Author Topic: Comic Books/Movies/TV  (Read 137046 times)

ObiChrisKenobi

Comic Books/Movies/TV
« on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 06:03:19 pm »
The winner is: ELIZABETH OLSEN

After three days the top three goes to the final. f*** anyone saying something else. Go f*** yourself before posting that you disagree with this system. f*** outta here.

Other than that, woo! :aww:

Didn't include characters that only have a tiny, tiny, ass part. Such as Greer and Munn. Deal with it.

And they are obviously in the order of the poll. Number one is top left, number two is second from the left in the top row and so on. You all f***ing understand it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 24 January 2017, 07:26:08 pm by Kaizero »

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
Re: Comic Book/Comic Movies Thread
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 06:14:30 pm »
Andrew Garfield is the new Spider-Man.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 06:16:42 pm »
That was a question in last week's pub quiz!

Apparently Fantastic Four is getting a reboot too. Strange they'd reboot the franchises only a few years after the last movies were released. Just comes across as desperation to keep milking the cash cow.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 06:23:50 pm »
The Avengers is very interesting, as it's Joss Whedon who writes/directs it, and it ties up closely with both the Iron Man, Thor and the Captain America film franchises.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 08:00:26 pm »
The Avengers is very interesting, as it's Joss Whedon who writes/directs it, and it ties up closely with both the Iron Man, Thor and the Captain America film franchises.

Internet's favourite Son. Personally think he's over rated and dated.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 08:06:37 pm »
Buffy, Angel, Toy Story (Second writer), Titan A.E., Firefly, Serenity and Dr. Horrible = Gold.

Dollhouse and Alien: Resurrection = Utter tosh.

7 good vs. 2 bad. Don't really see where he's overrated myself, tbh. The Cabin in the Woods looks very strong as well.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 08:10:15 pm »
Sorry Kaiz.  :okay:
« Last Edit: Monday 7 May 2012, 07:48:56 pm by OCK »

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 08:16:41 pm »
Everybody have different taste, which is fair enough. Your comment about Firefly made me certain I don't want to continue a discussion about Joss Whedon with you, though. :lol:

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #8 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 08:21:35 pm »

Back on track:

Hopefully Deadpool (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/) is decent and breaks the '4th wall' in the movie. Though Ryan Reynolds is another two characters in the comic universe actor!
« Last Edit: Monday 7 May 2012, 07:49:04 pm by OCK »

Offline Weezertron

• General Member
  • I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum. NE12.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 12:09:43 am »
Ryan Reynolds should have just played The Flash and called it a day. I do like him from back in the Two Guys and a Girl days, and with The Flash being my favoured hero I reckon he would have been perfect for Wally West, in that cheeky charming way.

Also on a related note -
Eric from True Blood should have been cast as Thor.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 10:34:54 am »
Should Batman be mentioned in here, or does that go in the good movies thread?  :shifty:
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

elbee909

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 11:31:39 am »

Internet's favourite Son. Personally think he's over rated and dated.

Absolutely.  I think he just does dreck.  He does it kind of well, but it's still dreck.

Offline Noisewater

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 12:56:08 pm »
The fact you've just over-rated him!

Angel was really hit and miss, Titan AE  was toss, Firefly was so good it lasted a whole season! Even Buffy died on its arse after 4 seasons in terms of enjoyment.

Firefly was a fantastic show.

And like a number of Whedon's shows had a great ensemble cast, which is one of the reasons I think he is a good choice for The Avengers.

So many movies with a large number of characters, end up sidelining half of them. I'm hopeful that Whedon will be able to produce a movie that let's all of the characters shine.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 12:59:08 pm »
« Last Edit: Monday 7 May 2012, 07:49:13 pm by OCK »

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 01:20:58 pm »
I chose the wrong place to air my views about the internet's darling Joss Whedon. DAMN YOU INTERNET!  :lol:

Have you ever read a Joss Whedon script? It's like nothing else, just brilliant.

And you mean "people who know's good TV's darling Joss Whedon". Easy mistake to make.  O0

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 01:23:28 pm »
« Last Edit: Monday 7 May 2012, 07:49:21 pm by OCK »

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 01:31:07 pm »
Have you seen Dr. Horrible? It's pop culture at it's finest. Regardless, of course shows from many years ago feels dated now as pop culture always changes. He flopped with Dollhouse, sure. But all the other criticism is just based on nothing given just how big and critically acclaimed his other shows have been. He's only really done Dr. Horrible and Dollhouse since Serenity (2005), so I don't see where any criticism should come from even though, as I said, Dollhouse bombed. It's not just Internet people who like him, he was around before Internet became "big" you know. It just all screams of an easy excuse to critique someone you're not too fond of for whatever reason (most likely personal taste) and just saying it's just Internet nerds that like him, which is quite far from the truth.

In fact, a lot of his scripts are being used as the template of how to write a good script when you attend a screenwriter's course. Any critique against him for anything else than Dollhouse and Alien: Ressurection will always be down to personal taste differing from Whedon's style as even if you aren't fond of his shows it's still the first place to go if you want to know how a well written show is done.

