Author Topic: Comic Books/Movies/TV  (Read 224632 times)

Groo and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mattypnufc

• Resident shirt designer extraordinaire
  • General Member
Re: Comic Books/Movies/TV
« Reply #5775 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 09:43:54 AM »
Read somewhere that they brought the release forward, as it was supposed to be released later in the year and somehow maybes link in with the new Dr Strange/Captain Marvel storylines. Watched the second episode. It’s very interesting and totally different. Imagine kids watching it and thinking ‘what the hell?’ when expecting shooty fighty pew pew.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #5776 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 10:35:53 AM »
Read somewhere that they brought the release forward, as it was supposed to be released later in the year and somehow maybes link in with the new Dr Strange/Captain Marvel storylines. Watched the second episode. It’s very interesting and totally different. Imagine kids watching it and thinking ‘what the hell?’ when expecting shooty fighty pew pew.
@Vieu ;) :lol:

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #5777 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 02:03:12 PM »

They moved it up to December 2020 from an Early 2021 release (still the first show) and then moved it back to Early 2021.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #5778 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 03:50:52 PM »
This meme encapsulates how I feel when discussing this show with friends:

Spoiler
[close]

:lol:
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #5779 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 08:02:01 PM »

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5780 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 08:21:56 PM »
why are they releasing a longer version of a very mediocre film?

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #5781 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 08:48:50 PM »

One of the original director’s Zach Snyder kids committed suicide.

Another director Joss Whedon came in and changed almost everything.

People have been petitioning for years to be allowed to see the film the original director wanted to make.

So it will be an almost completely different course corrected film.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #5782 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 08:57:18 PM »

One of the original director’s Zach Snyder kids committed suicide.

Another director Joss Whedon came in and changed almost everything.

People have been petitioning for years to be allowed to see the film the original director wanted to make.

So it will be an almost completely different course corrected film.

The director is Zack Snyder, the guy who has never managed to do a good story and always has been style over substance. The only difference will be all the joke-y bits Whedon put in will have been removed and the black actor who originally had a large part will be shown more on screen since Snyder isn't a closeted racist.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #5783 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 10:07:56 PM »

They moved it up to December 2020 from an Early 2021 release (still the first show) and then moved it back to Early 2021.
Falcon and Winter Soldier was originally planned to be the first series.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #5784 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 10:56:50 PM »
Whedon is the ultimate huckster. f*** that farce. I remember calling him out years ago!

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #5785 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 11:10:24 PM »

Falcon and Winter Soldier was originally planned to be the first series.

My bad, I keep forgetting that exists :lol:

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5786 on: Monday 18 January 2021, 08:05:22 PM »
Liz Olson in that second ep.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #5787 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 03:32:08 AM »
Aye [emoji38] she's unreal.
Bearings Straight!

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5788 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 03:35:30 AM »
What's the actual premise of the show?

All I know is that it has Kathryn Hahn in it and that's pretty much enough for me to watch almost anything.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #5789 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 03:40:45 AM »
What's the actual premise of the show?

All I know is that it has Kathryn Hahn in it and that's pretty much enough for me to watch almost anything.

If you've not read some specific fringe Marvel comics runs then it's essentially impossible to get a grasp of the show until later.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5790 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 03:51:33 AM »
So it's a show literally about nothing...but will be about something eventually?

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #5791 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 04:00:44 AM »
Yeah, essentially :lol: I've happened to read (what I assume) the comic storyline this likely is based on. Naturally it won't be just as the comics, as they need to make it fit the MCU, so I can piece stuff together - but you essentially need to be a bit of a Marvel nerd to appreciate the Marvel parts. However, I fully enjoy the ride through the different sitcom decades. Nine episodes, so assume they'll be doing sitcoms until ep 7/8 with more and more of the outside story thrown into the mix as we go along.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5792 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 04:04:20 AM »
Sounds s***.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #5793 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 04:05:48 AM »
It's somehow not, as long as you are interested in sitcom history.

The Marvel story will be well worth it in the end if it is what I think it is. If so it's perhaps the most ambitious storytelling attempt for a TV show I'll have witnessed.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #5794 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 04:19:36 AM »
So it's a show literally about nothing...but will be about something eventually?

Yes and no.

Stuff is already happening, little bits here and there - I imagine more and more cracks in the reality will appear each episode as the pieces come together. 

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 04:39:07 AM by Pandamninator »
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #5795 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 04:35:59 AM »

Yes and no.

Stuff is already happening, little bits here and there - I imagine more and more cracks in the reality will appear each episode as the pieces come together. 
Spoiler
[close]

Put stuff in spoilers or they'll hang you,

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #5796 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 04:40:33 AM »

Yes and no.

Spoiler
[close]

Put stuff in spoilers or they'll hang you,

Luckily Scomo has shut the borders, so I can't be touched in Australia.

Snape killed Dumbledore.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5797 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 07:36:13 AM »
It's somehow not, as long as you are interested in sitcom history.

The Marvel story will be well worth it in the end if it is what I think it is. If so it's perhaps the most ambitious storytelling attempt for a TV show I'll have witnessed.

When you say sitcom history, do you specifically mean American sitcoms, or will there be Fawlty Towers and Blackadder references?  Would definitely watch it if Vision and Scarlet Witch were priests on a remote Irish island.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #5798 on: Friday 22 January 2021, 09:30:13 PM »
That was a great episode.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5799 on: Thursday 28 January 2021, 05:47:38 PM »
Netflix adaptation of Sandman coming.  Cast includes Brienne of Tarth, Tywin Lannister and Chabuddy G.