Author Topic: Bury Forever B vs NOFC - Saturday 2nd October [before Man Citeh (a)]  (Read 25780 times)

ObiChrisKenobi

Re: Bury B vs NOFC - Saturday 2nd October [before Man Citeh (a)] & Bury v R'ham!*
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 05:43:46 PM »
Sadly going to have to pull out of this one guys. However, the rest of you guys should really take this chance up, as its a great gesture and offering from the Bury fan's and their club. Shows great spirit and how close the teams are to their fan's teams (look at Preston!). If only the Toon were so kind, eh?

Tall Striker

Re: Bury B vs NOFC - Saturday 2nd October [before Man Citeh (a)] & Bury v R'ham!*
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 05:46:16 PM »
Mate I'm driving down from Newcastle and back on the Sat so let me know if you want a lift?

Cheers for offering to pick me up from Boro Greg, that's idea. I'll PM you my postcode.

Just need overnight accom if anyone's offering....

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #52 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 05:53:18 PM »
Heard travel lodge have a spare room... or 20.  O0

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
Sadly going to have to pull out of this one guys. However, the rest of you guys should really take this chance up, as its a great gesture and offering from the Bury fan's and their club. Shows great spirit and how close the teams are to their fan's teams (look at Preston!). If only the Toon were so kind, eh?

Have to work on it mate, little steps. When the idea of NOFC was originally brought to our attention by the Preston lads (who, lets be honest, were keen to get another northern team involved, particularly if it allowed them to have a weekend away in Newcastle as a team) quite a few people saw the success they'd had with the 'real' Preston club and naively took it that by associating themselves with the IFA, they would somehow get access to part of the NUFC umbrella.

When it became apparent that this was clearly not the case, their interest and commitment swiftly vanished.

As with all things in life, if you want it to be successful, you have to put some effort in - whether that's getting yourself to an away game a few hours (or a day!) earlier to make sure we have enough numbers, or arranging transport/accommodation to help out another player or two - it all helps.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #54 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 07:21:41 PM »
Oh aye, I'm glad you took over NOFC to be fair. Its been a good laugh and strangely OK getting to know the forum members (strange how different are in person to their forum personalities though).

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 09:44:01 PM »
f*** off man you c***.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #56 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 10:01:01 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #57 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 01:05:52 PM »
Bury 'B' Supporters Team vs Newcastle Online FC
Date: Saturday 2nd October 2010

Venue: Goshen Sports Complex

Surface: TBC

Address: Bury

Postcode: BL9 9RG

Meet Time: 9.30am Saturday @ Goshen Complex changing rooms

KO Time: 10am

Ref: TBC

Match Fees: £3

Confirmed Squad:

Ocho [D R] - driving from L'pool
QBG [D L] - in with Ocho?
Hamish [D C] - in with Ocho
Elijah [F C] - own transport
Stu [M C] - own transport
Ben [D/M R] - own transport
Greg [GK] - driving from Newcastle
Tall Striker [F C]  - in with Greg
Optimistic NUT [D C] - in with Greg
Deano [M C] - lives in Manchester
Joel [AM C] - lives in Manchester

?
Peter [F C] - in with Greg?

N/A:
ObiChrisKenobi [H C]
Rich [M C] - own transport?/in with Ocho?
James G
GallowgateKev
Neesy
MKSC

Updated with relevant info, can everyone make sure they know how they're getting to the pitch and that they're there by 9.30. Cheers

Tall Striker

« Reply #58 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 01:22:23 PM »
Got another lad who says he'll play. CM by trade, and supposedly fairly decent. Plays regularly for a sunday league side in Darlo.

He's called Carl

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 01:22:57 PM »
Rich doesn't really want to play, being a Liverpool fan and all that.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #60 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 01:24:11 PM »

Confirmed Squad:

?

N/A:
ObiChrisKenobi [H C]
James G
GallowgateKev
Neesy
MKSC

Updated with relevant info, can everyone make sure they know how they're getting to the pitch and that they're there by 9.30. Cheers

Tall Striker

« Reply #61 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 01:27:45 PM »

Confirmed Squad:

Carl [M C/MR] Lives in Manchester

?

N/A:
ObiChrisKenobi [H C]
James G
GallowgateKev
Neesy
MKSC

;)

Offline Ocho

• General Member
Re: Bury B vs NOFC - Saturday 2nd October [before Man Citeh (a)] & Bury v R'ham!
« Reply #62 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 04:21:18 PM »
Rich doesn't really want to play, being a Liverpool fan and all that.

That's a pity. He did well against Tranmere.

We're missing some pictures so I'll bring my camera along on Saturday.

Tall Striker

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 10:25:02 PM »
Who's picking the team for this bad boy then? Reigns handed back to Stu...?

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 10:30:21 PM »

It pretty much picks itself given who is available, just need to work out who to move to the left out of Deano, Joel and Stu (going on the confirmed list and presuming 4 4 2).

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 10:35:04 PM »

It pretty much picks itself given who is available, just need to work out who to move to the left out of Deano, Joel and Stu (going on the confirmed list and presuming 4 4 2).

:nope:

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 10:38:50 PM »

So either the positions you've put next to the players names are wrong or half the team will be playing out of position.

Ah you've added a right winger! :lol:

Still pretty much picks itself just need to decide which central midfielder to start on the bench and who is on the left (if 4 4 2).
« Last Edit: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 11:05:50 PM by Greg »

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 10:39:33 PM »
Good luck getting people to play out of position. You'd have thought I'd asked does anyone want an STD when I asked if anyone else fancied going in goal at Tranmere for the 2nd half.

Tall Striker

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 10:57:36 PM »

Who are Deano and Joel btw?

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 10:59:13 PM »

Who are Deano and Joel btw?

Deano is my mate who played in the last Red v Blue game, no idea who Joel is.

Tall Striker

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 11:04:50 PM »
Just spoke to Carl, said he doesn't mind playing anywhere accross the midfield, so could be an option for out left.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 11:26:14 PM »
Good luck getting people to play out of position. You'd have thought I'd asked does anyone want an STD when I asked if anyone else fancied going in goal at Tranmere for the 2nd half.

I offered but was told politely that I was staying at CB.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 11:39:33 PM »

So either the positions you've put next to the players names are wrong or half the team will be playing out of position.

Still pretty much picks itself just need to decide which central midfielder to start on the bench and who is on the left (if 4 4 2).

it's all pretty irrelevant and conjecture what people say on here mind, I suppose in OCK's enforced absence, I'll pick a team and a formation on the day based on who turns up (nothing new, eh?)

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 11:43:51 PM »

it's all pretty irrelevant and conjecture what people say on here mind, I suppose in OCK's enforced absence, I'll pick a team and a formation on the day based on who turns up (nothing new, eh?)

So aye if the people who have said they will attend do so then it pretty much picks itself.

Unless you are a scholar of the Sam Allardyce school of football management.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 29 September 2010, 07:12:06 AM »
I make it 13 if Nick's mate comes along.