Personal taste = Fair enough.
Trying to make a point saying a man that's only really done two things since 2005 (one an award winning web-series) is dated and only Internet geeks like him. =  :dowie: Of course shows that are six years and older will be dated today.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 01:36:48 pm »
Granted, we can't really discuss this particular fact given your (apparent) main critique is that he's "dated" and "only Internet geeks like him". It's a dead end argument, so let's just move on to something else. :lol:

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 01:39:35 pm »
Ant-Man is the latest superhero to get a film commissioned.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 01:42:04 pm »

Ant-Man is the latest superhero to get a film commissioned.

Long been rumoured that Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish (from Adam and Joe) would be writing and directing that!
« Last Edit: Monday 7 May 2012, 07:49:32 pm by OCK »

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 02:10:02 pm »

Personal taste = Fair enough.
Trying to make a point saying a man that's only really done two things since 2005 (one an award winning web-series) is dated and only Internet geeks like him. =  :dowie: Of course shows that are six years and older will be dated today.

Dollhouse was terrible.
Firefly didn't feel fresh at all. Can't understand people's love for it. A Western in Space, I get it, but the characters and the plot were just.. average (at best). As for the 'he was around before the internet was big' comment. He was around for the vocal internet's youth, they grow up on Buffy, and now champion him on the internet 10 years on.

Its not so much the content of the pop culture reference he used that dates the show, its the fact that he always goes for it. I associate it with the MTV 90s cheap TV. I need a joke, OK, I know, random pop culture quip, everyone loves them and they're easy to write!

Dr. Horrible is the web series, not Dollhouse.

Now to translate the opening bit of your post:
Firefly didn't feel fresh at all to me. I can't understand why people like other things than me.
Your comment about the Internet geekdom is still just silly. What about LOST, if any recent show has had an online geekdom it's that show. Or Smallville. Or Supernatural. Or The OC. Or One Tree Hill. Can you see the pattern? It's shows aimed at tweenies. (With the exception of LOST), with the way Internet is being used today these shows tend to be discussed a lot online, as other things that people enjoy (such as NUFC and football in general for one). There's actually very few people left that are hardcore Whedon lovers online these days as they've moved on. Sure, there are Buffy/Angel lovers, but these as well did not enjoy Dollhouse. It's really quite simple, you don't like Whedon and don't rate his shows as "good". Why try to label it as something else? There's loads of people I don't enjoy the work of, I don't try to make up s*** about their fans only being Internet geeks. I just say I'm not too fond of that particular person and/or film/show.

There's fans of everything online, to single out one of the smaller groups (at the moment) and try to use them as an argument as to why you're not a fan of someone is downright silly. The issue is clear, as said before, you're just not a fan of Whedon and thus you don't enjoy discussing Whedon. Hence everyone that does enjoy Whedon is an "Internet geek", just as every person supporting, say, Chelsea, is a mindless fuckwit. (just an example, you've not said that.)

How do I fall into the group of a Whedon Internet Geek by the way? I mention on here why I am a fan of his and why I enjoy his work. I don't go around all over the net proclaiming my love for him, I don't throw his name into every other sentence unless it's the subject of conversation. I enjoyed LOST, and when that's the subject of conversation I talk about why I like LOST. I enjoy The Sopranos, and when that is the subject of conversation I enjoy talking about just why I love that show. These are all shows that are created by people I like, and that I one day hope to be at least 1% as good as when it comes to what I do. If it's the subject of conversation in everyday life as well, or during work, I also enjoy talking about it, because it's something that interests me and I enjoy. To try to use an argument that because I like Whedon I'm an "Internet geek" is insulting, and quite frankly based on nothing else than your own particular like/dislike of said person. You don't enjoy his style, hence everybody else that does is wrong. Don't you see how that's an incorrect way to go about things?

I could go on and use other examples as well, but then again, if I did anyone who enjoyed these examples would probably be an Internet geek as well. It's YEARS since Whedon was the king of the Internet, man. It was back when his good shows were still on air. If you want to start saying someone is the "champion of the Internets" you'd be better off saying it's J.J. Abrams, because at least he's still a hot topic when television or movies are being discussed.

And if you knew anything about writing, you'd know that to get in a pop culture reference that work is f***ing hard, not easy. :lol:

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #21 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 02:12:25 pm »
« Last Edit: Monday 7 May 2012, 07:49:45 pm by OCK »

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 02:13:34 pm »
Star-ving with David Faustino is another award winning web-series, I reckon David Faustino is the champion of all geeks as well.

And your mind isn't set, your mind is wrong. And so wrong it feels incredibly frustrating when people have that particular set of thoughts towards something. It's like someone continually proclaiming "should have" should be written as "should of" as it's the correct way of spelling it.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 02:16:27 pm »
Of course it goes from discussing both Whedon and yourself, as I'm trying to get a point about him through to you. Thus I need to use yourself and your opinion as an example put up against the truth about what you claim is facts about any Whedon fan. If I lose credibility trying to get you to understand what the difference between personal opinion and general facts about someone is, then so be it.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #24 on: Sunday 26 September 2010, 02:17:51 pm »
« Last Edit: Monday 7 May 2012, 07:49:55 pm by OCK »