Author Topic: NHL 2017-18 - F*ck off, B-More.  (Read 72530 times)

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
NHL 2017-18 - F*ck off, B-More.
« on: Thursday 16 September 2010, 09:03:20 pm »
Capitals 9/2 faves to win the Stanley Cup, Penguis 5/1, Blackhawks 6/1, Canucks 8/1, Red Wings 9/1.

For the benefit of the Gimpmaster the Leafs are 50/1 and my own Wild are 125/1.

Prices courtesy of Bet365.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: Friday 8 June 2018, 04:11:18 am by Mike »

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
Re: NHL 2010/2011 - Pre-season matches start 21st September
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 September 2010, 09:07:11 pm »
Hopeing Leafs will make the playoffs we are top oheavy on D men and cant shift Kabrele by all accounts, gagging for a goal scorer to help Kessel.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 September 2010, 09:11:06 pm »
Ducks.

f*** off, Mike.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • #votekaka2018
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 September 2010, 09:13:50 pm »
I've got Red Wings top :thup: that is all.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 September 2010, 09:25:26 pm »
I've got Red Wings top :thup: that is all.

You are now known as Dr Percival Ulysses Cox M.D.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 16 September 2010, 09:31:55 pm »
go penguins.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline QBG

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 September 2010, 10:07:47 pm »
Go Rangers.

Offline Karjala

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 16 September 2010, 10:16:17 pm »
Nice Hawks odds....
Nothing will change under Fat Cashley.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 09:16:24 am »
Leafs face off against Montreal tomorrow night.  I really fancy getting espn in.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 09:22:32 am »
I love ESPN, I watch it more than Sky Sports. I have been following the Blackhawks for a few years now, since the Whitley Warriors totally rip them off, but think I'll keep an eye out for the Dallas Stars this time round.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 10:26:49 am »
You used to watch the warriors?

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 10:29:23 am »
Still do when it doesn't clash with other things. Sharing the Ice with the Newcastle Vipers now, which is strange, not sure how Whitley Bay Ice Rink is going to hold out with all that action. Hopefully the Vipers put some extra money towards Ice Management.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 10:57:05 am »
Still do when it doesn't clash with other things. Sharing the Ice with the Newcastle Vipers now, which is strange, not sure how Whitley Bay Ice Rink is going to hold out with all that action. Hopefully the Vipers put some extra money towards Ice Management.

Aye, its a hame.  I really dont think the area can cope with two teams support wise.

Offline Weezertron

• General Member
  • I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum. NE12.
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 10:59:29 am »

The vipers play at Whitley Bay? That's a bit of a step down like. Do you know how long that's been happening and why?

I used to watch the Warriors like as my uncle always got free tickets. I started training to play Ice Hockey there when I was younger (inspired by The Mighty Ducks). Was fun. Wonder if they still have that little tuck shop.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 10:59:39 am »
Warriors will always be around they have a pretty strong support and the tickets are cheaper, and you actually get to see a team win things! Just never took to the Vipers.

The vipers play at Whitley Bay? That's a bit of a step down like. Do you know how long that's been happening and why?

I used to watch the Warriors like as my uncle always got free tickets. I started training to play Ice Hockey there when I was younger (inspired by The Mighty Ducks). Was fun. Wonder if they still have that little tuck shop.

Actually, it was a really kind gesture from Whitley Bay Ice Rink. Newcastle Arena pretty much had the Vipers bottom of the rung when it came at assigning time to use the Arena, so Vipers were finding it really hard to get practices and matches into the schedule. So Whitley Bay offered them a life line last year, where the Vipers finished their last few games of the season.

I can see where Newcastle Arena were coming from, but it was still a shitty thing to do, and it seems that there was very little negotiation/communication between the two about what was going to happen for this season. So Vipers decided to go with Whitley Bay. It might seem a step down, but the smaller environment of Whitley Bay is great for Ice Hockey games, and Vipers never really had great attendances at the Arena (one of the reasons they were so low on the ladder of who could use it when).

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 11:02:15 am »

They do!

I also bought my NY Rangers top for Whitley last year.

Offline QBG

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 11:35:39 am »
Where's Mike? This and Newcastle are the only two things we agree on. MIKE! MIKE!

Online Shak

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 11:42:05 am »
So, Avalanche likely to be any good?

I've decided to take an interest this year. :lol:

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 12:00:24 pm »
I dunno mate, they did ok last season as Anderson was inspired form.

I think they are still rebuilding at the moment but like I said they did make the play offs and were ok.

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 06:10:56 pm »
You know if anyone wants to lear to play they have classes at the the metro radio thing. ...They provide kit also

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 06:25:04 pm »
Not sure if I have the spare time, but I'd have done it when younger if I had known. Used to play Street Hockey, but couldn't skate for s*** so was in goal.  :lol: Found my old Lindros 88 stick a few months ago!

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 07:51:56 pm »
Can't wait for it to start again, although it will be clashing with the MLB Playoffs so I guess the ESPN coverage won't really pick up for a few weeks. I love having ESPN America, it is pretty much my first choice channel whenever I get hold of the remote. The Wild have managed to lose all of their pre-season games against NHL oppo. I have no expectation of any success this season.

I would have loved to have given Ice Hockey a go but sadly I have no skating ability and only a full body transplant would ever change that. Gutted really as I have played Baseball, American Football and Basketball. I enjoyed them all and would surely enjoy Hockey.

Offline QBG

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 08:01:39 pm »
Can't wait for it to start again, although it will be clashing with the MLB Playoffs so I guess the ESPN coverage won't really pick up for a few weeks. I love having ESPN America, it is pretty much my first choice channel whenever I get hold of the remote. The Wild have managed to lose all of their pre-season games against NHL oppo. I have no expectation of any success this season.

I would have loved to have given Ice Hockey a go but sadly I have no skating ability and only a full body transplant would ever change that. Gutted really as I have played Baseball, American Football and Basketball. I enjoyed them all and would surely enjoy Hockey.

Do you just follow every Minnesota team MKSC?

Offline MKSC

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 08:03:35 pm »

Yes.

Including the Golden Gophers.

Offline QBG

• General Member
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 6 October 2010, 08:07:11 pm »

Yes.

Including the Golden Gophers.

May I ask why? Sentimental attachment?