Author Topic: Potential Materialism: The "What I might buy" Thread  (Read 414024 times)

firetotheworks

Re: Potential Materialism: The "What I might buy" Thread
« Reply #125 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 12:11:11 AM »
I fancy one of those Mourinho coats that he wore at Chelsea. Obviously not an Armani one though. Any recommendations? I need to stay warm this winter....

A photo would help, but Topman/Marks & Spencer's/ASOS are the best bets at a guess.

Online Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #126 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 12:15:12 AM »

That type of thing. Thanks for the suggestions  :thup:

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #127 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 11:17:48 AM »
Aye, i need a coat n all. Found 2 in Next and French Connection in the Metro but neither are online or in any of the NCL stores which is a ball ache.

firetotheworks

« Reply #128 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 11:19:32 AM »

That type of thing. Thanks for the suggestions  :thup:

H&M are the only other shop I'd add to the list. Asos is probably your best bet.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #129 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 11:52:44 AM »

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #130 on: Friday 15 October 2010, 01:17:43 PM »
You're not actually going to buy Cubase or Ableton are you Barack? I second the Ableton love though.

Offline PCW1983

• General Member
  • I love my b****** dog.
Never give up - Winston Churchill

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #132 on: Saturday 16 October 2010, 07:52:26 PM »

aw man i almost bought these exact ones but then realised this fuckin dustpit i live in would destroy the suede in about 3 minutes  :(
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline wacko

• Ledge!
  • General Member
  • More poubelle
« Reply #133 on: Saturday 16 October 2010, 09:35:11 PM »
I fancy one of those Mourinho coats that he wore at Chelsea. Obviously not an Armani one though. Any recommendations? I need to stay warm this winter....

Matalan.
Just realized you aren't Dave, dick. Now I gotta actually do s***.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #134 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 02:06:18 PM »
After a decent and reasonably priced Blu-Ray player.

Any ideas?
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #135 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 02:28:57 PM »
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #136 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 04:35:55 PM »
Is this where I ask TT what TV I should get next?

Looking at something around 50 inch to buy in the next few months (or maybe just after Xmas). Would like something a bit special. Not sure if I'm fussed on 3D at home.

Offline SteveR

• General Member
« Reply #137 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 05:24:20 PM »

Offline Besty

• General Member
« Reply #138 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 08:31:17 PM »
After a car radio/CD with an aux port for cheap, any recommendations?
PSN: BestyNUFC
Twitter: BestyNUFC

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #139 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 08:38:07 PM »
After a car radio/CD with an aux port for cheap, any recommendations?

Steal one?
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #141 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 08:52:27 PM »
Is this where I ask TT what TV I should get next?

Looking at something around 50 inch to buy in the next few months (or maybe just after Xmas). Would like something a bit special. Not sure if I'm fussed on 3D at home.

Well, 3D is still in its infancy...so unless you really want it, it can wait.

What you using it for? Gaming and Sky/virgin...plus HD content from your future media sever?

If you've got the cash, Sony or Panasonic, if you want best value, Samsung.

The current LED Samsung models though experience some input lag which is noticeable and probably too much for a regular gamer, it's slightly fixed by gamer mode, but that restricts a lot of settings, colours etc...which for me isn't a work around at all.

how much is the budget?

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #142 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 09:00:13 PM »
Aye, Xbox, Cable TV & Boxee Box for 1080p Movies/TV Shows.

As far as Sony vs Panny vs Samsung, I really don't mind investing the cash if there is a real benefit to doing so, I'll have to start reading some material.

There is also the issue of me not knowing where i'll be living and therefore how big the living room will be, so perhaps if I'm in a tiny apartment, I buy a smaller (better) tv. However, in general I want to buy quality over buying a MASSIVE TV for the sake of it.

Budget is unspecified due to not knowing size, but generally I'll pay whatever, as long as it's a good deal.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #143 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 09:08:19 PM »
Aye, Xbox, Cable TV & Boxee Box for 1080p Movies/TV Shows.

As far as Sony vs Panny vs Samsung, I really don't mind investing the cash if there is a real benefit to doing so, I'll have to start reading some material.

There is also the issue of me not knowing where i'll be living and therefore how big the living room will be, so perhaps if I'm in a tiny apartment, I buy a smaller (better) tv. However, in general I want to buy quality over buying a MASSIVE TV for the sake of it.

Budget is unspecified due to not knowing size, but generally I'll pay whatever, as long as it's a good deal.

When do you think the purchase will happen, around xmas?

It's a tough call to spend a big chunk of a TV ATM imo, just as LED starts to settle down the 3D craze picks up, therefore tech will be changing a lot over the next couple of years...overall, probably the wrong time to buy a TV set with so much uncertainty, you stand to lose a lot of money whatever the option, unless you go for a Plasma which are big, cheap and excellent quality while not suffering from anywhere near the burn problems of older sets. you could pick up a 50" 1080p Plasma for £600, keep that for a couple of years and get half your money back no problem.

If my set went tomorrow, it would be my first option as a replacement, would that interest you or do you want the big shiny set now?

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #144 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 09:18:47 PM »
Massive Plasma would probably suit my preferences tbh. I dont need anything fancy on the set itself beyond amazing picture. I don't need any random internetty plugins I just want a quality display.

I'm awaiting clearance on a job in the States, so it'll be for whatever potential apartment I end up with over there, if I indeed get my visa. So I need to learn what shops are worth looking at Stateside.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #145 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 10:26:53 PM »
Massive Plasma would probably suit my preferences tbh. I dont need anything fancy on the set itself beyond amazing picture. I don't need any random internetty plugins I just want a quality display.

I'm awaiting clearance on a job in the States, so it'll be for whatever potential apartment I end up with over there, if I indeed get my visa. So I need to learn what shops are worth looking at Stateside.

You might be best waiting till you get over there. Sure TV's are cheaper, plus your shipping etc...

You could go for the best of the best plasma: http://whathifi.com/Review/Panasonic-TX-P50V20/

Around £1300

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #146 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 10:33:10 PM »

You might be best waiting till you get over there. Sure TV's are cheaper, plus your shipping etc...

You could go for the best of the best plasma: http://whathifi.com/Review/Panasonic-TX-P50V20/

Around £1300

Oh I definitely will be waiting till I get over there, I'm just putting in the ground work now so that as soon as I hit US soil I can head straight to Best Buy and get my brand new 85" TV :D

I just sold my current TV, as it's not worth shipping a TV across there, it was an emotional moment. I'm gonna miss her. (Especially for the next few weeks while I use this ridiculously small Sony TV. 1080p at 19inch, what the f*** is the point :lol:

I'd be more than up for getting something like that TV you linked, but I assume that's not gonna be available in the US, given that it's freesat etc. Need to find US equvalent.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #147 on: Sunday 17 October 2010, 11:32:23 PM »
I could do with a recommendation for some decent portable mini speakers for my new netbook...if any of you guys have expert knowledge of what to go for. Cheers! :thup:
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline adam

• General Member
  • Thoroughly blue veining
« Reply #148 on: Monday 18 October 2010, 12:04:03 PM »

http://www.play.com/Clothing/T-Shirts/4-/11082226/Clunge-Men/Product.html?P36=RJHWCM

The irony in that tshirt is that anyone who would wear something like that would be the type of person NEVER to get clunge.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #149 on: Monday 18 October 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
Right guys, I live in a complete shithole of a house, too many kids with the family fostering etc and I'm tired of living in it. What are the best cleaning items out there? Considering a steam cleaner, but pretty much every one I've looked at has s*** reviews. Anyone got any knowledge? I know f*** all about cleaning products :lol: