Author Topic: Potential Materialism: The "What I might buy" Thread  (Read 448330 times)

Offline RS

• General Member
Re: Potential Materialism: The "What I might buy" Thread
« Reply #8425 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 02:37:49 PM »
Might buy a camper van to live in for a year or so once campsites start opening up. Don’t have to go abroad, can travel round quite cheaply, seems fun.

Always fancied this. A banger talbot version though, not the £60k plus jobs!  ‘Posh’ wild camping and fishing on the north coast of Scotland.
He’s here forever

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Sleestak 2020
« Reply #8426 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 02:41:10 PM »
Might buy a camper van to live in for a year or so once campsites start opening up. Don’t have to go abroad, can travel round quite cheaply, seems fun.

You can take the skinheads bowling.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #8427 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 03:14:56 PM »

Always fancied this. A banger talbot version though, not the £60k plus jobs!  ‘Posh’ wild camping and fishing on the north coast of Scotland.

There's Japanese ones like the Nissan Elgrand, come in from 10-20k. Saw a really nice one for £15k.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #8428 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 03:23:25 PM »
I've been wanting one since my parents bought one in NZ. Borrowed it off them every time I go out there and absolutely love the camper van life. Something very nice about the routines you get into; converting the van into the leisure mode when you get somewhere, converting it into sleeper mode before bed, then back into driving mode when you set off the next day. Spending each day at a different campsite and exploring the local area, ah its class man. I'd love to be able to afford one, especially living in scotland.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #8429 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 03:25:15 PM »
I've always wanted a camper van but the wife is too much a pain in the arse to go in one.  Reckons its too small.  The only option she would consider would be a static caravan but she would want on of the 100k ones the self-entitled bitch.

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Bam Bam.
« Reply #8430 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 03:26:15 PM »
:lol:
Soon you will find out the man I'm supposed to be.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #8431 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 03:30:14 PM »
I've always wanted a camper van but the wife is too much a pain in the arse to go in one.  Reckons its too small.  The only option she would consider would be a static caravan but she would want on of the 100k ones the self-entitled bitch.

:lol:

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #8432 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 03:31:21 PM »

Stuck in a tiny enclosed space with your wife and kids.

Sounds like heaven.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #8433 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 03:34:54 PM »

Stuck in a tiny enclosed space with your wife and kids.

Sounds like heaven.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #8434 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 03:41:49 PM »
Imagine the smell of Loki's campervan

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #8435 on: Thursday 21 May 2020, 06:08:43 PM »
Probably only take him 6 months before he's got enough metal to make a campervan out of tuna cans.

Offline Django

• General Member
« Reply #8436 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 11:18:41 PM »
Seriously considering a BOOX Note2, primarily for PDF reading. The Kindle that I have doesn't really cut it. The Ipad's screen is not suitable for reading.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZFH5YS2/?coliid=IIH2RMMWZABDG&colid=TQP4P9DNIJ2F&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Anyone got any experience with these things? It seems expensive for simple PDF reading but it does look ideal.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #8437 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 11:27:55 PM »

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #8438 on: Sunday 24 May 2020, 11:48:16 PM »
Seriously considering a BOOX Note2, primarily for PDF reading. The Kindle that I have doesn't really cut it. The Ipad's screen is not suitable for reading.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZFH5YS2/?coliid=IIH2RMMWZABDG&colid=TQP4P9DNIJ2F&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Anyone got any experience with these things? It seems expensive for simple PDF reading but it does look ideal.

f***ing hell that price! Looks class, though.

Offline Django

• General Member
« Reply #8439 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 12:01:10 AM »
I know man, that's why I haven't bit the bullet yet.

It's basically the same price as a new iPad Air but it's so much more useful for my purposes.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8440 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 12:06:53 AM »
I love E-ink for reading plain text, but much prefer my iPad for working with PDFs.

Offline Django

• General Member
« Reply #8441 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 12:13:12 AM »
PDFs with 100 pages of text though?

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8442 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 12:21:54 AM »
Usually 20-50 pages, quite figure heavy.  Lack of colour is a dealbreaker for me, but honestly never had an issue using an iPad to read or annotate.

Offline Django

• General Member
« Reply #8443 on: Monday 25 May 2020, 12:25:58 AM »
I find the iPad reflective screen to be a real strain on the eyes hence why I'm looking at this

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #8445 on: Wednesday 10 June 2020, 06:28:24 PM »
I've got an outside one I built and its truly awesome and really helped during lockdown but an inside bar will be just as awesome.  Do it

I want a tv for my new outside office/man cave does anyone have any recommendations.  I'm not bothered about it being too fancy so might just get something like this.

https://ao.com/product/ue50tu7000-samsung-tv-black-74417-108.aspx

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #8446 on: Wednesday 10 June 2020, 06:30:29 PM »

chopey

« Reply #8447 on: Wednesday 10 June 2020, 09:32:46 PM »
Bit the bullet and got the ascot with all the extras including back bar £700 including installation and delivery, looks like the Blade beer dispenser I want could cost another £500 though.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #8448 on: Wednesday 10 June 2020, 10:41:53 PM »
I've got a perfectdraft and it's outstanding and cost around 200. 11 pints or so per keg which is great, it last 30 days once tapped but that's less than a weekend for me normally.

Looks great though good choice and you will enjoy it.

chopey

« Reply #8449 on: Thursday 11 June 2020, 02:31:22 PM »
I've got a perfectdraft and it's outstanding and cost around 200. 11 pints or so per keg which is great, it last 30 days once tapped but that's less than a weekend for me normally.

Looks great though good choice and you will enjoy it.

Does that use the 5L kegs ? and can you buy them easily enough cos everywhere seems sold out just now