Author Topic: Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread  (Read 290939 times)

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
Re: Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread
« Reply #5425 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 04:22:18 PM »
Is it worth looking at UV 3D printers or is it still best to go for an exstrudel?  Considering getting a cheapo Aliexpress one for sub 200 quid just to p*ss about with, maybe print some disc golf markers.

It's fair to say I'm far from an expert on the subject. I got a Prusa Mini on the basis of some romantic Prusa YouTube videos. And I think the UV printers are more for precise figurine kinda work, no?

I like it, and I've been doing all sorts of pointless s*** with it. But I'm not sure if there's value in the "premium" Prusa brand over the chinesey options. Either way you're gonna be thrown straight into the fire and have to work out how to troubleshoot. Maintaining this thing is an absolute f***ing ballache.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #5426 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 04:45:57 PM »
Yeah, constructing them seems a pain in the arse, the UV ones are for smaller stuff but seem to have less stuff to assemble and/or go wrong.

Offline POOT 2.0

• General Member
  • Release notes: Minor improvements and bug fixes!
« Reply #5427 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 05:48:41 PM »
The only things stopping me buying a UV printer was the resin smell around my old place. I went with the normal extruder type and modded to direct extrusion etc.

I might get a UV one, as I'll just keep it in the new garage. More accurate, quicker (I think), and even cooler :lol:

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #5428 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 12:41:17 PM »
Now got my eye on a knock off LEGO (LEPIN) Super Virginty Destroyer.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #5429 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 12:57:06 PM »
All,

I have purchased a bosch hmd8451uc microwave drawer. It was upsettingly expensive but the Amazon basics 700W piece of s*** needs to go.

That is all.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Year of the Sleestak
« Reply #5430 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 01:00:57 PM »
All,

I have purchased a bosch hmd8451uc microwave drawer. It was upsettingly expensive but the Amazon basics 700W piece of s*** needs to go.

That is all.

POIDH

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #5431 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 01:12:23 PM »
I can show you the order confirmation? Or the gap in the kitchen cabinet in which the new microwave will reside?

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #5432 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 01:15:08 PM »
:lol: That's a lot of money for a microwave. I hope it does lots of stuff.
Articles, articles, articles, rather you remain unremarkable.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #5433 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 01:23:15 PM »
Side note for Americans: I’m buying this from Greentoe, y’all should check it out. It’s a site where you “name your price” and then it goes to an array of authorized retailers to accept that price/counter your offer. I think it’s probably best for appliances and TVs etc, but it’s definitely worth a gander.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #5434 on: Wednesday 6 January 2021, 01:24:08 PM »
:lol: That's a lot of money for a microwave. I hope it does lots of stuff.

Didn’t you watch the marketing video? It’s versatile AF. It’s a microwave AND a warming drawer.