Author Topic: Potential Materialism: The "What I might buy" Thread  (Read 378431 times)

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Potential Materialism: The "What I might buy" Thread
« Reply #7900 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 02:50:31 pm »
Looking to get a new telly for the house, over 60 inches, any recommendations? Ideally pre built with nextflix and Amazon if that’s possible, my old TV came with our house when we bought it and although it’s about 70 inches or something it’s looking ancient. Budged 1500-2k

:o

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #7901 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 02:56:40 pm »
Looking to get a new telly for the house, over 60 inches, any recommendations? Ideally pre built with nextflix and Amazon if that’s possible, my old TV came with our house when we bought it and although it’s about 70 inches or something it’s looking ancient. Budged 1500-2k

Is that a lot? I know nowt about tellies and always thought they were expensive, the one we have came with the house about 6 years ago and was like 6k or something, mind it had all these speakers and s***.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7902 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 02:59:42 pm »

Is that a lot? I know nowt about tellies and always thought they were expensive, the one we have came with the house about 6 years ago and was like 6k or something, mind it had all these speakers and s***.

Yes.  I got a very good mid range 49" TV for £499 in June for example.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • This is what peak performance looks like.
« Reply #7903 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 03:02:02 pm »
Probably won't get a 60" OLED for that range, they start off near 2.5k USD/2k GBP. Maybe a deal can be found though. edit: looks like the LGs are in that range. my b.

Adam makes a good reccommendation tbh. Samsungs have been my go to for the last 10 years.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
« Reply #7904 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 03:03:57 pm »
LG OLED B8 normal price is £2k. It's within his budget, and therefore the only TV he should be considering.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
« Reply #7905 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 03:04:13 pm »

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
« Reply #7908 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 03:14:10 pm »
Apparently it's £50 cheaper at costco

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7909 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 03:19:57 pm »
Apparently it's £50 cheaper at costco

Get 5 year warranty at john Lewis.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
« Reply #7910 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 03:21:54 pm »
:thup: think it's the same at costy tho

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7911 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 03:30:45 pm »
:thup: think it's the same at costy tho

Fair enough.

I got 6 years at Richer Sounds.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #7912 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 04:03:20 pm »
Cheers people, gonna go and check out a few stores, f***ing hate shopping as well.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
« Reply #7913 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 04:09:23 pm »
then just buy the tv i told you using the link i posted

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #7914 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 04:21:24 pm »
then just buy the tv i told you using the link i posted

Want to have a look first man :lol:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
« Reply #7915 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 04:26:47 pm »

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #7916 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 06:58:02 pm »
Will do thanks, f***ing hell there are tellies on curries website for 10k, crazy.

I’m actually loathe to spend the kind of budget I’ve posted, but I don’t want something that lasts a year or has a s*** picture and isn’t a decent size and it’s one thing I’ve never invested in yet would pay 900 quid or whatever it was for my iPad.

I just want something decent for the living room to replace our giant but dated telly so we as a family can spend more time together watching things together or playing games (bought kids a Nintendo Switch for Xmas) rather than glued to our iPads all the time.

I don’t watch a lot of normal telly (none of us do) and we cancelled Sky, but we have Netflix and Amazon and me and the wife used to watch some shows together like Master Cheff and the kids are 5 and 6 now and I want to sit them down to watch some classic films like Home Alone, Back to the Future, Goonies, Gremlins etc. especially this time of year.

We all seem to when it comes to TV time turn to our iPads to watch s*** rather than together.

Dunno, just remember when I was a kid we would all sit around the telly to watch films or play on the Megadrive which I actually got last year on a job, boxed, amazing condition, but just looks s*** on our telly :D

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7917 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 07:11:48 pm »

For me it is :lol:

But nah, that seems about the going rate for the top of the line models these days. If you can afford it, go for it. Those OLEDs are apparently lush.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #7918 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 07:18:28 pm »
Semtex is absolutely right, listen to what he's saying.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
« Reply #7919 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 07:38:22 pm »
SIIIIIGNATURED

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #7920 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 07:40:41 pm »
I'd go as far as saying that only a moron wouldn't choose that telly at that price, it wipes the floor with ones two and three times its price.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Online HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #7921 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 07:41:57 pm »
A bit expensive but fairly sexy:

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2005-06-newcastle-away-l-s-shirt-solano-4-excellent-l.html

Be cheaper on Ebay. I'm still on the hunt for one of those training jumpers from between 1994-2003. Can never find one, anywhere. Only one on Ebay remotely close to my size is £200, like, ffs. :lol:
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #7922 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 07:50:56 pm »
Guarantees are obviously great, but we have home gadgets cover, would that cover a TV? 5 year guarantees mind on something so expensive should be standard from the manufacturer.

Wife wants a new telly, but doesn’t see the need to spend big on one which I’ll remind her about after Xmas when she shops for a new sofa to replace the one we have which just needs a bit of a clean for me.

I’m happy to wait after Xmas for a better deal in the sales, but I’d rather get it out the way sooner if I can, plus I’ve told my brother he can have the old one.

I hate buying things like this, I desperately need a new lap top as mines about 6 years old and slow as f***, but I’m dreading trying to install old programmes such as dreamweaver 3 and Pgotoshop 7 and s*** onto something which I’ll have to learn how to use as no doubt the windows on my laptop is version whatever now.

I’m not a technophobe in that new tech scares me, I’m just not one of these people like everyone else I know all seemingly at ease with technology, understanding it, mastering it and being bang up to date with what’s available from phones to gaming, laptops and TVs. f***ing coffee machines even.

That’s why I’ve stuck with the iPhone even though it’s s****. I do love my iPad though, but that’s because I’m familiar with it and does just about what I need from a tablet.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
« Reply #7923 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 08:15:16 pm »
Then just ignore all the s**** and buy the best TV you can get. Money doesn't buy happiness HTT. OLEDs do.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7924 on: Monday 17 December 2018, 08:19:14 pm »
Then just ignore all the s**** and buy the best TV you can get. Money doesn't buy happiness HTT. OLEDs do.

:lol: