Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 99863 times)

Offline BergenMagpie

• General Member
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2225 on: Sunday 2 December 2018, 10:01:36 AM »
Remember having such high expectations for this show when it first arrived then I only lasted 10-15 minutes in the first episode before realising it was complete and utter dogshit - and I was rather young at the time. I mean, how can you f*** up a Zombie themed TV show?

Recently I decided to search for a random scene of the show to see if I was too hasty on my judgement (after being stuck between two very enthusiastic fans at a party) and I stumbled upon this scene:
It looks comically bad. It reminds me of this TV show for kids called "The Tribe" that I only watched an episode or two of back in the days.

Offline wormy

• General Member
« Reply #2226 on: Sunday 2 December 2018, 10:41:16 AM »
:lol: That's the first clip I've watched since Glenn's watermelon head got squashed by the baseball bat.

I'd readily go back and re-watch The Tribe ahead of this. What a blast from the past that show is.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #2227 on: Monday 11 February 2019, 12:08:21 PM »
It's back (last night in the US, tonight in the UK).
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #2228 on: Tuesday 12 February 2019, 06:12:47 AM »
There are so many great shows out there. Why would anyone choose to waste an hour on this s****? You'll get a semi decent episode tonight and f*** all until the season finale. Same since season 2.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #2229 on: Tuesday 12 February 2019, 12:19:48 PM »
There are so many great shows out there. Why would anyone choose to waste an hour on this s****? You'll get a semi decent episode tonight and f*** all until the season finale. Same since season 2.

Did you ever think we'd be saying that when we heard a zombie show was coming out 10 years ago? :lol: Incredible how they've f***ed this up.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #2230 on: Tuesday 19 February 2019, 11:52:18 AM »
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a26400967/walking-dead-showrunner-angela-kang-future-show-season-10/

The Walking Dead showrunner Angela Kang speaks about the future of the show after season 10
"I can't assume anything."

By Sam Warner
19/02/2019

The Walking Dead was recently renewed for a 10th season, but many fans have questioned how much longer the show can go on for.
It comes after a spate of principal cast departures, most notably Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes), as well as the upcoming exit of Danai Gurira (Michonne) in season 10.
Showrunner Angela Kang has now opened up about the future of the show, having been asked if she was approaching the next season as the last.

"It's kind of just amazing that we're going into the 10th season," she told INSIDER. "It's certainly a milestone that most people never get to cross and we're so grateful to the fans around the world that have been on that journey with us.
"I'm approaching it as I've got to make a great 10th season. I can't assume anything. It's a thing that writers certainly talk about a lot.
"You can fall into a trap of just planning ahead and saving the great material for later. We always have to approach it as — we got to put the good material in now."

Whether the show goes on for years or not, it seems Kang is up to the challenge and is adamant that she wants to get it right at the moment.
"Even if there is five more years or 10 more years or whatever, we have to make it cool in this year and now [not only] for our sake, but definitely for the sake of the fans and so that's been the approach," she continued.
"I'm really excited about the work that we're doing and just grateful to have been on this ride."

:serious:

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #2231 on: Tuesday 19 February 2019, 12:45:35 PM »
So the scary new bad guy is a fat bald woman that lives in the woods. :joey:

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #2232 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 11:41:49 AM »
I've watched this series and this whole thing needs putting out to pasture its just going round and round in circles
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #2233 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 01:29:23 PM »
Oh, surprise surprise a gang of baddies hava turned up to have a go........... Not seen this story arc before.

f***ing hell man, every season it's a new gang of arsehole's wanting a barny, they get defeated and rinse and repeat. For the love of god, change it man!  Just for 1 season can they not have another group of c***s turning up and instead, make it about battling/surviving zombies?

How about make the storyline have major involvement with the zombies, the feeling of claustrophobic fear as the survivors are completely outnumbered by thousands of zombies. something in a big city where they are trapped, constant attacks, nowhere to hide. Edge of your seat type s***.

