Author Topic: Shola Ameobi - Ashley apologist  (Read 603241 times)

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
Re: Shola Ameobi - Ashley apologist
« Reply #10450 on: Sunday 10 May 2020, 06:38:55 PM »

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #10451 on: Sunday 10 May 2020, 06:39:28 PM »
Always had a soft spot for Shola as a player, never disliked him despite him obviously being not good enough for over a decade.

The Ashley apologist cuntery though means he can get f***ed, all of them can.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #10452 on: Sunday 10 May 2020, 06:41:29 PM »
Doesn’t matter what point he’s trying to put across he always does it terribly. Actually seems terrified of the camera.

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #10453 on: Sunday 10 May 2020, 06:42:50 PM »
Again, I'd love someone to spin it around and get these pricks to explain exactly why someone like Steve Bruce deserves to be given a chance to spend a huge amount of money to do something he's never ever done or come remotely close to doing. Break it down step by step.

He's a dinosaur and needs binning asap. No sympathy or sentiment, just his P45 the day they get the keys.

Offline Carrick18

• General Member
  • Big Jack
« Reply #10454 on: Sunday 10 May 2020, 06:58:53 PM »
I think we forget how often personal bias influences these situations.

Someone like Shola knows them as people, as human beings, he's had dealings with them. It makes it a lot harder to be critical of them because you actually have to stare them in the face at some point. When it comes to Bruce, there's also a belief still about 'good football men'. It's not right, but it exists.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #10456 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 06:09:42 PM »
I think we forget how often personal bias influences these situations.

Someone like Shola knows them as people, as human beings, he's had dealings with them. It makes it a lot harder to be critical of them because you actually have to stare them in the face at some point. When it comes to Bruce, there's also a belief still about 'good football men'. It's not right, but it exists.

I've said on another thread that I don't actually have a problem with Shola, other than he was never good enough. He's not good enough to be a tv pundit either, but for some reason he keeps getting the gig, maybe because he ticks some diversity box. Regardless, hopefully along with Bruce and the other Steves, he'll be consigned to history once we move up a level following the takeover.