Author Topic: The other games today - 2010/11  (Read 998357 times)

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
Re: The other games today - 2010/11
« Reply #43775 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 01:22:20 AM »
"Andy Gray & Richard Keys Laughing At Women's Football"

Every single goal, man. Both keepers. :lol:

n4e

« Reply #43776 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 03:05:39 AM »
"Andy Gray & Richard Keys Laughing At Women's Football"

Every single goal, man. Both keepers. :lol:

That second goal man  :lol:

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #43777 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 11:54:23 AM »
The one where the keeper comes running out is like Almunia.

Infact, all the mistakes are like Almunia  :lol:
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
« Reply #43778 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 04:56:13 PM »
Brazil vs Australia (women) in 5 minutes or so on Fifa.com
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #43779 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
Since this thread was started by Clint Dempsy, was suprised to find out Fulham's season starts tommorw! they play some team from the Faroe Islands

Online Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #43780 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 05:28:38 PM »
Brazil vs Australia (women) in 5 minutes or so on Fifa.com

Rather deep fry my insides.
Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #43781 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 05:32:30 PM »
Anyone watch England women earlier? I died a little inside, it really was that bad.

Relatively, tbh, it didn't frustrate me as much as the men's 'performances' at the World Cup and the abject s*** under 21s served up at the Euros.

Yeah, it's not the best, but it probably suffers because of the direct comparisons with the obviously superior mens game. Women's tennis is the same, but it doesn't stop it being viewed and enjoyedas a different sport. I wouldn't watch a neutral game of women's football, but with a side to support it does have some merits.

The keepers are truly dire though, that pisses me off.

Exactly how I feel on all accounts.  :thup:

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #43782 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 05:33:50 PM »
Is there a biological reason why women goalkeepers are so rubbish?

It's nuts, isn't it? Every single goal looks like a match fix.

In general, womens' sense of spatial surroundings are much inferior to men, and they generally would have a harder time knowing where they are in relation to the goal when coming off the line or trying to narrow the angle for strikers. It's hard for us men to comprehend such a thing, but it's also why, again in general, women tend to have bigger problems parking cars than men. Not knowing 100% where you are in relation to the goal at all times will of course not help the confidence of keepers to do necessary 'brave actions' where they need to challenge for the ball, eg. aerially.

This is not a sexist comment as much as a factual comment and I hoped I outlined that by saying 'in general', many times. Of course there are women out there who defy the rule as do men with the various other things women are 'proven better' at. But it goes some way to explaining why goalkeeping is so off-the-pace compared to the outfield players.

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #43783 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 05:36:32 PM »
Do you have a source for such a claim?

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #43784 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 05:37:51 PM »
:lol:

Offline David28

• General Member
« Reply #43785 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 05:39:07 PM »

In general, womens' sense of spatial surroundings are much inferior to men, and they generally would have a harder time knowing where they are in relation to the goal when coming off the line or trying to narrow the angle for strikers. It's hard for us men to comprehend such a thing, but it's also why, again in general, women tend to have bigger problems parking cars than men. Not knowing 100% where you are in relation to the goal at all times will of course not help the confidence of keepers to do necessary 'brave actions' where they need to challenge for the ball, eg. aerially.

This is not a sexist comment as much as a factual comment and I hoped I outlined that by saying 'in general', many times. Of course there are women out there who defy the rule as do men with the various other things women are 'proven better' at. But it goes some way to explaining why goalkeeping is so off-the-pace compared to the outfield players.

Great :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline CaliMag

• Ser Spoiler
  • General Member
« Reply #43786 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 05:44:51 PM »

I was waiting for the punchline when HawK tells us that women are constantly told that a 4" penis is in fact 12" and that it has a cumulative affect on their spacial reasoning skills.
One of the few remaining non-hystericals.

Offline Shayno

• General Member
« Reply #43787 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 06:31:08 PM »
Brail goes 1-0 up against Australia in Womens world cup. Very Newcastle United-esque goal to exceed with horrible hesitant defending of a ball in the air.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #43788 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 07:40:36 PM »
The US keeper isn't all that bad.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #43789 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 07:42:57 PM »
The US keeper isn't all that bad.

"The only thing we produce is goalkeepers so lets brag about wherever possible even in women's football"  :kermit:
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #43790 on: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 09:28:41 PM »
:lol: Did you see the game against Mexico? Let me have my f***ing moment. Negative f***ing b******!