Author Topic: Potential Materialism: The "What I might buy" Thread  (Read 465425 times)

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
Re: Potential Materialism: The "What I might buy" Thread
« Reply #8600 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 04:36:36 PM »
Anyone use a Phillips One Blade, or anything similar? @AyeDubbleYoo Do you still use one?

I cant bare shaving. I dont shave often, once a week maybe. I cant be arsed paying x amount for new blades and wet shaving even though it's not that frequent. I got a safety razor but that takes f***ing ages cos you have to be a bit careful. The forum remington is too big and cumbersome for face shaving and fires hairs everywhere.

I just want something where I can go in dry (ay up), not arse around having to soften the hairs beforehand or use foam or whatever, doesnt need the blade changing very often and brings the whole charade down to 2/3 minutes. One Blade seems to fit the bill. They say the blade needs changing after like 4 months, that true in practice?

We sit here stranded, though we're all doing our best to deny it

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #8601 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 04:37:56 PM »
Anyone use a Phillips One Blade, or anything similar? @AyeDubbleYoo Do you still use one?

I cant bare shaving. I dont shave often, once a week maybe. I cant be arsed paying x amount for new blades even though it's not that frequent. I got a safety razor but that takes f***ing ages cos you have to be a bit careful. The forum remington is tyoo big and cumbersome for face shaving and fires hairs everywhere.

I just want something where I can go in dry (ay up), not arse around having to soften the hairs or use foam or whatever, doesnt need the blade changing very often and brings the whole charade down to 2/3 minutes.
I just use harrys.  Its a fiver or month or something and always have more blades than I need and don't bother with shaving foam.  I just use a bit of shower gel and shave in the shower.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
« Reply #8602 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 05:52:41 PM »
Still use the OneBlade, yeah, it’s amazing.

Blades last me a fairly long time, I probably only shave about every 3 days or so.

If you wanted to be clean shaven every morning it might work out better to shave properly, but for convenience and a quick smarten up it’s fantastic.

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #8603 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 06:47:13 PM »
f*** shaving every day. Once a week is fine.  If i leave it longer than a week my "beard" looks f***ing awful. I need the best thing to take me from 6/7 day stubble to suitably short in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of f*** on possible. One Blade seems best option

Offline Stifleaay

• :thumb:
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #8604 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 07:19:47 PM »

I cant bare shaving. I dont shave often, once a week maybe. I cant be arsed paying x amount for new blades and wet shaving even though it's not that frequent. I got a safety razor but that takes f***ing ages cos you have to be a bit careful. The forum remington is too big and cumbersome for face shaving and fires hairs everywhere.

I just want something where I can go in dry (ay up), not arse around having to soften the hairs beforehand or use foam or whatever, doesnt need the blade changing very often and brings the whole charade down to 2/3 minutes. One Blade seems to fit the bill. They say the blade needs changing after like 4 months, that true in practice?
I’ve got one. I only use to to trim the edges.
I have had it for about 2 years, never changed the blade.
It’s good for trimming the edges and trimming down, not really that good at other stuff, although it is better than a lot of others out there that I have tried.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
« Reply #8605 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 07:41:32 PM »
Does my whole face, no problem at all. Very comfortable as well.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #8606 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 07:19:43 AM »
Check out f***ing Teen Wolf over here.

Offline Lazarus

• General Member
« Reply #8607 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 08:15:36 AM »
 :lol:

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #8608 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 12:26:37 PM »

I went electric after 40 years of wet shaving recently.
I use a Panasonic Wet & Dry Electric 3-Blade Shaver, which you can use 'dry' or you can use it in the shower.
Takes about the same amount of time, but no cuts.

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #8609 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 09:05:14 PM »
Looking for a couple of recommendations

1. An espresso machine - don’t really want to pay more than £100-£150. There’s  some on Amazon that get great reviews but some of the reviews are horrific. Can’t tell if it’s bots or legit.
2. 55-60” tv - probably £700 limit?
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #8611 on: Wednesday 3 February 2021, 04:36:21 PM »
Looking for a couple of recommendations

1. An espresso machine - don’t really want to pay more than £100-£150. There’s  some on Amazon that get great reviews but some of the reviews are horrific. Can’t tell if it’s bots or legit.
2. 55-60” tv - probably £700 limit?

You tried an Aeropress before? Results are wonderful for espresso/americano. I wouldn't bother with a machine in that price range, likely to be disappointed - particularly if it's one of those capsule ones. Reckon they're of poor quality personally.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #8612 on: Wednesday 3 February 2021, 05:11:50 PM »
That or Moka Pot and save yourself some cash, aye. Any espresso machine you buy will do the job of course but cheaper ones do make more insipid drinks in my experience (but will give you crema that the other two methods won't, if that's important to you). Moka Pot is the absolute finest way to make coffee at home IMO, once you get your timing and temperature right. Pods and capsules take all the fun and satisfaction out of the process and cost a fortune.

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #8613 on: Wednesday 3 February 2021, 05:26:33 PM »
Got an aeropress recently and quite underwhelmed with the strength and body of the coffee from them when compared with making coffee via other methods using the same stuff and amount. Doesn't seem an efficient way of getting as much from the grinds. Not sure whether that's because the pressure the water is forced through just pales in comparison to espresso and potential macchinettas. Put it in the cupboard and gone back to cafetierre. Gutted, I thought it was going to revolutionise my mornings.

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #8614 on: Wednesday 3 February 2021, 05:30:40 PM »
Surprised to hear that, I was using a french press before too and the difference in taste when I switched to Aeropress was significant.

Maybe give the inversion method a go? I tend to alternate as it gives differing, but equally pleasing results to my taste. Are your grounds fine enough?
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #8615 on: Wednesday 3 February 2021, 05:33:17 PM »
Biggest difference is that with a press the coffee is stewing and getting more and more bitter as it stands. Aeropress uses quite a lot of coffee for a good taste but it's much smoother.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8616 on: Wednesday 3 February 2021, 05:37:20 PM »
If I have time in the morning I prefer a pour over, but most days it’s the Aeropress for me.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #8617 on: Wednesday 3 February 2021, 05:40:02 PM »

Aye, I should have added to my post that obviously the attraction of coffee is its bitter taste anyway and some people prefer the additional bitterness added by a brewed drink to one made under pressure :thup:  I like both but I very rarely have filter/press/whatever these days.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #8619 on: Saturday 6 February 2021, 10:25:29 PM »
Big Helvetica fan, Discman?

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #8621 on: Saturday 27 February 2021, 02:37:39 PM »
Where I'd put it or why I have no idea but pretty cool for like 50 quid on Aliexpress now. Also looks relatively dangerous