got on that one, sat there for another 5 minutes, told there's a fault with the windshield on this one and we all have to get off again.

The fleet is on it's last legs that's for sure, should have been replaced 10 year ago. It will continue to get worse until the new fleet is introduced.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #1057 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 12:44:01 pm »
It's depressing, given how so many of us rely on it day in day out.

Just found this as well - https://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2019-03-21a.1214.3. £650 odd million being invested in the system and the new fleet.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #1058 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 01:05:34 pm »
When the council introduce the £12.50 a day vehicle congestion charge for Newcastle the amount of people wanting to use the Metro will go through the roof. The trains are already standing room only (if you can get on at all) during the busy times. That's without taking their reliability or frequency into account.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #1059 on: Thursday 9 May 2019, 07:50:48 pm »

My train back from work has been withdrawn as well, that's three in the space of two journeys.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #1060 on: Monday 13 May 2019, 03:32:15 pm »
And again :rolleyes:

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #1061 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 12:05:15 pm »
 :lol:

There were delays yesterday so I decided to go the long way round back to the coast via Wallsend and shields.  It was nice evening so it was a pleasant journey home.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #1062 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 02:34:03 am »
Likely to be f***ed between Tynemouth and Benton tomorrow morning

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #1063 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 10:31:02 am »
I got in no problem from Monkseaton this morning, an empty train waiting.  :smug: