Author Topic: The random thoughts thread  (Read 425539 times)

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
Re: The random thoughts thread
« Reply #12825 on: Wednesday 3 June 2020, 04:47:07 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder if Humans are the virus and things like Covid 19 the antibodies.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #12826 on: Wednesday 3 June 2020, 07:56:13 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder if Humans are the virus and things like Covid 19 the antibodies.
The world would be a far more diverse and beautiful place without us.  You just have to look at the number of species we have killed off through hunting and encroaching on/destroying their habitat.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #12827 on: Wednesday 3 June 2020, 08:00:02 AM »
That's just what competing species do, though. Only issue is that we're so destructively good at it, alas

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #12828 on: Wednesday 3 June 2020, 10:02:39 AM »
That's just what competing species do, though. Only issue is that we're so destructively good at it, alas
I wonder if there's been any examples of species being deliberately wiped out by any species other than man ?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #12829 on: Wednesday 3 June 2020, 10:12:28 AM »
The world would be a far more diverse and beautiful place without us.  You just have to look at the number of species we have killed off through hunting and encroaching on/destroying their habitat.

Nature has to take it's share of the responsibility. After all, nature created us.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #12830 on: Wednesday 3 June 2020, 10:14:50 AM »

Nature has to take it's share of the responsibility. After all, nature created us.
Created us then f***ed us.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #12831 on: Wednesday 3 June 2020, 10:24:32 AM »
I wonder if there's been any examples of species being deliberately wiped out by any species other than man ?

Depends on your definition of 'deliberate', I guess.  Are there any species (other than, you know, diseases and stuff) that man has deliberately wiped out, or has it just been wanton carelessness and complete lack of interest in consequences?  Grey Squirrels will completely wipe out Red Squirrels and although there's no particular intent on their part the outcome is the same.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #12832 on: Wednesday 3 June 2020, 10:27:25 AM »

Created us then f***ed us.

f***ed us, how?

Also the world wouldn't be more beautiful if humans weren't here to define beauty.

Offline Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
  • General Member
« Reply #12833 on: Wednesday 3 June 2020, 12:32:24 PM »

We can kill from a distance.
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • my role model is this cartoon milkshake
« Reply #12834 on: Friday 5 June 2020, 02:37:41 AM »
i'll continue to enjoy Stranglehold despite Ted Nugent being an almighty dickwad

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #12835 on: Friday 5 June 2020, 08:25:26 AM »
We havent tried to kill it yet.  We will though, the b******.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #12836 on: Friday 5 June 2020, 09:14:38 PM »
It turns out you can have too many wifi repeaters.  I put 2 in the same room to sync them so its primed for my new office/converted garage and whilst most of my devices are ok the baby monitor has s*** itself.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #12837 on: Yesterday at 03:48:40 AM »
It turns out you can have too many wifi repeaters.  I put 2 in the same room to sync them so its primed for my new office/converted garage and whilst most of my devices are ok the baby monitor has s*** itself.

Ours just let us hear the baby. Amazing what they can do with technology nowadays.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #12838 on: Yesterday at 11:20:34 AM »
Just been reading that during the Notre Dame fire they found a sandwich, a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar.

It was the lunchpack of notre dame

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #12839 on: Yesterday at 11:23:44 AM »
Just been reading that during the Notre Dame fire they found a sandwich, a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar.

Too soon.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #12840 on: Yesterday at 01:39:12 PM »

Too soon.

Seems like it’s a burning issue to me.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #12841 on: Yesterday at 01:55:09 PM »
I miss sports less than I thought I would.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #12842 on: Yesterday at 02:00:49 PM »
Will Santa be allowed to visit other households

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #12843 on: Yesterday at 02:07:36 PM »
Will Santa be allowed to visit other households

So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
  • General Member
« Reply #12844 on: Yesterday at 02:35:45 PM »

Too soon.

Seems like it’s a burning issue to me.

Holy smoke.
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #12845 on: Yesterday at 02:59:55 PM »
Excellent punning, you guys are on fire tonight.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #12846 on: Yesterday at 03:03:31 PM »
I miss sports less than I thought I would.

I go back and forth on this. I get regular pangs, but also am achieving a lot more in the house and yard etc :lol:. Sad to say, the one thing I think I will really struggle with would be a hiatus in the NFL.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #12847 on: Yesterday at 09:07:19 PM »
I should be at a gig in Birmingham tonight and then getting cans in for the Euros kicking off next week, gonna be f***ing miserable summer having all these realisations that I should be going somewhere or doing something all while stuck in the house :(