Author Topic: Forum Service Issues and Updates  (Read 46060 times)

Offline ToonTastic

• Administrator
  • General Member
Re: Forum Service Issues and Updates
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday 4 September 2019, 08:16:47 am »
Sounds like a background process has crashed on the server and needs restarting.

Yeah I thought that and tried rebooting but no help. It appears to be Sphix which I believe is attached to the SQL database. Anyone who knows more than me (won't be hard) I'm all ears.

« Reply #351 on: Wednesday 4 September 2019, 11:31:39 pm »
Guessing it's a tool that auto updates? Judging by their site it's still running. Last update was October 2018 and though there are changes and warnings in the release notes it'd be strange for any issues to only show now. Mentions a change to the api though.
I'm no db analyst but I swear the indexing is f***ed. Long page loads and knackered search point to db issues in my experience.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline ToonTastic

• Administrator
  • General Member
« Reply #352 on: Thursday 5 September 2019, 01:12:58 pm »
Guessing it's a tool that auto updates? Judging by their site it's still running. Last update was October 2018 and though there are changes and warnings in the release notes it'd be strange for any issues to only show now. Mentions a change to the api though.
I'm no db analyst but I swear the indexing is f***ed. Long page loads and knackered search point to db issues in my experience.

It's unfortunately more embarrassing than that haha there was a different issue which I sorted which required a server reboot. Following the reboot the Sphinx service hasn't rebooted or has become corrupt. I've tried checking it's status from console but I get nothing, but it not running can cause that. No idea how to restart it as it's not a service within WHM by the looks.

« Reply #353 on: Thursday 5 September 2019, 05:16:01 pm »
Seen these?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7902505/how-gracefully-restart-sphinx-search-daemon-after-reindexing
https://serverfault.com/questions/8619/how-do-i-make-sphinx-restart-when-i-reboot-my-ubuntu-server

I mean we aint reindexed, but Dave did db work. Think it was upgrades and moving things about but not sure of detail. Speaking to him he didn't do any indexing. Might still translate, though.

Offline ToonTastic

• Administrator
  • General Member
« Reply #355 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 09:05:13 am »
Yeah, HUGZ sorted it yesterday so fingers crossed should be working now for everyone.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que serĂ¡, serĂ¡
« Reply #356 on: Sunday 8 September 2019, 02:04:08 pm »
Big thank you to everyone who helped get this sorted!