Author Topic: Football Things on TV  (Read 73945 times)

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
Re: Football Things on TV
« Reply #1075 on: Friday 3 April 2020, 11:59:20 AM »
Only just got around to watching 'Diego Maradona'. Absolutely brilliant. Love seeing old footage, especially simple things like him in personal training, stuff we probably wouldn't ordinarily see.
His life in Naples must have been crazy from the moment he stepped off the plane.
I think he's my favourite player of all time.
It’s brilliant - loved it - thought I was.quite clued up on wor Diego but this added a few extra details to my memory bank - shame they turned on him after 1990
They way they turned on him after 1990 was ridiculous. He was playing for his country FFS. What's he meant to do, miss on purpose? :lol:

I thought the way they framed that was strange.  Fair enough if that's really the reason he was turned on, however it seemed to me his main crime was trying to convince Napoli fans to support Argentina in the run-up to the match :lol:

Yeah didn’t understand that - especially from the city of Napoli - let’s just forget what he did in the previous 5 years or so for you - you were a nothing club before he arrived

Thought Ciro Ferrara came out of it well - really liked him when he was at Juve

Neapolitans did not turn on him - I think that bit was badly portrayed in the documentary. He's obviously still deified to this day.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #1076 on: Friday 3 April 2020, 08:44:41 PM »
Only just got around to watching 'Diego Maradona'. Absolutely brilliant. Love seeing old footage, especially simple things like him in personal training, stuff we probably wouldn't ordinarily see.
His life in Naples must have been crazy from the moment he stepped off the plane.
I think he's my favourite player of all time.
It’s brilliant - loved it - thought I was.quite clued up on wor Diego but this added a few extra details to my memory bank - shame they turned on him after 1990
They way they turned on him after 1990 was ridiculous. He was playing for his country FFS. What's he meant to do, miss on purpose? :lol:

I thought the way they framed that was strange.  Fair enough if that's really the reason he was turned on, however it seemed to me his main crime was trying to convince Napoli fans to support Argentina in the run-up to the match :lol:

Yeah didn’t understand that - especially from the city of Napoli - let’s just forget what he did in the previous 5 years or so for you - you were a nothing club before he arrived

Thought Ciro Ferrara came out of it well - really liked him when he was at Juve

Neapolitans did not turn on him - I think that bit was badly portrayed in the documentary. He's obviously still deified to this day.

I recall at the time they turned on him.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #1077 on: Saturday 4 April 2020, 08:31:35 AM »
 Finally got round to watch the Man City thing on Prime - well, first three episodes - really enjoyed it but it’s so annoying that it could have been us  :rant:

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #1078 on: Saturday 4 April 2020, 12:37:44 PM »
No more retro matches at 3pm from the Newcastle website, no staff in to sort it out would you believe
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1079 on: Saturday 4 April 2020, 09:28:18 PM »
Tonight at 11

Gary Lineker presents highlights from three classic Premier League matches, as chosen by some of the regular expert analysts that appear on the show. This week's selection includes the memorable encounter from April 1996 between Liverpool and Newcastle United at Anfield, as chosen by Alan Shearer

Shame Shearer couldn't pick a game we didn't lose

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #1080 on: Saturday 4 April 2020, 11:11:33 PM »
5-0 v Man U was first

Offline Paulie Walnuts

• General Member
« Reply #1081 on: Saturday 4 April 2020, 11:11:35 PM »
n
Tonight at 11

Gary Lineker presents highlights from three classic Premier League matches, as chosen by some of the regular expert analysts that appear on the show. This week's selection includes the memorable encounter from April 1996 between Liverpool and Newcastle United at Anfield, as chosen by Alan Shearer

Shame Shearer couldn't pick a game we didn't lose
First match, on now, Newcastle 5-0 Man U.  Man we were good.

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
« Reply #1082 on: Sunday 5 April 2020, 12:17:36 AM »
Did Linekar say he thought that was Aprilla's last goal for us in the first Liverpool 4-3, or did I mishear?

Offline Paulie Walnuts

• General Member
« Reply #1083 on: Sunday 5 April 2020, 12:21:00 AM »
Did Linekar say he thought that was Aprilla's last goal for us in the first Liverpool 4-3, or did I mishear?
that's how i heard it too.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #1084 on: Wednesday 8 April 2020, 11:09:43 AM »
Has anyone seen Kenny ? (not the the toilet cleaning one)
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #1085 on: Wednesday 8 April 2020, 11:31:21 AM »
Rio doing a Twitter Q&A for BT later on, all the top replies so far about Ashley. :lol:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AskRio&src=typeahead_click

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #1086 on: Wednesday 8 April 2020, 11:44:00 AM »
Rio doing a Twitter Q&A for BT later on, all the top replies so far about Ashley. :lol:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AskRio&src=typeahead_click

I couldn't resist asking if Ashley had also furloughed him :lol:

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #1087 on: Wednesday 8 April 2020, 10:07:08 PM »
On the BBC Iplayer is a MOTD World Cup rewind.5 cracking games from the past with the added bonus of David Coleman commentary on the Scotland vs Holland 78 game. And David Icke commentating on the last game.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #1089 on: Thursday 9 April 2020, 12:14:06 AM »
Also on the Iplayer is the Bill Shankly documentary. KK is on it quite often, and it's obvious where Kevin got his manager skills from. Shankly was a genius.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #1090 on: Thursday 9 April 2020, 02:51:14 PM »
"Made in Senegal"

Sadio Mane documentary free to watch (with adverts) from Rakuten TV: -

https://rakuten.tv/uk/movies/made-in-senegal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52213398
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #1091 on: Sunday 12 April 2020, 02:38:59 PM »
?s=21

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1092 on: Sunday 12 April 2020, 03:21:42 PM »
Watching the Bobby Robson documentary on Netflix and it's class.

Don't like Mourinho but love it when he speaks about 'Mr Robson'. Also didn't realise Ronaldo's English was so good

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #1093 on: Sunday 12 April 2020, 03:48:33 PM »
?s=21
Rather they put on the 5-1 or something instead.

Offline Tsunami

• General Member
  • Ashley Out
« Reply #1094 on: Sunday 12 April 2020, 04:09:30 PM »
Really should have won this.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #1095 on: Sunday 12 April 2020, 04:31:02 PM »
Loving this!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Thorpinho

• General Member
« Reply #1096 on: Sunday 12 April 2020, 06:29:25 PM »
Is there any way to watch the england game again if you missed it? Seems to have disappeared from iplayer/website now

Offline Tsunami

• General Member
  • Ashley Out
« Reply #1097 on: Sunday 12 April 2020, 06:58:17 PM »
Just tried to freeze frame Platt’s disallowed goal - looks to me like he was onside.
« Last Edit: Sunday 12 April 2020, 09:23:23 PM by Tsunami »

Offline Scoreboard82

• General Member
« Reply #1098 on: Sunday 12 April 2020, 08:45:32 PM »
Jermain Jenas on 'Match of their day' last night. One of his picks of his top games was the win away at the SOS when Dabizas scored that header in front of the toon fans. Said he had underestimated the rivalry and was surprised by the atmosphere that hit him as he walked out. I didn't know that was his debut as a 19 year old.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1099 on: Sunday 12 April 2020, 09:31:28 PM »
Jermain Jenas on 'Match of their day' last night. One of his picks of his top games was the win away at the SOS when Dabizas scored that header in front of the toon fans. Said he had underestimated the rivalry and was surprised by the atmosphere that hit him as he walked out. I didn't know that was his debut as a 19 year old.

He was class that game. His first 18 months here he was brilliant.
?s=21