Author Topic: Comic Books/Movies/TV  (Read 179518 times)

Offline O'Neill

• General Member
Re: Comic Books/Movies/TV
« Reply #5600 on: Tuesday 24 March 2020, 08:33:11 AM »
Got Disney+ for the boys (read: me) to help during the lockdown,and what have you. £49 for a year seemed okay.

Appalled I have zeeeero memory of this Spiderman Unlimited cartoon from 1999. Half an episode in, it's not as good as the other Spiderman animated series from the 90s, but it's fun enough.

Vaguely remember this as the one where he travels to a parallel Earth and everyone has animal heads or something. Pretty sure it was short-lived.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #5601 on: Tuesday 24 March 2020, 08:36:11 AM »
Got Disney+ for the boys (read: me) to help during the lockdown,and what have you. £49 for a year seemed okay.

Appalled I have zeeeero memory of this Spiderman Unlimited cartoon from 1999. Half an episode in, it's not as good as the other Spiderman animated series from the 90s, but it's fun enough.

Vaguely remember this as the one where he travels to a parallel Earth and everyone has animal heads or something. Pretty sure it was short-lived.

A kindness. There was a decent other one called Spectacular Spiderman which was really good with Tombstone as the main antagonist. Not sure if it's on Disney+ though.

Offline Weznufc

• General Member
« Reply #5602 on: Tuesday 24 March 2020, 07:23:20 PM »
Wonder Woman 84 has been moved to august 14th for those that are interested.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #5603 on: Tuesday 24 March 2020, 07:41:36 PM »
Would there not be a killing to be made from a studio releasing one of these delayed blockbusters on all home streaming formats for say £10 a pop?

Especially a marvel outing line Black Widow.

Guess not or they'd have already done it.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5604 on: Tuesday 24 March 2020, 08:34:56 PM »
Would there not be a killing to be made from a studio releasing one of these delayed blockbusters on all home streaming formats for say £10 a pop?

£10 is nothing compared to £5 per person (and in a lot of places double that) for a cinema ticket. A family of two adults and two children will be spending £20 to £40 on cinema tickets. They'll also sell the digital version after the cinema release is over and then sell it to streaming services (or put it on their own e.g. Disney+). No £100M+ blockbuster will be going straight to digital/streaming.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #5605 on: Tuesday 24 March 2020, 08:36:42 PM »

£10 is nothing compared to £5 per person (and in a lot of places double that) for a cinema ticket. A family of two adults and two children will be spending £20 to £40 on cinema tickets. They'll also sell the digital version after the cinema release is over and then sell it to streaming services (or put it on their own e.g. Disney+). No £100M+ blockbuster will be going straight to digital/streaming.

No one will be buying Cinema tickets anytime soon.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5606 on: Tuesday 24 March 2020, 08:47:59 PM »
Correct but in a year they probably will be. All new film productions are on hold so the completed films will fill the gap while the halted films are finished. Putting a $7m film ('The Invisible Man', 'The Hunt') on early digital release is very different to doing the same with a $200m 'Black Widow'.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #5607 on: Tuesday 24 March 2020, 08:52:41 PM »
It's not like they're shooting films at the moment, they need to keep stuff behind so they have something to put in the cinemas when they reopen.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #5608 on: Tuesday 24 March 2020, 09:22:29 PM »
The first big film after this is over is going to make so much money man.
Cinema is probably what I miss the most so far tbh.