Author Topic: NOFC vs Preston Invincibles - Saturday 10th July  (Read 32836 times)

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
Re: NOFC vs Preston Invincibles - Saturday 10th July
« Reply #100 on: Thursday 8 July 2010, 10:08:18 PM »
Did it v Barnsley. Ref doesn't even f***ing listen when you call something so it's a complete waste of time.
Tires me out n all.

Offline MKSC

• General Member
  • Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
« Reply #101 on: Thursday 8 July 2010, 10:14:02 PM »
It still needs to be done though. Have you ever tried to do a proper game with no lino's. It's s***. If I'm off the pitch at some point during a game I'm playing i'll grab a flag. No problem.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #102 on: Thursday 8 July 2010, 11:06:44 PM »
We managed ok against Whitby as it happens. Didn't even have a ref!

Heneage

« Reply #103 on: Thursday 8 July 2010, 11:31:54 PM »
True but when I'm trying to manage it helps if someone would just grab it and run the line.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #104 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 12:04:17 AM »
True but when I'm trying to manage it helps if someone would just grab it and run the line.

:lol: i look forward to seeing this management in full flow. You going to be making notes?

Heneage

« Reply #105 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 12:17:08 AM »

:lol: i look forward to seeing this management in full flow. You going to be making notes?
:lol:

It's predominately Mourinho esq shouting, and moving players around and screaming at my brother to actually tackle someone and not turn his back.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #106 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:28:32 AM »
sounds pretty gay, what formation?

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #107 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 01:34:28 PM »
Anyone know where you can get a cheap ankle support from?

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #108 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 01:35:23 PM »
Anyone know where you can get a cheap ankle support from?

Boots do em, not sure how much they cost but if you need one for tomorrow they may be your best bet.

Heneage

« Reply #109 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 02:17:34 PM »
Really excited for this. Think we've come a long way since we last played them. We know a lot more about our own players, and have a good unity.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #110 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 02:40:53 PM »
Really excited for this. Think we've come a long way since we last played them. We know a lot more about our own players, and have a good unity.

Be a good marker for sure. Guarenteed to be a better game regardless as we won't be playing in a bog this time. IIRC we didn't look much like scoring last time so thats something to aim for.

Heneage

« Reply #111 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 02:47:05 PM »

Be a good marker for sure. Guarenteed to be a better game regardless as we won't be playing in a bog this time. IIRC we didn't look much like scoring last time so thats something to aim for.
Aye but to be fair, irrespective of the pitch, the cutting edge was they had strikers who would shoot we had a midfielder playing upfront a lone.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #112 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 02:52:16 PM »

Aye but to be fair, irrespective of the pitch, the cutting edge was they had strikers who would shoot we had a midfielder playing upfront a lone.

Oh i know, the pitch was a contributing factor in it being a bit of kick and rush match, neither team really got the ball down and played too much fancy stuff. On a personal note that was the first time I'd met the entire team bar Yorkie i think which doesn't help massively.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • "Nice and decent." Disco, Feb 2021
« Reply #113 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:03:50 PM »
:lol: The cutting edge was that everyone on their team had football boots. About half of our lot did.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #114 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:05:15 PM »
:lol: The cutting edge was that everyone on their team had football boots. About half of our lot did.

so their team followed the simple advice of "bring boots AND trainers" - world beaters, eh?

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #115 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:13:20 PM »
Well do they do say all Preston fans like to follow instructions.

Offline Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #116 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:26:27 PM »

so their team followed the simple advice of "bring boots AND trainers" - world beaters, eh?

Couple of late changes, ref is now Les Moulds and Blakelaw have double booked the 3G with an NFA league match, so we're on one of the grass pitches. They're all quite firm due to the frost, so you should be fine with the same footwear.

Good advice.

Heneage

« Reply #117 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
If you've got boots why not bring them? Always baffled me...

Offline Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #118 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:36:04 PM »
Don't have boots, being my simple answer

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #119 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:36:53 PM »

Eh? When did i say they were world beaters? I think we'd have beaten them on 3G and i think we will at the weekend.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #120 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:38:40 PM »

Eh? When did i say they were world beaters? I think we'd have beaten them on 3G and i think we will at the weekend.

:lol: you be trippin'.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #121 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:39:49 PM »
We would've man! They weren't that good like. They had a good winger who had me for breakfast and shat me out again (a common theme), but apart from that, all they had on us was a bit more organisation.

We'll s*** em this weekend like. Proper confident.

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #122 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:48:29 PM »
Are you playing Matt?

Offline Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • General Member
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #123 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:49:12 PM »

Couple of late changes, ref is now Les Moulds and Blakelaw have double booked the 3G with an NFA league match, so we're on one of the grass pitches. They're all quite firm due to the frost, so you should be fine with the same footwear.

Good advice.

:pow:

Kudos.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #124 on: Friday 9 July 2010, 03:50:28 PM »
Why do people not have boots?