Author Topic: Forum Service Issues and Updates  (Read 55345 times)

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
Re: Forum Service Issues and Updates
« Reply #425 on: Thursday 3 December 2020, 10:23:36 AM »
Anyone else getting an error when when you view a thread, it also marks the page below it as not having any new posts despite not having gone into that thread.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday 15 December 2020, 05:04:13 PM »
I've started noticing this as well, yes. Basically marks the thread below the one I've just viewed as also read. Started happening a week or so ago. At the time, thought it was something to do with the old laptop I was using.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don't. "
sackpardew.com

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #427 on: Tuesday 15 December 2020, 08:56:14 PM »
Yeah.
Articles, articles, articles, rather you remain unremarkable.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #428 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 03:07:11 PM »
Sorry to be so late, but is this still going on and if so, could you get a screenshot?
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #429 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 03:28:03 PM »
Still happening for me; not just Android though, same happens on the laptop (Chrome). So maybe it's a Chrome thing?

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #430 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 03:31:59 PM »

no1" border="0

Read Bruce thread only, but go back to the Football page and it's like I've caught up on both threads.

no2" border="0

If that makes sense.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #431 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 03:41:45 PM »
Aye, I've noticed that happening a few times actually.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Yeah well that's your opinion
« Reply #432 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 04:45:51 PM »
Is it a "sometimes" thing or all the time? I couldn't reproduce - read the dubravka thread, joelinton still marked as new

Nah f*** this, worst poster nominations are back.
One year I deliberately made no posts in the general chat thread so I couldn’t be nominated for it, I still f***ing won.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #433 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 04:55:34 PM »
For me it seems intermittent, happens sometimes, doesnt others. Seems about 50/50 for if it happens or not.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #434 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 05:56:05 PM »
Yep, totally random as far as I can tell.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #435 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 06:42:59 PM »
Cheers gents, I'll get it passed on to the skillful people.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 10:11:48 AM »
Does anyone else get the parameter 'PHPSESSID=75dvjbrbfh8plb6coavtk81afr;wwwRedirect' added to the end of the url when they load the forum anytime? Which stops you logging in unless you remove it and reload the url?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #437 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 05:01:54 PM »
Nut.

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #438 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 06:21:39 PM »
Nut as in no? Or Nut as in @Optimistic Nut?

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 06:55:07 PM »
???
?s=21

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 04:30:39 PM »
As in no.

Bloody hell. :lol:

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 04:38:01 PM »
:lol:

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 06:36:51 PM »
I believe in you @Optimistic Nut
Bearings Straight!

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #443 on: Friday 22 January 2021, 03:04:29 PM »
Does anyone else get the parameter 'PHPSESSID=75dvjbrbfh8plb6coavtk81afr;wwwRedirect' added to the end of the url when they load the forum anytime? Which stops you logging in unless you remove it and reload the url?

@HUGZ Sorry for tagging. Just baffled by this. It's not a huge issue, but it differs across machines. On my home laptop when I request newcastle-online.org it just loads the site and probably adds the /forum/index and I can log straight in. But on my work machine, managed, it adds the SESSID param and I'll get a log in error if I dont remove the param and reload. This is quite recent. Searching that parameter it says that it's just a session cookie generated by the server. Just strange that it behaves differently between machines. Is it to do with AD or whatever?

Offline HUGZ

• Administrator
« Reply #444 on: Friday 22 January 2021, 03:38:07 PM »

@HUGZ Sorry for tagging. Just baffled by this. It's not a huge issue, but it differs across machines. On my home laptop when I request newcastle-online.org it just loads the site and probably adds the /forum/index and I can log straight in. But on my work machine, managed, it adds the SESSID param and I'll get a log in error if I dont remove the param and reload. This is quite recent. Searching that parameter it says that it's just a session cookie generated by the server. Just strange that it behaves differently between machines. Is it to do with AD or whatever?

I'm guessing your work machine doesn't store cookies persistently, so every time you close your browser, the cookie will be removed. SMF needs it to track your session, and they add it by passing it through the URL. If you open a private window you'll see it happen every time. It happens on the official SMF forum too, so it won't be a recent issue considering they haven't updated their product in about 50 years. It's likely your work machine/browser has altered how it handles and stores cookies.

If I wasn't certain people would have a meltdown, I'd be suggesting we migrate the forum to a platform that isn't so archaic :lol:

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #445 on: Friday 22 January 2021, 03:44:49 PM »
I'm all in for migration.

Offline HUGZ

• Administrator
« Reply #446 on: Friday 22 January 2021, 03:47:53 PM »
I'm all in for migration.

Howay Neesy! Throw your weight around and use your influence to get the rest of the clique on board. I'm confident we could do a smashing job and once again have one of the best forums around.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #447 on: Friday 22 January 2021, 04:01:28 PM »
+1 on the migration front. This s*** old af. How we gonna get little kids to sign up and post selfies on a platform that doesn't even allow direct image uploads?

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #448 on: Friday 22 January 2021, 04:04:08 PM »
+1 on the migration front. This s*** old af. How we gonna get little kids to sign up and post selfies on a platform that doesn't even allow direct image uploads?
Hol up

Offline HUGZ

• Administrator
« Reply #449 on: Friday 22 January 2021, 04:10:02 PM »

:lol:

not a fan of hosting user images, but signatures and whatever else coming from unsecure sources trigger me hard. SSL warnings all over the shop.