Author Topic: Football Things on TV  (Read 64950 times)

Offline Fenham Mag

• General Member
Re: Football Things on TV
« Reply #450 on: Tuesday 27 March 2012, 11:48:55 PM »
Anyone watch that 'Hit the Road Jack' on Channel 4 with Shearer? Shearer talking about Geordie Shore :lol:
I really like Fenham Mag. Great guy and a very good poster.

Offline Fenham Mag

• General Member
« Reply #451 on: Tuesday 27 March 2012, 11:59:09 PM »
Shearer was on a hidden camera show winding some lad up and he was meant to tell the lad a secret that he (Shearer) was actually a Sunderland fan , which he laughed and refused to and give his cover away :lol: Fair play Alan.
I really like Fenham Mag. Great guy and a very good poster.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday 28 March 2012, 12:36:35 AM »
Anyone watch that 'Hit the Road Jack' on Channel 4 with Shearer? Shearer talking about Geordie Shore :lol:

"When people think you they think of you as being quite a traditional footballer and quite old fashioned. Do you get exasperated when you see modern footballers you know like sleeping around with BB contestants and twittering about it and stuff like that?"
"No, I would do it if I wasn't married."

:lol: :lol:
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday 28 March 2012, 09:07:22 AM »

"When people think you they think of you as being quite a traditional footballer and quite old fashioned. Do you get exasperated when you see modern footballers you know like sleeping around with BB contestants and twittering about it and stuff like that?"
"No, I would do it if I wasn't married."

:lol: :lol:

:lol: He said that? f***ing legend.

BooBoo

« Reply #454 on: Wednesday 28 March 2012, 09:38:04 AM »
Shearer was very light hearted on that show. Was a bit of a laugh really.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday 28 March 2012, 06:46:14 PM »
Shearer was on a hidden camera show winding some lad up and he was meant to tell the lad a secret that he (Shearer) was actually a Sunderland fan , which he laughed and refused to and give his cover away :lol: Fair play Alan.

Just finished watching it..... cracked up laughing. Nice one, Al. :lol: :thup:

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #456 on: Saturday 31 March 2012, 10:48:30 AM »
They were showing The Big Match revisited from 1983, on ITV4 this morning.

bengenufc

« Reply #457 on: Saturday 31 March 2012, 11:05:13 AM »
What time was the big match on?

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #458 on: Saturday 31 March 2012, 11:14:48 AM »

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #459 on: Friday 4 May 2012, 03:03:02 PM »
U17 European Championships on Eurosport tonight.

http://www.uefa.com/under17/index.html

(England u17 didn't qualify)

Offline Scoreboard82

• General Member
« Reply #460 on: Friday 4 May 2012, 06:15:25 PM »
What time was the big match on?
I watched it on Virgins' catch up service a couple of days ago. Try typing it into the catch up search if you have virgin tele. That's where i accidentally found it when looking for something else.
Love that type of show personaly. Takes you back. Reminded me of school, when everyone was wearing assorted shiny adidas strips. Man City and Brighton were wearing them in this episode and they were the in thing for teams of that era.

Craig-NUFC

« Reply #461 on: Tuesday 8 May 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
Saha on Newsnight tonight talking about French politics and football

:serious:

Offline Neil

• The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 12:14:42 AM »
Barton and Saha - BBC really getting the big-name interviews.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 11:11:33 AM »
Saha on Newsnight tonight talking about French politics and football

:serious:

I was going to watch that, but chose not to, fortunate in the end as I would have smashed my f***ing TV up.
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011
Winner:  AliGupter
Runner-up:  Nobody even came close

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 11:15:20 AM »
Why do you hate Saha again? :lol:

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 11:17:44 AM »
Why do you hate Saha again? :lol:

Because he's f***ing s**** and one of the luckiest footballers around.

If he hadn't had so many injuries he'd be playing in The Championship now, complete waste of space and another footballer who seems to have one of these made up careers.
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 12:44:12 PM »
That's bollocks like. Saha was mint at his best.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #467 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 12:47:20 PM »
That's bollocks like. Saha was mint at his best.

He f***ing wasn't man, he's never played well on a consistent basis apart from a season in The Championship, he's got a made up career and he's f***ing s****.

Biggest Fraud 2011

Offline Greg

« Reply #468 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 12:48:39 PM »
He's not like, you are spouting utter s****.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 12:50:15 PM »
Strong, quick, two-footed, intelligent movement and could head the ball. If it wasn't for injuries he'd have been class for Man U. In fact when he did put games together he was.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 12:52:58 PM »
Strong, quick, two-footed, intelligent movement and could head the ball. If it wasn't for injuries he'd have been class for Man U. In fact when he did put games together he was.
Quick, I'll give you that, not strong, can't head the ball.

If it wasn't for injuries he'd have never lasted so long at Man Utd, as they'd have seen how f***ing s*** he was much earlier.

Biggest Fraud 2011

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 12:53:02 PM »
He put a full season together for Fulham and Man U in 2003-2004 and got 20 league goals.

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 12:54:46 PM »
He put a full season together for Fulham and Man U in 2003-2004 and got 20 league goals.

James Beattie once got over 20 goals in a season too.

Biggest Fraud 2011

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 12:57:13 PM »
keep an eye out for a documentary called 'paleda'. youngish couple travel the world playing in street games, in a bolivian (?) gail, with iranian women etc. really good watch. I saw it on PBS byt it's probabaly available elsewhere.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday 9 May 2012, 12:57:47 PM »
Quick, I'll give you that, not strong, can't head the ball.

If it wasn't for injuries he'd have never lasted so long at Man Utd, as they'd have seen how f***ing s*** he was much earlier.

Whenever he played consistently he would score. He was a talented and effective forward who's career has been curtailed by injury problems. Ridiculous vendetta.