But no, they pull the same old w*** storyline out time after time, with the odd smattering of a lonely zombie f***ing about in the woods to kill.

Actually if they made the series about the point of view of a zombie, where each hour is just the viewpoint of a fuckwit zombie ambling about doing jack s***, would actually be more entertaining than the wallop they serve up.  Even fear the walking dead goes down the exact same route too. It's all bollocks.

Hopefully they just all kill each other and put an end to the sorry mess that it is.  It frustrates me to f*** as I love a good zombie movie, and this is criminally wasted.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #2234 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 03:45:29 PM »
Last nights episode was a new low but it looks like there could be light at the end of my Zombie tunnel with a new Netflix show Black Summer.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #2235 on: Monday 25 March 2019, 11:36:41 PM »
Something actually happened in the latest episode. A minor purge. Sets things up for the season ending episode. The writers only seem to bother with the first and last episode of each season. The rest is mainly padding.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #2236 on: Friday 29 March 2019, 06:36:23 PM »
I've just caught a spoiler of the last episode of the series and even the 12 die hard fans that are left are complaining that its lame.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #2237 on: Tuesday 2 April 2019, 11:13:46 PM »
I had to check that was the final episode of the season. Nothing of note even happened. I was expecting a cliff hanger to make people want to watch the next season. They can't even be bothered to do that anymore.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #2238 on: Thursday 4 April 2019, 12:56:45 PM »
Such a bad finale, they were just showing off their snow effects and the frozen zombies. And how bad can that f***ing storm be that they all needed to tie themselves together to cross the street?! I think it was written by someone that has never encountered snow.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #2239 on: Thursday 4 April 2019, 01:30:06 PM »
They were trying to get all game of thrones with the winter is coming s***. What an abysmal finale that was. Literally nothing happened.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #2240 on: Tuesday 15 October 2019, 06:08:08 PM »
By christ this is s****, I've got my TV volume on 50 just to try and hear what they are saying and even then its pure nonsense, there must have been 7 adverts in the last episode

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2241 on: Tuesday 15 October 2019, 09:05:11 PM »
I’ve finally given up on this. Not bothering with this series. Sick of stupid little things like them announcing Rick was leaving,
Spoiler
[close]
...things that in the first 3-4 series would have been good TV coming out of the blue.

Should have just ended it after that series when they defeated the Saviors, that final scene where Rick & Carl are walking in the field together would have been a fitting way just to wrap it all up.
?s=21

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #2242 on: Tuesday 15 October 2019, 09:44:09 PM »
:lol: Renewed for another season too isnt it?
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2243 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 06:11:20 AM »
Anyone still watch? Not even been tempted still which is weird for a show I watched from the beginning.
?s=21

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #2244 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 10:15:46 AM »
Anyone still watch? Not even been tempted still which is weird for a show I watched from the beginning.

I'm still watching and it's still terrible

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #2245 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 08:25:13 PM »
The new show runner said "You can fall into a trap of just planning ahead and saving the great material for later. We always have to approach it as — we got to put the good material in now."

I'd hate to see the material they don't class as good if what we see is the good material.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #2246 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 05:38:32 PM »
Anyone still do this? I stopped at rick leaving. Shocked I made it that far.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #2247 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 05:59:41 PM »
I gave fear the walking dead a go instead. It's basically about Cliff Curtis trying to survive his mental family.

It's absolute s*** though, the mother is the worst actor I've ever seen, and everyone can blend in with zombies by smearing a little blood on their face, they don't have to drench themselves in guts like in TWD.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #2248 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 06:47:05 PM »
I gave fear the walking dead a go instead. It's basically about Cliff Curtis trying to survive his mental family.

It's absolute s*** though, the mother is the worst actor I've ever seen, and everyone can blend in with zombies by smearing a little blood on their face, they don't have to drench themselves in guts like in TWD.

Totally agree. The mother has no expressions whatsoever and such a punchable face. It just turns into exactly what the walking dead is too. Constant s*** battles with another bunch of t***s, with the actual zombies just being a second thought.