Author Topic: Forum Service Issues and Updates  (Read 43982 times)

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • This is what peak performance looks like.
Re: Forum Service Issues and Updates
« Reply #300 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 04:38:48 pm »
I said it then and I'll say it now

he's seen a decade and a half of the meals i've eaten and the shirts i've bought and still decided to follow my advice, absolutely no one to blame but himself :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #301 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 12:53:00 am »
I think we have the option to delete all posts when deleting accounts, but we've not deleted accounts in years bar the inactive ones.  It might even be automatic, can't remember.  But you still have all the quoted posts, can't delete them bar manually.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #302 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 03:35:00 pm »
Wait, you're not leaving us are you POOT?

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #303 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 05:51:12 pm »
You absolutely sure?

I know i've thought of asking similar, again like you find it hard to just leave the place alone. Such a shame though if its down to footballing reasons.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • This is what peak performance looks like.
« Reply #304 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 05:57:46 pm »
:( Will miss you man.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #305 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 06:00:53 pm »
Yeh, man :thup:

Love this place but things are killing me day by day. And it's getting worse, not better. But details aren't important as it'll quickly descend into another argument or whatever, you know. I want to quietly (as poss) disappear and not fire off anything etc etc. Serves no purpose :)

Are you an admin, D?

Damn, shame fella, you are one of the good guys. Fair play to having the balls to cut loose, i hope there are no regrets.

Just picture the moment its finally confirmed, Ashley has sold the club, no doubt in it, no way back...then think if part of your celebrations would be to come on here and join in the party. If that's not there and you don't think you'd regret it then you are doing the right thing. It's all i hang around for, that tiny bit of hope and see the joy in everyone who has gone through the ringer with me over the years.

Naaa, not Admin. Christ.  :lol:

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #306 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 06:03:10 pm »

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #307 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 07:12:28 pm »
Bearings Straight!

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #309 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 08:55:58 pm »
f*** NUFC. Very sorry to see a piece of the furniture like POOT go.

The thought actually crossed my mind as well the other day, for the first time. Then went away. :laugh:

« Reply #310 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 11:01:02 pm »
Don't leave me, Yorkie.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #311 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 11:18:54 pm »
I won't leave until I know for certain that 'Branko is smelly' is a more established and familiar in-joke than the atmosphere shtick. Once I'm certain of that, I'll retire happily.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #312 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 11:44:54 am »
Gone, and that was a disaster, nearly crashed the place deleting his posts.  So deletions won't be facilitated unless extreme circumstances, we will ban your account and details if you wish to be rid of the place though.  Otherwise, sadly, need to use the willpower or you're stuck here for good. :thup:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #313 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 11:45:57 am »
Gone, and that was a disaster, nearly crashed the place deleting his posts.  So deletions won't be facilitated unless extreme circumstances, we will ban your account and details if you wish to be rid of the place though.  Otherwise, sadly, need to use the willpower or you're stuck here for good. :thup:

Sorry Bluf but you have to delete under GDPR rules...  :milner:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #314 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 11:49:49 am »
Is that the case? :lol:

Well it didn't work, half his posts are still here, so sue me. :lol:

PS.  He didn't care.

EDIT:  Well that was an enlightening read on GDPR, cheers for the heads up Neesy. :lol: :thup:
« Last Edit: Monday 21 January 2019, 12:19:36 pm by BlufPurdi »

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #315 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 12:44:45 pm »
Is that the case? :lol:

Well it didn't work, half his posts are still here, so sue me. :lol:

PS.  He didn't care.

EDIT:  Well that was an enlightening read on GDPR, cheers for the heads up Neesy. :lol: :thup:

Have a smoke now. ;)

« Reply #316 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 02:01:31 pm »
Dont need to delete the posts, just anonymise the user.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #317 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 02:30:54 pm »
Ah man, not Poot. :( one of the good guys around here.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #318 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 06:49:02 pm »
POOT's gone? :( Bit gutted about that, really helped me with some personal stuff last few months. Can't say I blame him either tbh like, been thinking about asking for the same.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 07:00:59 pm »
I've quit all social media, with the exception of Twitter which I'm reluctant to get vocal on because all it takes is one 'wrong' comment and you're under attack (happened during indy ref to me :lol:).  So I don't think I could ever actually leave here.  Would have nowhere at all to talk about anything, but certainly thought about it.  As recently as this morning. :laugh:

