Author Topic: Newcastle  (Read 53084 times)

Offline NE27

• General Member
  • That rug really tied the room together.
Re: Newcastle
« Reply #850 on: Sunday 19 July 2020, 06:57:22 PM »
Not sure if them pics are the same thing but I worked on the forth banks police station and they had an open shaft with steps down to something very similar?

Was actually quite an impressive sight, lovely brick arches etc.

Great what stuff is hidden beneath our city!

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #851 on: Sunday 19 July 2020, 06:58:25 PM »

Probably will be, it's in the right place (and that's enough to discourage me from poking around any doors to see if they're open :lol:)

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #852 on: Sunday 19 July 2020, 06:59:14 PM »

I see the Worswick Street Bus Station is finally on its way as well.  And how long has the oil place been gone at the other end of the swing bridge..?  Just noticed that from the High Level today, haven't been in that part of town for a few months.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #854 on: Sunday 19 July 2020, 10:31:04 PM »

I see the Worswick Street Bus Station is finally on its way as well.  And how long has the oil place been gone at the other end of the swing bridge..?  Just noticed that from the High Level today, haven't been in that part of town for a few months.

Saw that for the first time today too. It's unbelievable how badly used the quayside land is really. Guess there's just not enough profit in it.

Offline Guybrush

« Reply #855 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 04:36:05 PM »
I've been involved in a campaign to help NE food and tourism recover and grow, while promoting the culture and identity of our region.

Recently, a video was released that we're all pretty proud of: https://localheroes.fadne.org/coming-home/

It's the first in a series outlining our heritage and what the region has to offer now.

The whole video was produced in and by people in the North East, with even the backing track being recorded here.

The whole initiave is a labour of love, and those behind it are all working entirely pro bono, alongside their regular jobs and other commitments.

With the football news and, well, everything else right now, hopefully, for a minute, this can serve as a distraction. Cheers!

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #856 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 05:11:03 PM »
Seems like a good initiative

ClintonBaptiste

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #858 on: Friday 4 September 2020, 05:09:04 PM »
Love this, taken from outside Holy Trinity Church in Jesmond looking towards town.

Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #859 on: Friday 4 September 2020, 05:51:23 PM »
Just looked at the road on street maps. That left side of shops is now "Tyne2Let" "The Munchy Bites" "DreamGirlz" and "Dene's Deli". Majestic.

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #860 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 10:02:50 AM »