Poll

Which date can you make

Sunday 12th December
Sunday 19th December
Both
None
The "Pilko" Option

Author Topic: IFA Challenge Cup 2010/11 - R1: Motherwell (a) Jan 15th  (Read 36332 times)

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
Re: IFA Challenge Cup 2010/11 - R1: Motherwell (a) Jan 15th
« Reply #250 on: Monday 17 January 2011, 07:00:37 pm »
Kev - I think Greg's understandable comments were made towards these types of posts, no doubt made with the best intentions but seemingly forgotten when the time came round to play the match:

I will play.  I will do everything i can to be off for the game

Same.

I can confirm that I will be in attendance for this fixture regardless of location :-)

I took a bit of stick from one or two on here for asking people only to commit to games when they were almost certain they could play (i.e. only illness or last minute emergency would cause them to drop-out) - unfortunately, we were faced with the near prospect of having to cancel the game and let the Motherwell lads down because people were backing down for various reasons, when they'd known about the match for several weeks.

With a run of home games coming up, there's a good opportunity for those who are interested or who want to find out more about NOFC to come along and try it out :)

Tall Striker

« Reply #251 on: Monday 17 January 2011, 07:04:56 pm »
Kev - I think Greg's understandable comments were made towards these types of posts, no doubt made with the best intentions but seemingly forgotten when the time came round to play the match:

I will play.  I will do everything i can to be off for the game

Same.

I can confirm that I will be in attendance for this fixture regardless of location :-)

I took a bit of stick from one or two on here for asking people only to commit to games when they were almost certain they could play (i.e. only illness or last minute emergency would cause them to drop-out) - unfortunately, we were faced with the near prospect of having to cancel the game and let the Motherwell lads down because people were backing down for various reasons, when they'd known about the match for several weeks.

With a run of home games coming up, there's a good opportunity for those who are interested or who want to find out more about NOFC to come along and try it out :)

:thup:

Frazzle_MFC

« Reply #252 on: Thursday 20 January 2011, 01:46:16 pm »
Alright lads- meant to come on sooner but I've been a bit frantic arranging this nightmare trip to Wimbledon!

Just a quick note to say a massive thanks for making the journey up in difficult circumstances - just noticed the effort you went to to put a team out so I'm really grateful to you for that. As I was saying to Stu after the game, I don't think the result (I think it was only 8 if that makes you feel any better) was really fair as you didn't have the best of starts, possibly not helped by your early starts in the morning and after that it was always in danger of getting a bit daft as Stu said in his earlier post. I felt really sorry for your goalie as he made a few good saves later on but everyone will naturally remember the earlier mistakes. Your play certainly meritted a couple of goals but it was clear from early on it just wasn't going to be your day.

It's a shame you boys couldn't have stayed for a night out, but like I said to the boys who made it back to the pub, you are welcome in Motherwell anytime, whether it's for a game or a night on the p*ss - just give me a shout!

Cheers lads.