Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 34384 times)

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
Re: Climate change
« Reply #675 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 09:57:47 PM »
Knowing Quakes in real life he'd 100% say everything he's saying right now directly in your face, the question would be if you could then eloquently respond to him or if your brain would shortchange and you'd resort to fisticuffs.
If you're bored when you're alone, you're in bad company.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #676 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 09:58:09 PM »
Woe is you. I wonder why you were attacked. You could have caused yourself less bother if you did try to explain yourself, instead of just being provocative. Any reasonable person would accept that such would be the response.
Sounds more like a definition of snowflakey than anything else I have read.

Because it's easier on the internet to be a 'hard' 'man'.

And no, I didn't need to explain myself to avoid getting attacked. Asking someone before attacking definitely comes before it. But don't like your cognitive dissonance worry you about this one - you're still a good person. 

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #677 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 10:00:47 PM »
Knowing Quakes in real life he'd 100% say everything he's saying right now directly in your face, the question would be if you could then eloquently respond to him or if your brain would shortchange and you'd resort to fisticuffs.

Oh look, another one turns up. :lol:

Go and waste your money on over priced footwear - that sums up your priorities in life.

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #678 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 10:06:12 PM »
:) As you were.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #679 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 10:08:00 PM »
Once again you said something provocative and what appeared to be meant to rile people up in a thread about climate change, appearing to show contempt for people who want to be greener. And again, any reasonable person would accept that such reactions would occur from your initial comment, without getting butthurt about it. If you can’t see that, then it is on your head, not ours.

As for cognitive dissonance, I am not convinced that you know what the term actually means, given your use of it here.

On a related note, I find it a bit bizarre that so many provocateurs get so upset and indignant about the reactions that they elicit from their comments.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
« Reply #680 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 10:10:49 PM »
“OMG why is everyone attacking me? f***ing snowflakes.”

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #681 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 10:11:34 PM »
Once again you said something provocative and what appeared to be meant to rile people up in a thread about climate change, appearing to show contempt for people who want to be greener. And again, any reasonable person would accept that such reactions would occur from your initial comment, without getting butthurt about it. If you can’t see that, then it is on your head, not ours.

As for cognitive dissonance, I am not convinced that you know what the term actually means, given your use of it here.

In a related note, I find it a bit bizarre that so many provocateurs get so upset and indignant about the reactions that they elicit from their comments.

Let it go, man. Not worth it.
:) As you were.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
« Reply #682 on: Sunday 29 September 2019, 10:12:25 PM »

In a related note, I find it a bit bizarre that so many provocateurs get so upset and indignant about the reactions that they elicit from their comments.

Let it go, man. Not worth it.

Of course you’re right.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #683 on: Monday 30 September 2019, 01:06:36 AM »

Oh look, another one turns up. :lol:

Go and waste your money on over priced footwear - that sums up your priorities in life.

I like how you can summarize a complete strangers priorities in life from them spending some money on shoes a while back. Immaculate insight. You must be so smart and special, looking at your opinions and how they go against all common sense without any willingness or capacity to argue your view other than choosing to be contrary for the sake of being contrary. Everybody else are in the wrong, obviously.
If you're bored when you're alone, you're in bad company.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #684 on: Monday 30 September 2019, 10:43:32 AM »
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #685 on: Monday 30 September 2019, 10:59:15 AM »
Dinho is your stereotypical malnourished, skinny, pale brit. My money is on QuakesMag.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #686 on: Monday 30 September 2019, 11:01:10 AM »
:lol: I'm fairly sure he goes to the gym and is asian.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #687 on: Monday 30 September 2019, 11:03:57 AM »
Was worth a shot :lol:
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #688 on: Monday 30 September 2019, 05:46:26 PM »
Dinho is your stereotypical malnourished, skinny, pale brit. My money is on QuakesMag.

I think you’ll find we’re chunky nation.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #689 on: Tuesday 1 October 2019, 09:58:25 PM »

:lol:

« Reply #690 on: Tuesday 1 October 2019, 11:53:06 PM »

:lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #691 on: Wednesday 16 October 2019, 01:53:10 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7578667/Piers-Morgan-berates-Mr-Broccoli-head-vegan-Animal-Rebellion-activist-Good-Morning-Britain.html

FFS!

“At one point, the exchange was interrupted by 'Mr Broccoli' saying he had to take a phone call - pulling out a banana from his pocket and answering it like a phone.”

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #692 on: Tuesday 5 November 2019, 04:50:24 PM »
A global group of around 11,000 scientists have endorsed research that says the world is facing a climate emergency.

The study, based on 40 years of data on a range of measures, says governments are failing to address the crisis.

Without deep and lasting changes, the world is facing "untold human suffering" the study says.

The researchers say they have a moral obligation to warn of the scale of the threat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50302392
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Disco

• General Member

Offline bovineblue

• General Member
« Reply #694 on: Thursday 21 November 2019, 10:05:48 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7578667/Piers-Morgan-berates-Mr-Broccoli-head-vegan-Animal-Rebellion-activist-Good-Morning-Britain.html

FFS!

“At one point, the exchange was interrupted by 'Mr Broccoli' saying he had to take a phone call - pulling out a banana from his pocket and answering it like a phone.”

It's like they went out of their way to find the biggest idiot just to show how crazy those vegans are.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #695 on: Thursday 5 December 2019, 05:20:47 PM »
Been reading a bit about the fires in Australia, looks really f***ed up and the summer is only just beginning

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/04/living-through-endless-weeks-of-dirty-air-it-does-your-head-in-and-your-lungs

Serious changes seem to be happening much more quickly now, could it be we're already in a feedback loop?