I think we're all letting general negativity get to us a bit much.  There's a lot of toxicity in many subjects, from NUFC to Brexit, to politics in general and the changing of social norms.  All of which can get people's backs up, but I think we just need to take a step back and leave for a bit.  We're a bit different from social media in that we're a genuine community and have legitimately helped people out before.  I don't know who I'd be, where I'd be, but it wouldn't be a good place if I hadn't had this place at certain points over the last 15 years.

I'd only ask that people don't go as far as completely wanting out, we're not a massive platform, we'll more often than not bend over backwards to help you out.  We've banned people to stop them coming and force them to have the break they know they need but their willpower won't allow.  We're more than happy to rename accounts, or allow you to come back under a new guise if you feel too much of a reputation has been gained in your old name.  All I'm saying is, talk to us before you do.  Which is what POOT did and why we agreed to do as we did.  I also predict, he will be back. :)

EDIT:  Also, we're not obligated to delete all posts, we only have to anonymise them.  So it's not the clean break one might have assumed.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #320 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 07:44:53 pm »
I've quit all social media, with the exception of Twitter which I'm reluctant to get vocal on because all it takes is one 'wrong' comment and you're under attack (happened during indy ref to me :lol:).  So I don't think I could ever actually leave here.  Would have nowhere at all to talk about anything, but certainly thought about it.  As recently as this morning. :laugh:

I think we're all letting general negativity get to us a bit much.  There's a lot of toxicity in many subjects, from NUFC to Brexit, to politics in general and the changing of social norms.  All of which can get people's backs up, but I think we just need to take a step back and leave for a bit.  We're a bit different from social media in that we're a genuine community and have legitimately helped people out before.  I don't know who I'd be, where I'd be, but it wouldn't be a good place if I hadn't had this place at certain points over the last 15 years.

I'd only ask that people don't go as far as completely wanting out, we're not a massive platform, we'll more often than not bend over backwards to help you out.  We've banned people to stop them coming and force them to have the break they know they need but their willpower won't allow.  We're more than happy to rename accounts, or allow you to come back under a new guise if you feel too much of a reputation has been gained in your old name.  All I'm saying is, talk to us before you do.  Which is what POOT did and why we agreed to do as we did.  I also predict, he will be back. :)

EDIT:  Also, we're not obligated to delete all posts, we only have to anonymise them.  So it's not the clean break one might have assumed.

Nice post. Its funny but no coincidence a lot of us are feeling the same. I think for a lot of people this place ties us to NUFC and when we see no hope or an out from Ashley then its easy to view negatively, especially when there are a few wums out stirring the pot. I used to kid around (been called a wum but that wasn't the intention) take things a little too far, but knocked it on the head as i can see people are worn out.

Its a shame some just aren't reading the atmosphere, or worse are and still going and causing more tension across the forum. Shame that focus isn't on getting Ashley out rather than in-fighting.

Brexit just causes the perfect storm. It's dividing more than just forums. Both NUFC & Brexit are caught in a timeloop, nothing changes. Groundhog day, reliving the same s*** day after day. Two topics that dominate this place are broken, out of our control with no end in sight.

I'll not leave (sorry Greg  :lol:) as when Ashley goes i want to attend the big N-O party (KI is paying for the beers) as it will be well earned for all, but that day seems further away than ever right now, good members leaving doesn't help. Fingers crossed he'll be back, along with others and we have our day again.

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #321 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 11:01:31 pm »
Just been in the football section and f*** me, I can see where the quitting is coming from. it's like the chimps escaped and now they're just flinging s*** everywhere. It's so sad. :(
:) As you were.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #322 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 11:26:25 pm »
Been having bad issues with form POSTs tonight.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #323 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 11:32:34 pm »
Damn, POOT :(

I've always wondered how forums would deal with the 'right to be forgotten' crap in GDPR. Do you just change the username to inactivemember or something?

« Reply #324 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 04:27:19 pm »
Man, did we remove his posts? :lol: The DB indexing was f***ed to begin with.