Author Topic: Newcastle  (Read 40708 times)

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
Re: Newcastle
« Reply #675 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 01:44:40 PM »
It's not the centre of town mind, but the Metrocentre has a whiskey shop.

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #676 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 09:41:42 AM »
Anywhere decent in town centre for whiskey?

I’m not a Whiskey drinker but i’d imagine you’d get some good stuff from here -

http://mmm-glug.co.uk/
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #677 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 09:50:05 AM »

Fenwicks?
Has the best selection in town.

Pub wise, I cant think of anywhere with a great selection.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline olliemort

• General Member
« Reply #678 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 10:20:08 AM »
Heading over 20th December for two nights. Normally head to bars down by train station but think I'm getting too old for it now haha. I don't mind going there to start the night but where is good to finish with decent dj..I was thinking digital but never too pushed as I wonder would there be many good birds there lol. Any tips on decent places for brekkie and food. ..we like everything not fussy. All in our 30s as well btw..cheers lads

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #679 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 12:34:16 PM »

Fenwicks?

Fenwicks has a good selection, most of it tends to be named brands though, with limited editions. No real place to get higher quality whiskey from.
Rehills in Jesmond also has a decent selection.
In terms of pubs or bars, you pretty much limited to JD and Glendfiddich.
In short, whiskey drinkers are waiting for the Gin hype to be over and for it to move onto whiskey.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #680 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:11:23 PM »

Fenwicks?

Fenwicks has a good selection, most of it tends to be named brands though, with limited editions. No real place to get higher quality whiskey from.
Rehills in Jesmond also has a decent selection.
In terms of pubs or bars, you pretty much limited to JD and Glendfiddich.
In short, whiskey drinkers are waiting for the Gin hype to be over and for it to move onto whiskey.

They're going to be disappointed to discover that the next hype is rum.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #681 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:12:20 PM »
Heading over 20th December for two nights. Normally head to bars down by train station but think I'm getting too old for it now haha. I don't mind going there to start the night but where is good to finish with decent dj..I was thinking digital but never too pushed as I wonder would there be many good birds there lol. Any tips on decent places for brekkie and food. ..we like everything not fussy. All in our 30s as well btw..cheers lads

Quay Ingredient or Cafe Royal for breakfast.

Offline olliemort

• General Member
« Reply #682 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:35:38 PM »

Quay Ingredient or Cafe Royal for breakfast.
Thanks man..yeah I was going to go to quay Ingredient but it's small and packed..I was way too hungover for it 🙈

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #683 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 03:27:47 PM »
The Victoria Comet opposite central station does two breakfasts for £13
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #684 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 12:58:50 AM »

Funkagenda is playing WHQ on the 20th or Enzo Siragusa at digital on the same night. Personally I'd go for WHQ.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #685 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 10:50:30 AM »
There’s a place called The Glass House on Dean St. that advertises itself as a whiskey and champagne bar.  Not sure if s**** or not, never been in.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #686 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 10:55:21 AM »
There’s a place called The Glass House on Dean St. that advertises itself as a whiskey and champagne bar.  Not sure if s**** or not, never been in.

Thought it went bust?

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #687 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 11:23:05 AM »
I've always liked The Hudson
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #688 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 03:01:33 PM »
Is anything good happening for NYE? I probably don’t want full club, but I went to Tyne Bank Brewery last year and it was dead. Trying to avoid a repeat.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #689 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 03:25:15 PM »
By the River Brew and Wylam Brewery are doing stuff I think. I went to the former last year, was alright but tickets were £15

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #690 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 04:24:23 PM »
Is anything good happening for NYE? I probably don’t want full club, but I went to Tyne Bank Brewery last year and it was dead. Trying to avoid a repeat.
Like joeyt says, Wylam will most likely have something on. It was canny last year, but it was absolutely heaving.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #691 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 09:36:18 PM »
Finally going back there after 5 years away in March. Going to the darts and most likely be a scab and go to the Villa game if it doesn't get moved for tele.

Offline olliemort

• General Member
« Reply #692 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 09:40:47 PM »

Funkagenda is playing WHQ on the 20th or Enzo Siragusa at digital on the same night. Personally I'd go for WHQ.
Cheers man..funkagenda would be good irc 👍

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #693 on: Yesterday at 05:41:19 PM »
I wonder what percentage of those commentating "It's a disgrace use the Grainger Market instead!!!!!" on Chronicle articles about businesses having to close because of the christmas market, actually shop in the Grainger Market.