Author Topic: The Apple Thread  (Read 112891 times)

Online ManDoon

• General Member
  • pls die DT
Re: The Apple Thread
« Reply #6500 on: Sunday 3 January 2021, 12:10:30 PM »
Got a 12 mini last week. Absolutely love it tbh
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
« Reply #6501 on: Sunday 3 January 2021, 12:24:55 PM »
Had that in mind for my next phone. 8+ is still fine though, I probably don’t really need to change it.

Online ManDoon

• General Member
  • pls die DT
« Reply #6502 on: Sunday 3 January 2021, 12:43:09 PM »
My 7 was just about dying. It’s such a nice phone. Perfect size imo
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #6503 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 12:03:45 PM »
Any Apple Watch users here? Tempted to get one, primarily for leading a more active life, but also to de-tether myself from my phone. Would be interested to hear everyone’s experiences.

The wife and myself got Apple watches at the end of 2019, but apart from being alerted via the watch when a call or a message come in - assuming that your phone isn't within reach - and the ECG option, we haven't really 'unleashed' the potential.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #6504 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 01:05:12 PM »
Any Apple Watch users here? Tempted to get one, primarily for leading a more active life, but also to de-tether myself from my phone. Would be interested to hear everyone’s experiences.
If you are into activity and fitness then it’s great as it helps you keep updated on your progress, as well as sharing your progress with others.

Aside from that it’s good for notifications and things like Apple Pay which is easier that getting your phone out, however I’m not sure those little conveniences are enough for everyone to buy it if they aren’t interested in the health related stuff.

If you are not interested in measuring your blood oxygen levels are ECG readings, then the SE version would be a good option which is cheaper.

In all honesty I echo Semtex’s view. It’s great for notifications and tracking fitness, however if you are sat at home and not active as you usually are and that’s not going to change, then it would be best to wait until the situation changes, maybe by then a new one will be out again.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #6505 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 01:43:31 PM »
If you are into activity and fitness then it’s great as it helps you keep updated on your progress, as well as sharing your progress with others.

Aside from that it’s good for notifications and things like Apple Pay which is easier that getting your phone out, however I’m not sure those little conveniences are enough for everyone to buy it if they aren’t interested in the health related stuff.

If you are not interested in measuring your blood oxygen levels are ECG readings, then the SE version would be a good option which is cheaper.

In all honesty I echo Semtex’s view. It’s great for notifications and tracking fitness, however if you are sat at home and not active as you usually are and that’s not going to change, then it would be best to wait until the situation changes, maybe by then a new one will be out again.

To be completely honest with you, we paid about £300 for each of the watches, and they'll most definitely be on the Apple conveyor belt of obsoletion soon.
So we wish we'd bought some 'decent' analogue watches for those prices, and at least they'd be useful for a while longer

Offline Shadow Puppets

• General Member
« Reply #6506 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 01:45:45 PM »

I’m actually considering one BECAUSE I’ve been so less active recently. Hoping that something trackable and gamified might make me be more active instead of sitting at my desk 8 hours of the day.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
« Reply #6507 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 01:55:43 PM »
The reminders to stand up do work on me, I usually get up when it prods me.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #6508 on: Monday 4 January 2021, 03:55:08 PM »

I’m actually considering one BECAUSE I’ve been so less active recently. Hoping that something trackable and gamified might make me be more active instead of sitting at my desk 8 hours of the day.
Yeah, if you ambition is to do activity then it can be a good foundation to build upon to get you active, however as I say with gyms shut and such it’s not going to do much use if you then aren’t able to exercise.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 04:32:43 PM by Stifleaay »

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #6509 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 12:06:20 PM »

Yeah, if you ambition is to do activity then it can be a good foundation to build upon to get you active, however as I say with gums shut and such it’s not going to do much use if you then aren’t able to exercise.

I thought you were referring to a feature I'd missed...